Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216640 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2125 on: January 10, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
He (Quicksilver) will also be in Avengers 2 along with Scarlet Witch.

They are mutants, but were Avengers first, so they slipped through the loophole.
I'm guessing FOX didn't have enough room or time to squeeze in Scarlet Witch too... otherwise why not. Quicksilver wasn't added until after Marvel announced they were using Quick and Scarlet in the next movie.

Hm.  Interesting.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 10, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »
Beast & Wolvie anyone?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 13, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/01/gotham-origin-stories-for-various.html

Gotham, the Detective( soon to be Commissioner) Gordon focused series, will apparently end like Smallville with Bruce dawning the cape.
Will also have origins for key Batman villains including The Joker.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:00:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 13, 2014, 05:20:24 PM »
But you need Bruce Wayne/Batman for the Jokers Origin to work. Even Zero Year got that right., by never showing who the leader of the red hood gang was and than throwing a wrench into who the joker was.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 13, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »
That was my first thought when I read that too.... but we also have no idea if this show is supposed to carry on as anything other than in it's own bubble.

Or maybe it will be The Joker before he became the Joker.
and maybe they will do this show how The CW couldn't do Smallville.
Maybe it will go from "Gotham: The Police Squad" the show about Dectective Gordan policing the city of Gotham. Near the end things get out of hand and this leads to the creation of Batman, which leads into the new show "Gotham: The Dark Knight", a show about Batman working just outside of the law, but with Commissioner Gordon to clean up Gotham.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: January 13, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »
and in other news. Man of Steel 2 news that is.

Rumor/Insider Speculation has it that Justice League will be filmed back to back w/ Man of Steel 2 aka Batman vs Superman, much like The Hobbit Trilogy, which would account for all these characters being cast.

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/batman-vs-superman-dcs-game-changer-casting-notes/
A trusted source says that the unnamed DC film that Dwayne Johnson will be working on in 2014 will, indeed, be a Justice League movie. That’s not all, though, because this has folks wondering how the JL movie can be underway in 2014, when WB/DC are in full-swing production of BvS. Well, the current thought amongst some insiders is that Batman vs Superman and Justice League are going to be shot back-to-back, ala The Hobbit films, the Pirates of The Caribbean sequels, and the latter two Matrix flicks.

Why?

- To maximize everyone’s schedules. Ben Affleck is a busy man, Henry Cavill is in-demand, and Johnson is a workaholic. Not to mention Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and the rest of the unannounced cast are no slouches either.
- Because Batman vs Superman is going to end with an insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League and, like those other back-to-back productions, they want to be able to deliver the second film within a year to strike while the iron is hot. Could this very aggressive approach be how DC intends to pull the rug right out from under rival Marvel Studios? Sure could be.

This would also explain the abundance of characters we keep hearing linked to BvS, and should also soothe the fears of folks that think it’s going to be too loaded a film. In essence, all this talk of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Flash, Green Lantern, etc might all just be leading to a single gigantic group cameo before the credits roll, starting a fever pitch of anticipation for Justice League in 2016.

As usual, take this with a grain of salt. It’s an idea that’s been formulated using a combination of insider information and good old fashioned speculation from folks who’ve been in the game a long, long time. Not to mention, the logic seems to pan out.

other news at the link states that Jason Momoa says he is not in the movie
and Josh Halloway (Lost) may be up for the role of Aquaman... but TV commitments may interfere with that.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 14, 2014, 01:31:19 AM »
Bah.  No Joker origin story ever.  I like him just being there.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 14, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »
and in other news. Man of Steel 2 news that is.

Rumor/Insider Speculation has it that Justice League will be filmed back to back w/ Man of Steel 2 aka Batman vs Superman, much like The Hobbit Trilogy, which would account for all these characters being cast.

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/batman-vs-superman-dcs-game-changer-casting-notes/
A trusted source says that the unnamed DC film that Dwayne Johnson will be working on in 2014 will, indeed, be a Justice League movie. That’s not all, though, because this has folks wondering how the JL movie can be underway in 2014, when WB/DC are in full-swing production of BvS. Well, the current thought amongst some insiders is that Batman vs Superman and Justice League are going to be shot back-to-back, ala The Hobbit films, the Pirates of The Caribbean sequels, and the latter two Matrix flicks.

Why?

- To maximize everyone’s schedules. Ben Affleck is a busy man, Henry Cavill is in-demand, and Johnson is a workaholic. Not to mention Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and the rest of the unannounced cast are no slouches either.
- Because Batman vs Superman is going to end with an insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League and, like those other back-to-back productions, they want to be able to deliver the second film within a year to strike while the iron is hot. Could this very aggressive approach be how DC intends to pull the rug right out from under rival Marvel Studios? Sure could be.

