Author Topic: FIRST REV SCREENSHOT SCANS!!!!!  (Read 127279 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #500 on: August 23, 2006, 05:21:26 AM »
I agree on less person.  I like Nintendo's new system of showing people with the games, I think it gives an impression of how it plays, but game footage should still be up front, especially on something like this: it's on the Internet, so you know hardcore gamers are going to see it, not non-gamers.

Still, what I saw of the game looked pretty nice.  I like the art direction, and in motion the game seems a little more chaotic than some screenshots.  There must be three or four screenshots out there where all the characters on screen are in the exact same "I shoot you now!" pose.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #501 on: August 23, 2006, 06:31:34 AM »
the ONLY thing i liked about the new red steel trailer was when the guy shoots the aquarium in-game then gets a bucket of water splashed on his face. that was priceless.

the rest however, sucked. he looked even more cynical then the original guy in the trailer, and thos over the shoulder shots where his hands blocked the screen where annoying. also is it me or is that grainy film effect being way too overused?? i wasnt expecting much in terms of graphics for red steel or any of the wii games to be honest, but this new vid makes the game look like ass. the vids of the e3 build looked better in my opinion. i hope it was just the quality of the video or something.

also, they need to have more video of multiple enemies on screen and how easy it is to off each of them, and without using the "freeze shot" thing. i know the guy in the video isnt really playing the thing but they should have shown atleast two enemies standing a few feet apart and the cursor moving from one guys head to the other, instead we got maybe two shots fired from the pistol and a barrage from the oozie. i want to see what it will be like when you master the game and only have a few shots to take out all the enemies in a room. remember by the end of the game you'll only be getting pistols and have fewer shots to make, so cant just show sloppy shooting from an automatic weapon.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline WalkingTheCow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 23, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
Cynical? Really?

As for the vid, same old stuff. Let's see a new area.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 23, 2006, 04:58:42 PM »
You guys should check some new screens that are suposedly from IGN but have gone missing, fortunately GoNintendo has them: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4895 .

Also new artwork on IGN:  http://media.wii.ign.com/media/821/821973/imgs_1.html

Both the pics and artwork are stunning, obviously they aren't PS3/X360 stunning, nevertheless just stunning.

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2006, 06:15:34 AM »
@ CALIBAN

the screens are from the updated redsteel website

go to screensshots

look at pics 10-16

Straight from ubisoft to your brain...Wii has the CAPABILITY to produce lovely graphics. Will developers make use of the power? Who really cares. But, if they can get THOSE graphics out of Wii at LAUNCH other developers have no "overclock'd GC" excuse if they have weak graphics.  
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 25, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »
two vidoes of the NEW build

The "tokyo streets" vid is only streaming right now, but I recommend that over the "Katana" scene we've seen before.
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 27, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »
This should be great news to those of us who have high expectations for Red Steel. The german online mag Nintendo-Lan interviewed Ubi-soft and here are the snippets thanks to Go-Nintendo.

——————————————————————————–

Mordrag (thats me): Hi, in your interview with ubisoft you could ask how the swordfighting is going to work now, because it was announced to be redesigned. So that the swordmoves aren’t predetermined any more but are converted 1:1.

N-LAN: That’s the case indeed. A developer has confirmed that the control scheme will be completely redesigned so that the controller moves are converted into the game precisely. Besides the controller sensitivity will be completely adjustable in the final version. And the graphics were improved very well since E3, now the atmosphere is much more darklier and thrilling. But that’s not all, there will be even more improvements on the graphics side.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So it looks like we will be having free control over the sword and the graphics have been really improved. This seems to indicate that even the LGC demo was not their newest build (the sword still looked to be predetermined) and the graphics still weren't up to snuff.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 27, 2006, 02:51:03 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I still think that the light coming through the bullet holes in the paper door looks f**king amazing.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 27, 2006, 03:29:17 PM »
This game looks deliciously playable! Bring it on!

Offline Jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 27, 2006, 05:49:56 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
So it looks like we will be having free control over the sword and the graphics have been really improved. This seems to indicate that even the LGC demo was not their newest build (the sword still looked to be predetermined) and the graphics still weren't up to snuff.

There can't be free control, because the controller doesn't sense enough information to know its precise location in 3d space.  It may be more "analog" than before, though.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 27, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but from what I know of the Wii controller it CAN sense 3D position by interpretting data from from multiple sensors.  It'd be tough to program, I'm sure, but if the controller is calibrated in a certain position, every time it is moved, tilited, or turned in any direction either the sensor or accellerometers will pick up the speed, length of time, and direction travelled, and therefore can calculate the distance travelled in any direction.  If it knows the distance and direction travelled from the calibration point, it knows exactly where the controller is in 3D space.

MAYBE
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2006, 09:55:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Jensen

Originally posted by: VGrevolution

There can't be free control, because the controller doesn't sense enough information to know its precise location in 3d space.  It may be more "analog" than before, though.

Yeah but if that interview is to be believed (it looks like it is legitimate) they said it has 1:1 control.  I do remember hearing that 1:1 is possible but the biggest concern is how the AI will respond to it.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2006, 11:29:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo
I don't know about you guys, but I still think that the light coming through the bullet holes in the paper door looks f**king amazing.

I agree some scenes look gorgeous, and I think when the game comes out it will be little details like that, that make it a visual treat. This game will live or die on neat little things like that along with its artistic creativity. My only hope is that they get rid of that nasty looking angelesque aura going on with some guys that make them look pasted on the screen.  

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 28, 2006, 05:56:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Jensen

That amount of information isn't required for such things.  It doesn't need to know the controller moves from point A to point B to point C.  It needs to know the controller follows vector A, then vector B, then vector C.  My guess is the character will return the sword to a rest position automatically, so all the player has to do is tell him which way to swing, not where to swing.

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but from what I know of the Wii controller it CAN sense 3D position by interpretting data from from multiple sensors.  It'd be tough to program, I'm sure, but if the controller is calibrated in a certain position, every time it is moved, tilited, or turned in any direction either the sensor or accellerometers will pick up the speed, length of time, and direction travelled, and therefore can calculate the distance travelled in any direction.  If it knows the distance and direction travelled from the calibration point, it knows exactly where the controller is in 3D space.

MAYBE

I'm afraid that won't work because the accelerometers have an upper limit when it comes to measuring g-forces.  From what I read when the supplier made its official announcement, the limit is about 2 gs, which normal human activity exceeds several times a day.  The accelerometer could be used to figure out the direction and speed of the controller's movement, but if it accelerated too much, the accelerometer's readings would be incorrect, and therefore the calculations of speed and distance would be incorrect, and therefore the controller would be out of sync with its physical surroundings.  I know there's some speculation about using the positions of the infrared lights to work out the exact distance to the bar, but I find that implausible.  It would only solve the problem in one dimension, anyway.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #514 on: August 28, 2006, 08:06:50 AM »
Get off the subject, we know it works.

So far the only kind of swordplay we've seen is SLASH. BLOCK. SLASH. BLOCK.  which kinda disappoints me.

I would rather see the dagger DISCARDED and all blocking handled with the katana as one should really learn.  I want to see blocks achieved by minimal movements as well, such as raising & tilting the katana toward either shoulder to block diagonal attacks to your neck.

SLASH. BLOCK. SLASH. BLOCK. SLASH. BLOCK.  C'mon, that's way easier than DK Jungle Beat AND Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

If anything the dagger should be used to stab your opponent for a dirty kill when you're swords are locked together and you're face-to-face.

Or maybe you realize you suck and you kill yourself as a means of restarting the level.

Then Mr. Miyagi laughs at you.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #515 on: August 28, 2006, 09:06:23 AM »
Or maybe you realize you suck and you kill yourself as a means of restarting the level.

I think this is great.  Instead of being killed when your health is completely depleted, you commit Sepukka (sp).  

That would totally rule.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2006, 12:05:32 AM »
No load times? I'll drink to that..

In Red Steel there will be no loading times at all because of smart streaming techniques. How it’s handled in other Wii games we can’t say at the moment. But it’s a fact that Mario Strikers Charged will have loading times similar to the Gamecube version of the game. We were not told if that will be changed in the future. But we’re sure that it will work like on the Gamecube. And as you know the loading times on Gamecube - if they have existed at all - actually were not a big deal.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2006, 05:26:01 AM »
I'll drink to it two times!  I've been playing Burnout Revenge on 360 with my friend a lot and the load times are really bugging me.  Granted, the load times on Burnout 2 for GameCube aren't super-duper either, if I remember right, but it didn't seem this long.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »
Load times for Burnout 2 GC weren't any longer than a couple of seconds. The only load time offender I have is Turok Evolution. I was given this by a friend(Probabily in spite). It can clock in at serveral minutes or not at all. The best I have seen it do was 1 and a half minutes.

And yes I was insane enough to complete that game.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2006, 05:51:21 AM »
Man, I f-n hated playing through Turok Evo. I finally just put in a cheat to walk through the game to the finish. Every time you die, you have to wait and wait and wait. . . I felt kinda betrayed by the game. I supported the series through its N64 life and this pile of stink is what I get in return. Now we don't even get to see the next one on Wii.

Thanks for the memories. Now let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2006, 06:25:03 AM »
Well, at least in the case of the next one, it's because someone else is taking over - it's not like Beuna Vista or whoever it is owes Nintendo anything (well, I guess you could argue the franchise wouldn't be there for taking without Nintendo, but that's getting pretty indirect)

Thanks for the load time correction.  I have played some Cube games with bad load times...EA tends to be the biggest offender.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2006, 09:30:20 AM »

Originally posted by: bustin98
Man, I f-n hated playing through Turok Evo. I finally just put in a cheat to walk through the game to the finish. Every time you die, you have to wait and wait and wait. . . I felt kinda betrayed by the game. I supported the series through its N64 life and this pile of stink is what I get in return. Now we don't even get to see the next one on Wii.

Thanks for the memories. Now let the door hit you on your way out.
I agree 100%, I even thought it was a pretty decent game, but I could never finish it cause I couldn't wait for the damn game to load. You could seriously go make a sandwich during a reload of the exact same level that is already in memory. The load times on this game are completely unnacceptable.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 30, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »

Now we don't even get to see the next one on Wii.

From what I've read of the next one, it's gonna be stupid anyway.  They completely threw out nearly everything about Turok, and now it sounds like a generic space marine shooter only with dinosaurs.
GOREGASM!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 30, 2006, 12:45:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Smoke39

Now we don't even get to see the next one on Wii.

From what I've read of the next one, it's gonna be stupid anyway.  They completely threw out nearly everything about Turok, and now it sounds like a generic space marine shooter only with dinosaurs.

I'll probaly pick up the 360 one since I enjoy the series but I still think the first was the best. It had a perfect mix between dinos, mutants and people, the others started getting too far from the dinos.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2006, 01:07:05 PM »
They ruined the Turok series after the first game.  The first game was mostly dealing with dinosaurs every level, and humans.  But the series quickly went to where dinosaurs were secondary creatures to worry about.  

I don't want a new game until they bring Dinosaurs completely into the fore front of the series, and having the game feel like you are being hunted as much as the hunter.

I would say a descent story would be that something has been causing the animals to become more aggressive, savage, and worse more intelligent.  They are hunting in packs to take down prey, and are even forming interspecial packs for greater strength in numbers.  

Turok must discover what is behind these mutations and stop it before, the dinosaurs begin to take over the land.

You start fighting dinosaurs, as the levels progress the dinosaurs get smarter.  Then we are introduced to dinosaurs with cerebral weaponry attached to them.  (Weapons which can be activated by their thoughts)  Who would do this why?  

Finally this story would allow you fight several different types of dinosaurs at the same time and it make sense.  Think about it.  How would you take out a herd of Triceratops?  What if they had 6-10 Raptors scotting the area protecting them?

Since this game will not be made, I will not buy another Turok game.