Author Topic: Importing DS Lite  (Read 1928 times)

Offline AnyoneEB

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Importing DS Lite
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:51:07 AM »
I live in the US, but I am considering buying a Japanese DS Lite because, well, I want a blue one, and I'll be in the area. So, my question is, are there any problems with using a Japanese DS in the US? I know it is region-free (I have a UK GBA. Don't ask.), but do any of the online features only connect to Japanese servers or something? Not as important, but is the system interface language switchable to English?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Importing DS Lite
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 06:45:39 AM »
All DSs are the same, my Japanese DS has all the languages the European DS has. Lik-Sang added a piece of paper that described how to set the language.

Offline AnyoneEB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:53:18 AM »
Thank you. I just have to hope they are not sold out, then.

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 07:39:42 AM »
Remember, if you want to make use of your warrentee, you're going to have to send it back to Japan and deal with Nintendo Japan, not NOA.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 06:44:25 PM »
Well, that's not necessarly true cmoney. NOA will totally honor the warrantee of the Japanese NDS, at least thats what a NOA phone rep told me. But, if the DS has to be sent to Nintendo and can't be repaired at local Nintendo store, (dunno if these even exist these days... last time I had to deal with Nintendo for warrantee work was with my NES...) then it will have to be shipped off to Nintendo in Washington state.

And the Nintendo phone rep told me that they can't guarantee you'll get back your Navy Blue DS lite, since well Nintendo America only has the Polar White DS lite and Polar White casing.

Edit: So... yea NoA will honor the warrantee since you kinda might run into a language barrier and shipping would probably be expensive. But it does have its draw back as well.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude