Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216568 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2225 on: February 04, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
Interesting news for DC fans that also watch Arrow

Episode 16 = "Suicide Squad" and is a Diggle centric episode where he is saddled to the suicide squad for a mission

Episode 17 = "Birds of Prey" and it sounds like Canary, Huntress and "Oracle" cone together some how.

This show just keeps it moving. I've never been a big DC fan, so I'm not 100% familiar with the material, but this is probably my most anticipated show every week.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2226 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
Wow. They're really pulling out all the cannon for this show.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: February 04, 2014, 05:57:03 PM »
Forget this Bat VS Supes VS Justice League crap. I'm on the Arrow train. I see a lot of similarities between Batman and Arrow. Would be nice if they used the show as a ramp up to the movie. Could be a smooth way to do some universe building before the film releases.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 04, 2014, 06:22:33 PM »
I would kinda laugh if the movies don't do as good as they hoped, so then they start relying on the TV Arrowverse to pump the characters up so that the next movie does closer to projections.
Batfleck appearance in The Flash Series, stories of Superman saving metropolis on the news during Arrow. Wonder Woman suddenly on The Island during a flashback.
(please don't let that last one happen though. LOL)

I'm not sure if I want them to merge, but it would be awesome if they could, assuming the movies are any good... and the shows stay at a consistent quality or better than what they have been this season.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2229 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »
I might have to get on this Arrow train.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 04, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hints that he may be John "Green Lantern" Stewart.
 http://instagram.com/p/gy649Boh6c/

therock
Known this beast since he was 15. I was on the football field playing for Miami, he was leading the Hurricanes marching band as Drum Major. He spent years of working on my WWE story lines & Rock monologues. Then years of being on every movie set with me learning the film business from top to bottom. Today, he's one of the best and most sought after producers in Hollywood. Brilliant, relentless and one big motherf*cker! Proud of you brother & thank you for all the hard work. #ProducerHiram #TeamRock #JohnStewartCanStillWhupSupermansAss
http://batman-news.com/2014/02/04/dwayne-rock-johnson-green-lantern-batman-vs-superman/

Damn you Rock for making have to go into this movie wanting to not expect it to be horrible in the most entertaining way possible.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:33:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 04, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
The Black Cop from Law & Orders now plays The Black Cop on The Flash.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/jesse-l-martin-flash-pilot-cw/

Law & Order alum Jesse L. Martin is set to co-star opposite Grant Gustin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Martin will play Detective West, an honest, blue-collar cop who is a surrogate father to Allen. This is a familiar territory for Martin, who is probably best known for his nine-year stint as Detective Ed Green on NBC’s Law & Order. He had been approached for several pilots before choosing The Flash.

I've never been a big fan of The Flash, and I remember the TV show that aired back in the early 90's, but I'm really looking forward to this series thanks to Arrow.

They found Iris West, and she sure is purdy. Oh, and some guy named Vibe.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=93997
Deadline reveals that Candice Patton (The Game) has joined the cast of The CW's The Flash pilot. The series is set to debut this fall, and will feature a fully suited up Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) solving crimes in Central City as he attempts to uncover the truth behind the death of his mother. According to the site, Patton "will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry." Patton joins the recently cast Rick Cosnett (Detective Eddie Thawne) and Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow). How do you guys feel about this news? Sound off below!

UPDATE: Variety is reporting that Broadway’s Carlos Valdes is set to play, "mechanical engineering genius Cisco Ramon (DC Comics fans might know him better as Vibe)." That's all we know for now, while it's unclear whether or not there are any other major roles left to be cast. Barry Allen's father and his bosses at Central City PD certainly seem likely...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »

They keep it moving, and they are planning to continue mining the DC universe with no intents of showing down.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=94037#RrvE8pgSqHjAJByT.99

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 05, 2014, 03:11:27 PM »
Marvel better pray that Galactus eats planet Fox before the Fantastic Four are recreated in their image....
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fantastic-four-screen-tests-emmy-677249
There are screen test for Sue Storm and Ben Grimm, but this is what catches my eye the most:
Dr. Doom is said to be the villain of the reboot (the character appeared in Fox’s two previous movies and was played by Julian McMahon). The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision is hearing that the studio is likely to go for a big name and isn’t ruling out switching genders for the role.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2234 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
Damnit, Fox. Just stop while you're ahead.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »
No... keep it up Fox!  I still like my plan of Marvel saying "I don't know what this **** is, but it ain't the Fantastic Four.  We get the license back!"
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

ï»ż

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 06, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
Man I want Marvel to get Fantastic Four back so much. I typically find them to be boring when they're positioned as super hero team, but when they're explores off going into other universes and such its a pretty dang cool concept.

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c4s5zhzJ0I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Amazon has started the next wave of Pilot for their Pilot program. 10 pilots this time around and they all seem much better in Quality than the fourteen put outast year. 

Going to be interesting to see if they can replicate Netflixes and to a lesser extent Hulus success.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

ï»ż

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 06, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »
Hannibal Season 2 Trailer - Get Hyped Edition!!!

Spoilers a plenty in this trailer, but OMG so hyped for the new season to start.
The trailer is that good. I wish I didn't see it, but I'm glad I did.
Wish this was a Netflix show for mass consumption in one sitting (& yes, pun intended)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 06, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
Arrow 1 minute preview for the next episode in 3 weeks:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=358228554315183

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 06, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »

Since you obviously don't mind being spoiled a little, let me give you a little incentive to hop on this train. (All the most recent episode)

**SPOILERS** If you haven't watched last nights episode, turn back now.**SPOILERS**

Canary

+ Nyssa

= dayuuum!!!

Let me know if you need a little more convincing. I'm sure I dig up some good material from previous episodes too.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2240 on: February 06, 2014, 08:32:28 PM »
Well, gosh.

Let me clear my schedule. . .

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 08, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »
Detective Gordon cast for Fox's Gotham
Southland & The O.C. Veteran to lead the GCPD in this Batman Origins Series
http://tvline.com/2014/02/08/gotham-series-cast-ben-mckenzie-commissioner-gordon/
Welcome to Gotham, bitch!
Southland/O.C. vet Ben McKenzie will play the lead role of a young Commissioner Detective James Gordon in Fox’s upcoming Batman origin series, TVLine has learned.

Exec-produced and penned by The Mentalist‘s Bruno Heller, the one-hour drama promises to explore the origin stories of Commissioner Gordon and the DC Comics villains that made Gotham famous.
Last month at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Fox president Kevin Reilly confirmed that Gotham will also follow a young Bruce Wayne’s journey to becoming Batman.

“This is all of the classic Batman characters, with a young Bruce Wayne, the Penguin, the Riddler [and] how they came to be,” he explained. “What events led up to [someone] becoming Catwoman
. all with Gotham teetering on the edge.
“This is not some adjunct companion series,” he added. “This is the Batman franchise, just backing it up [in chronology].”

So this is going to be more Gotham Central that we originally thought. That's good to know.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2242 on: February 08, 2014, 11:42:35 PM »
Maybe DC should just stick to TV. . .

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 09, 2014, 12:32:46 AM »
Okay, I'm starting to get hyped for Gotham TV.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 09, 2014, 12:34:54 AM »
meh.  I guess it'll be better than Beware the Batman...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 09, 2014, 02:15:43 AM »
Here is more info on Gotham
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/foxs-gotham-is-a-batman-origin-story-and-will-have-a-christopher-nolan-esque-tone

Batman Origin, full Batman License for all characters and villains.

It could turn out pretty good.
Gotham on the brink of chaos, villains getting crazier and crazier, the limits of the law don't reach far enough, Batman was created out of necessity to operate outside of the law.

Let's hope they skip forward and this turns into Gotham Central sooner rather than later.

Edit: more details
http://www.slashfilm.com/gotham-adds-southland-star-ben-mckenzie-as-jim-gordon/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:08:02 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 09, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »
Everything is better than Beware the Batman. I have no idea what they are trying to go for in that show.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 09, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »
Green Lantern the Animated series without the charm. Despite that I liked a few ideas of Beware the Batman.

A but younger and gruffer Alfred
The young Bruce and Gordan dynamic.

But both of those ideas have been done better elsewhere.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 09, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
same link edited in above last night
 http://www.slashfilm.com/gotham-adds-southland-star-ben-mckenzie-as-jim-gordon/
In Gotham, Gordon is college football star and war hero turned rookie detective with the Gotham City Police Department. He’s idealistic “to the point of naivetĂ©,” driven by a desire to live up to the standards of a father he barely knew, but he’s also “brave, energetic, and honest,” with a keen intelligence and an alpha-male ambition.

Though Gotham centers around Gordon, it also serves as an origin story for the city itself and for its most famous residents. That includes Bruce Wayne, who’ll be a 12-year-old boy at the start of the series, as well as the Joker, the Riddler, the Penguin, and Catwoman are expected to appear.

The current plan is to end the series with Bruce putting on the famous cape and becoming Batman. As Fox president Kevin Reilly put it at the TCA winter press tour, “We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting.”

bolded is the part I don't like, I know it focuses on Gordon, but I hope they get some Batman in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:17:18 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 09, 2014, 01:57:54 PM »
How is the series going to focus on Gordon, in Gotham, but also follow Bruce Wayne as he travels around the world under assumed names training for his war on crime?

Also, how is this series going to tell the origin of a bunch of characters who are generally portrayed as going-tights as a response to Batman?

"Oh, the gimmicks might be different, but you'd all be out there in some form or another bringing misery to Gotham."