Author Topic: FIRST REV SCREENSHOT SCANS!!!!!  (Read 127278 times)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2006, 03:46:48 AM »
The theme song will be done by Celine Dion done in complete Engrish to give that whole Japanese/American theme, entitled "The rife of a rone samurlai"  The single will make its debut a week before the launch of the Wii.  It is also told if you go to her official site a.k.a.

http://www.celinedion.com/

Located in the rolling text on the side is a hidden magic eye puzzle.  If you cross your eyes long enough the date of the Wii will appear to you.

Source: Mtvnews

I will find the link later

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Red Steel Topic, new details added!
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2006, 05:02:18 AM »
Think logically here, people. Ubisoft has gone to great lengths to ensure that Red Steel will be as authentic as possible when it comes to Japanese culture, even going so far as to study Japanese sword-fighting history and take over 1,000 pictures of modern Tokyo to get a feel for what the city in Red Steel should look like.

To maintain that Japanese authenticity, of course, the soundtrack to Red Steel will feature the drunken warblings of Japanese businessmen singing bad 80s karaoke.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2006, 06:00:30 AM »
Took right from Ign:

The team made also many researches about the occidental perception about Japan. They made two trips for that in August 05 and in March 06. In March the team's Artistic Director brought back about 7.000 pictures. The team also worked closely with our Japanese subs. And finally it made some research in the US. Two or three times it visited some Japanese quarters in the US cities in order to better understand some US perception of Japan.

Smashbrother is right they are really pouring ancient japanese history into this game.  I even hear a giant enemy crab might be running the japanese mafia.

All joking aside, 7,000 reference pictures and several trips to japan is not cheap to do, they want this game to look and feel authentic.  This game is supposed to be made in such a way that at the end of the Wii's life we should look at this game and still be amazed at how it pioneered gun and sword games.  Afterall, this will be the first game to use a FPSword with the Wii.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2006, 06:51:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
... hey mate, Red Steel has nothing to do with DS's failure to capture the Japanese market! I wasn't being sarcastic. I was one of the few really impressed with what I saw at E3, and it looks to be going in a different direction since then.

Wow....really?

You don't like the art style now? It's basically the same except now it's more surreal like.  Which is great! I'd rather see a more artistic approach rather than a realistic approach -- wouldn't you agree?

As for the sound track -- it would be really cool if they kept it reeaaaaaalllllllll traditional. I'm talking about tribal drums and singing gieshas. If they keep it traditional, it'll contrast the neo-Tokyo art style and theme effortlessly while still coming off as authentic.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2006, 07:29:04 AM »
Well, I prefer this to this, basically. More colourful, less serious, more... fun looking?

Actually, i'm getting a sort of Perfect Dark type of vibe from the new game screenshots, which could be a good thing. Still really hyped for it!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2006, 07:50:29 AM »
The first pic isn't in-game footage though...

So if you really wanted to compare, you'd have to compare this to this.

And although the new screen has a more realistic model, the background remains in the same style (which is great because the backgrounds are great).
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2006, 11:42:02 AM »
Sadly, that first pic (and the entire movie used to promote the game) were bullshot, as Penny-Arcade puts it.

I am still curious to see what the new style looks like in MOTION, as it could wind up making the game look much more like a realistic FPS than the old shiny, backlit style which Ubi always did.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Aussiedude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2006, 10:38:46 PM »
Ubisoft revealed that the development cost of its Wii launch title Red Steel is 10 million Euros (US$12.75 million), the game will have approximately 13 hours playtime. Wii is the cheapest to develop amongst the 3 next-gen consoles

Source
Will Wii Win?  

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2006, 04:33:48 AM »
That doesn't really seem that bad when you consider the amount of research they did.  That probably ate a good chunk of the budget.  Then the experimentation with the controller.  I would expect those costs to go down about 25% if the made a sequel or a similar game.

Edit:  On farther thought if Ubisoft's launch game do well they could make some of that up consulting for other companies helping with their Wii games.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2006, 06:58:20 AM »
all I know is that im going to buy this game unless it really, really blows. I want Ubi and other 3rd parties to see that Wii fans want awesome FPS's, and as long as it's somewhat decent they can have my money.
I'll shut up now...

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2006, 09:15:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Stimutacs Addict
all I know is that im going to buy this game unless it really, really blows. I want Ubi and other 3rd parties to see that Wii fans want awesome FPS's, and as long as it's somewhat decent they can have my money.