This would also explain the abundance of characters we keep hearing linked to BvS, and should also soothe the fears of folks that think it’s going to be too loaded a film. In essence, all this talk of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Flash, Green Lantern, etc might all just be leading to a single gigantic group cameo before the credits roll, starting a fever pitch of anticipation for Justice League in 2016.

As usual, take this with a grain of salt. It’s an idea that’s been formulated using a combination of insider information and good old fashioned speculation from folks who’ve been in the game a long, long time. Not to mention, the logic seems to pan out.

other news at the link states that Jason Momoa says he is not in the movie
and Josh Halloway (Lost) may be up for the role of Aquaman... but TV commitments may interfere with that.

I called it. They are pulling a Lord of the Rings. Best way to pull off what they want to do and catch up the DC-verse to where Marvel is in the shortest amount of time.

My wife will be devastated that Jason Momoa will not be in it. She is in love with him.

Origin story is OK by me, just don't make it a 'tragic' one where we are meant to sympathize with him. That is more where they can ruin the origin story. Original Burton Batman flick did it alright.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »
Prank Advertising at it's best once again (last time was for Carrie)

Devil's Due

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 14, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »

Origin story is OK by me, just don't make it a 'tragic' one where we are meant to sympathize with him. That is more where they can ruin the origin story. Original Burton Batman flick did it alright.

I dunno, man... I still don't like it.  I don't like the idea that Batman and the Joker have some kind of secret past together and I don't like the idea that Batman "created" the Joker.  I want my Joker to be some crazy loon who's just crazy for the sick **** of it and no other reason.  He's chaos.  You don't rationalize chaos.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2135 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
The Joker having a mysterious origin helps the character.  To most of Gotham's citizens, Batman came out of nowhere to fight crime.  To Batman, the Joker came out of nowhere, just to **** with him.  It's as if the universe had to create him just to balance out creating Batman.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 14, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
Agreed. I'm not a huge Batman fan, but having an origin story for The Joker would be full of disaster.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: January 15, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
I like The Jokers origin how it originally was intended.

You have this person who already had a persona and was already crazy which Batman actively trying to thwart.  Then in a botched attempt Batman manages to make him even Crazier.   Becoming one of Batman's greatest failures in what he is doing and he's going to have to live with it.

In the end we the readers know that Batman didn't really create Joker.  He was a loon well before Batman but, we still see Batman still not get that for a while.  The problem with most modern Jokers origins is that they no longer build the character because they feel he has enough depth as a character just being the Joker and doesn't need the depth the background gives.

In the Gordon series they could easily make the person who will be the Joker eventually a recurring villian.  It would fit the character and be interesting.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 15, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »

I wonder who else is going to be announced and still waiting to hear if this connects to the Arrowverse or not.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 17, 2014, 08:40:56 PM »
Supes vs Bats has been delayed to Fri May 6th 2016
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/superm-1201062720/

Warner Bros. has pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman” to the second quarter of this year and it will now be released on May 6, 2016.

The Peter Pan origin story “Pan” is being put in its place on July 17, 2015. “Superman-Batman” will now square against an unknown Marvel film which Marvel has still not announced yet.

The film is still in pre-production with Henry Cavill set to star alongside Affleck, and Zack Snyder is on to helm.

In a statement, Warners said the decision was made to “help fully realize the vision.” Warners is still casting the film including the main villain role which sources tell Variety is still in Joaquin Phoenix’s court.

There were far too many block busters in 2015 anyway, if you guys had seen the line of of movies to be released.

This marks another film to leave what was turning out to be a very crowded 2015 summer with “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″ and the new “Star Wars” each moving out of the frame.

[/size]
[/size]I think Jurrasic Park may have also moved to late 2015/sometime 2016 too
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:58:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: January 17, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
Wait, there is a new Jurassic Park coming soon? Was this discussed already and I forgot? Or is this that 'reimagining/reboot' that was alluded to a while ago. I'm hoping it keeps at least one or two of the original actors. Hoping it is a genuine sequel of some kind as I'm a bit burned out of reboots.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 17, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »
Jurrassic World is the new movie. Look it up.
They get the park up and running like a Disney Land, it takes place 20 years after the original (modern day today), a new type of dinosaur isn't with the program though, and all hell breaks loose. Those are the only details I remember at this point. other than Velociraptors are supposedly tames and so are the T-Rex's.

and more about Bats vs Supes
http://batman-news.com/2014/01/17/rumor-ben-affleck-injures-leg-batman-vs-superman-production-delayed/

Rumor: Supposedly someone broke the Batfleck and now production was halted for at least 6 weeks until he recovers, which pushes the movie into 2016 instead of late 2015.

but if that's not it, remember that the script was getting the "once over" by the Argo writer, and then ontop of that there was the rumor that they were going to do Justice League back2back, so it might be a script overhaul that is causing the delay.

and pushing into May 2016 puts it in direct competition with the following movies:
It will now bow on Mothers’ Day weekend and is playing chicken with Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse which comes only a week after. Talk about pushing a monster on your tail end. As it stands now, it will be Superman/Batman, X-Men the following weekend and followed quickly by The Amazing Spiderman 3 from Sony.

