Author Topic: Mario Galaxy  (Read 238021 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Super Mario Galaxy
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2007, 02:35:37 AM »
Bill if Daisy is not in Brawl I am coming after you.  

With all Nintendo has done to give her an interesting and seperate personality than Peach, I just don't see her having the same move set as Peach.  She is the pretty and lady like Princess.  She is the tomboy princess that kicks ass and takes names...even Reggies.

And Professional 666 will tell you we don't need 8 more girls for a Nintendo calender we just need 12 shots of Daisy and were set.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super Mario Galaxy
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2007, 02:44:13 AM »
You know who Emo-Star-Princess(ESP) reminds me off?  The princess type characters that keep popping up in the newer Sonic universe games.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2007, 08:38:23 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Bill if Daisy is not in Brawl I am coming after you.

With all Nintendo has done to give her an interesting and seperate personality than Peach, I just don't see her having the same move set as Peach.  She is the pretty and lady like Princess.  She is the tomboy princess that kicks ass and takes names...even Reggies.

Petey and Bowser Jr. have better chances at taking the "Annoying character no one wants as a Brawl character" spot, sorry...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2007, 08:42:51 AM »
Dear god there will be hell to pay if Bowser JR is included.

Can't like Mario put a bullet in his head and like send the body into the sun or something so he never ever ever comes back? Seriously.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2007, 08:46:27 AM »
Hey, I, too, think he's annoying in the main games...I don't mind him being in the Party/Kart/Tennis/etc games..., but he's actually been in the canon, main entries of Mario games, unlike crappy Daisy who's been relegated to party games where she belongs... =)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:50 AM »
Well I don't care about Daisy either TBH lol I was just expressing my disgust for Bowser JR.

(I really dislike daisy in Mario Kart DS when she passes anyone and her WOOHOO!!!! voice plays. Most. Annoying. WOOHOO. Ever.)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »
***Should this be in the Brawl thread?***

Oh well.

Actually Bowser Jr isn't that annoying, and could actually be a fun character to play...if they design him with little humor in mind as a L'l Bowser should be.

I think the most frustrating thing about Bowser Jr is that his existance has killed the Koopa Siblings and made the continunity confusing, which I really don't care about too much.

To me Bowser Jr adds some funny motivation for Bowser much like the very Japanese Godzilla movies with Minazilla or whatever the little one is named.  But, those same things could have been accomplished with the Koopa kids and were in the cartoon series.  Why not evolve those character then make a new one?  

Oh well.

Petey was a character I never understood.  Why did this character become so popular and cool?  It must just be the character design, because nothing else sticks out about him...and truthfully his character design is cool and whimsical...and I wouldn't mind him in Brawl, because he could be another heavy character, and could add some interesting special Vine attacks and such...and his Paint Blobs would be fun for adding a slip N Slide effect.

As for Daisy, why the hate?  Sure the "Hi I'm Daisy!!!" got old, but it was brilliantly hillarious for me and wife to quote over and over again instead of going to bed.  

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2007, 10:35:06 AM »

I think the most frustrating thing about Bowser Jr is that his existance has killed the Koopa Siblings

Yeah that's what mainly annoys me. That and it's just a cheap/easy way to use Baby Bowser in the main continuity along side adult Bowser.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »
The Koopa Kids weren't that great.  Their existence inflated the villain count without adding anything worthwhile.  In other words, since they were all just little Bowsers, we didn't need so many of them.  They were invented just to create the illusion that the bosses in SMB 3 weren't all the same.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »
PartyBear:  True, but they could have evolved, and they were evolved in the cartoon series giving them personalities and really can add variety and motivation to the characters.

They are also still popular characters as the Super Star Saga proves because fans were so impressed that Nintendo brought them back in the final scenes of the game.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2007, 05:28:36 AM »
What the Koopa Kids had was PERSONALITY, which made them different regardless of how their battles played out... =3

Oh, and new scans out there...Magikoopas and the Mario 64 penguins return!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2007, 06:32:16 AM »
Seeing Magi-Koopa made me so happy.  

What shocks me is that most screens I have seen show a game filled with several enemies that look quite challenging.  And Shigeru Miyamoto was talking about how the game was too easy before he recently decided to make it harder.

Everything I see about this game makes me happy.  120 Stars 6 Worlds with several planets...everything sounds very exciting to me.  

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2007, 06:45:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
What the Koopa Kids had was PERSONALITY, which made them different regardless of how their battles played out... =3

Oh, and new scans out there...Magikoopas and the Mario 64 penguins return!

Uhhh LINK PLEASE?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 09, 2007, 07:28:17 AM »
You're so lazy!

Also in the screens I notice:

- the blue...things from Mario Sunshine that would knock you up in the air like the little jerks they are
- Splunkins! (New Super Mario Brothers)
- Dry Bones
- Mutant Spiny Beetle/Monty Mole
- BOB-OMBS!
- Pokeys
- Classic Boo (Teresa ='D)
- Two different colors of Goomba, I think...
- Classic ? Block

Like Smash Brothers, it's looking like this will be a fanservice game too!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 09, 2007, 07:50:34 AM »
Lazy? It's not like it's on the official Super Mario Galaxy page or something yesh how was I supposed to know where to look?

(Thanks for the link).

The game looks absolutely jaw droopingly beautiful even in screens can't wait!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2007, 03:14:51 AM »
Thanks Bill.  Glad to see lots of classic enemies and new ones making it into the game - good balance.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2007, 08:46:10 AM »
Ok here is some more news from Nintendo Power about SMG.

-120 stars, 40 galaxies, 6 major regions.
- Gateway Galaxy - travel from planet to planet to catch space rabbits (who are really stars), collect star chips, fight a giant Goomba for a key
- Star Dust Galaxy - use Beam Stars to move around space ā€œgarbageā€, explore a rocket, rescue toads, and more.
- Egg Planet Galaxy
- Cookie Factory Galaxy
- Power-ups - Super Mushroom (it increases your health to max), Invincibility Star, Fire Flower Bee Mario, Boo Mario

Yes you read that right, the fire flower is back along with the invinicibility star!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2007, 09:18:33 AM »
BEST...(MARIO) GAME...EVER...

Ninty, you want to make this the best game ever made?  KURIBO'S SHOE...DO IT...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2007, 09:22:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
BEST...(MARIO) GAME...EVER...

Ninty, you want to make this the best game ever made?  KURIBO'S SHOE...DO IT...

That would be so cool if they put in the shoe. I loved that thing in SMB3 and I'd like to see Miyamoto have a unique world that utilizes the shoe even if it is only one area.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2007, 10:14:31 AM »
Ohhh the shoe, now that WAS an awesome thing.
My favorite has always been the Tanuki suit though.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 20, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Ghisy
Ohhh the shoe, now that WAS an awesome thing.
My favorite has always been the Tanuki suit though.

The Tanuki suit was pretty useless to me but it was pretty cool none the less (And not nearly as useless as the frog suit!).

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:11 AM »
The Tanooki suit sucked.  It was so rare that I never wanted to use it and therefore never got to.    Same with the Hammer Bro suit.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
The Tanooki suit sucked.  It was so rare that I never wanted to use it and therefore never got to.    Same with the Hammer Bro suit.

Hammer Bros suit was great stuff!

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2007, 10:40:36 AM »
Um...I like the tanooki suit.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »
I think the Hammer Bros suit is my favorite.  I just wish that the frog suit had some kind of attack to make it awesome, that's what I think it was missing.