Author Topic: My little (ok big) take on the upcoming system wars  (Read 5650 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:My little (ok big) take on the upcoming system wars
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
What good is a $500 BRD Player that doesn't have the HDMI connection to enable its full resolution?

Eccentric's doorstop.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: My little (ok big) take on the upcoming system wars
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »
More like nut-cracker!

Am I right? Come on, am-I-right?!

....I hate you guys...
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:My little (ok big) take on the upcoming system wars
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 04:48:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
What good is a $500 BRD Player that doesn't have the HDMI connection to enable its full resolution?

Studios have supposedly agreed not to lower component resolution, so thats basically a resolved issue (for now).
"wow."

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: My little (ok big) take on the upcoming system wars
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 05:48:31 AM »
On the price of the Discs.  If you walk into a store where I live that has both of them they each go for the same price ($25-30).  Which in all actuallity really isn't that bad.  Especially when you consider this.  That is about as close as your going to get to HD-DVD/Blu-Ray version of Spiderman at this time.  Superbit forgoes special features to use the extra space for better sound and picture.  It sort of an elitist version of the DVD but would just be the entry level for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray in theory, right now it's not the case.  It lists for $26.96.  You can get it cheaper and the same with the Blu-ray and HD-DVD's.  Amazon has some of those for $19.99.  As I said earlier though, I htink it was this thread or maybe another, the transfers are being rushed right now for some reason, the players aren't up to snuff yet, and overall entry price is a little high at the moment.  That's whats really killing the two.  Just for fun This is whats considered the best looking Blu-Ray Disc to date and This is the average price that Amazon is selling the movies at.  To not be one-sided on this, Here is the average costing HD-DVD.  I apologize for not being able to find a Premo version priced HD-DVD.  Whats interesting to Note is the HD-DVD's list price is $29.98 while Blu-Ray's is $28.95.  It's not a big difference but one of the advantages of HD-DVD that it would be cheaper to produce the discs early on in the lifecycle.  Just think about that for a second.  That means your probably getting gauged a pretty penny more for this initial batch of HD-DVD then Blu-ray.  Well I guess that money is funding the cheaper players.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.