I feel the same, but I think the game will be great.

Ubi explained how they came to developing this game and it sounds like they poured a great deal of heart and imagination into it, as they expressed many times that they were actually excited to create it.

Under those circumstances, I've never seen a game come out awful, usually just the opposite.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 30, 2006, 11:17:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

I feel the same, but I think the game will be great.

Ubi explained how they came to developing this game and it sounds like they poured a great deal of heart and imagination into it, as they expressed many times that they were actually excited to create it.

Under those circumstances, I've never seen a game come out awful, usually just the opposite.

Who would have thought that Ubisoft, of all developers, would be a potential quality ally when it comes to 3rd party games!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »

I would love to see a sequel. Cuz, you know.......they'll have all the glitches and kinks worked out by then...
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2006, 07:31:04 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution Who would have thought that Ubisoft, of all developers, would be a potential quality ally when it comes to 3rd party games!

I said the same thing in a thread about the "Wii paradox" and how unlikely allies like Square and Ubi are showing up, companies which tend to operate by releasing tons of sequels which aren't very original, and yet they're embracing the Wii,.

Meanwhile, "creative" devs like Hideo Kojima and devs like Lucas Arts aren't doing much of anything for it despite the fact that legions of gamers could think of ideas for their franchises, easily.

It's weird like that.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2006, 07:58:39 AM »
The thing is, certain groups become famous for creativity, but I'd think just about anyone working in the game industry wants to be creative, and Wii offers the chance to let those creative juices flow.  It's maybe even a better chance for no-name developers than big-name guys like Kojima.  He can probably do just about any project he chooses.  On the other hand, Joe Blow game designer at Ubisoft may have a much better chance of selling a unique idea to the bean counters if it's for a new system that requires unique ideas.  Wii is resetting videogames, somewhat: big names will still sell, of course, but brand-new names may have a better chance on Wii than they do on a more traditional system.  So this is a developer's big chance to do something new, instead of working on the tenth iteration of some long-running series.

I'm going to throw this out there, without thinking too much about it, but I'll bet you'll find a lot more new franchises came out of Playstation and Nintendo 64 than the current generation of home consoles, and I think that's partially because they had this same, "we need new games to sell a new type of gaming" feel to them.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »
Your right to an extent.

Your right in the way that most videogamers will give new and emerging franchises a chance simply because of their good use of the wiimote.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2006, 08:55:08 AM »
Mario 64 being the best example of that: the game introduced and sold the concept of the analogue stick.

But yeah, there were many instances where the concept of 3D needed to be brought into the light and properly used. The same is true with the Wiimote, and it's a direction where Sony and MS aren't going.

How can making the graphics sharper or more realistic introduce new franchises which couldn't function with slightly blurrier graphics?

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2006, 03:28:57 PM »
Two new pics over at IGN.

Gamecube 1.5? Maybe, but it still looks pretty sweet to me.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »
HAHAHAHA

That dude's face in the first pic is HALARIOUS!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2006, 08:00:28 AM »
He's like Ron Howard's brother, but small-time Yakuza!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 17, 2006, 08:19:08 PM »
Not sure if you guys have looked at them or not, but IGN has some new gameplay pics of Red Steel. It appears to be shaping up quite nicely when it comes to visuals. There is also a new interview that is an interesting read as well, it looks like Ubi is really listening to the fans and I hope that translates into a great product.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/821/821973/imgs_1.html

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 17, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »
Some really nice screens there, hard to tell if any of them are real or not coming from UbiSoft though. Should be an ace game come launch, hope the environment can take a beating.

*Shoots glass on table, nothing happens*

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2006, 09:18:10 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Some really nice screens there, hard to tell if any of them are real or not coming from UbiSoft though. Should be an ace game come launch, hope the environment can take a beating.

*Shoots glass on table, nothing happens*

Lol, well personally I hope when you shoot a person something happens . If it gets that down I consider everything else to be a bonus hehe

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 23, 2006, 03:20:28 AM »
How about that new Red Steel trailer on IGN?

Fairly neat looking, and I really liked the music, I hope the game soundtrack is something like that...but something about Red Steel trailers makes all the guys playing the game look like psychopaths.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 23, 2006, 04:16:14 AM »
Less Person.  More Straight Footage.  This trailer would be a lot better if the did this like they did translators for the deaf.  Little PiP screen for the guy with the remote and big screen with game footage.  It kept switching right when I was oriented enough to correlate the movements.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.