That's a helluva sandwich. But atleast they aren't going up against the Juggernaut Avengers 2.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:23:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 18, 2014, 02:43:19 PM »
Looks like Deathstroke finally makes an appearance in the next episode of Arrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXlGIc3MqY

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 18, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
Looks like Deathstroke finally makes an appearance in the next episode of Arrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXlGIc3MqY

Introducing Casey "Jason" Jones aka Deathstroke

Why is Wednesday so far away!?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 18, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
I don't know if this counts as "new"...

http://teamcoco.com/content/conans-twitpics/photo-76023

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: January 18, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
Jurrassic World is the new movie. Look it up.
They get the park up and running like a Disney Land, it takes place 20 years after the original (modern day today), a new type of dinosaur isn't with the program though, and all hell breaks loose. Those are the only details I remember at this point. other than Velociraptors are supposedly tames and so are the T-Rex's.

and more about Bats vs Supes
http://batman-news.com/2014/01/17/rumor-ben-affleck-injures-leg-batman-vs-superman-production-delayed/

Rumor: Supposedly someone broke the Batfleck and now production was halted for at least 6 weeks until he recovers, which pushes the movie into 2016 instead of late 2015.

but if that's not it, remember that the script was getting the "once over" by the Argo writer, and then ontop of that there was the rumor that they were going to do Justice League back2back, so it might be a script overhaul that is causing the delay.

and pushing into May 2016 puts it in direct competition with the following movies:
It will now bow on Mothers’ Day weekend and is playing chicken with Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse which comes only a week after. Talk about pushing a monster on your tail end. As it stands now, it will be Superman/Batman, X-Men the following weekend and followed quickly by The Amazing Spiderman 3 from Sony.

That's a helluva sandwich. But atleast they aren't going up against the Juggernaut Avengers 2.

Its probably both, its even more clear that they will probably shoot both movies at the same time since thats Warner's MO these days.

Plus when you look at the edict that Warner wants to push they probably have two low budget DC related films to try to push for next year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/spring-and-fall-the-new-slots-for-dc-entertainment-low-budget-superhero-films/

They'd end up being in the range of Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 18, 2014, 10:03:29 PM »
Its probably both, its even more clear that they will probably shoot both movies at the same time since thats Warner's MO these days.

Plus when you look at the edict that Warner wants to push they probably have two low budget DC related films to try to push for next year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/spring-and-fall-the-new-slots-for-dc-entertainment-low-budget-superhero-films/

They'd end up being in the range of Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk.

Can we really look forward to a Booster Gold, Lobo and Cyborg movie?
Now seeing how Deathstroke has already been handled on TV, do you really think we will get the movie? and do you think they will tie in the Arrowverse with the Goyerverse? It seems like a smart play, but depending on WB commitment to keeping the quality on the movie side, we don't want to drag Arrowverse down with the ship.

And tying them together might immediately slap handcuffs on Arrow's access since they would have to evaluate the long term role of all the characters and the actors playing them. Things could become very complicated very quickly and WB seems like it's already trying to sort a mess on it hands already.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 18, 2014, 10:51:13 PM »
They had better not ruin Arrowverse or else Christmas will be ruined in my house!

Nods to each other is OK for now, but they need to just worry about making each one a solid success before making it one huge tangled web. Marvel Universe was not built in a day and they need to be wise even while trying to play catchup to Marvel. Swift, smart and steady.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »
Lots of supposed tid bits regarding Bats vs Supes
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=93171

Joaquin Phoenix is close to being cast as Lex
Jason Momoa & Josh Halloway have parts in the movie
No post credits scenes, but short movies for other characters instead
Movies to end with cliff hangers
Batfleck injury is minor
WB/DC still undecided on back 2 back shooting of films
Superman will sport a new do
and last but not least, budgetary concerns regarding showing Wonder Woman's home or just referencing it.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 20, 2014, 03:03:37 AM »
I think this movie is trying to cram too much in too quickly. If not its going to be 3 hours, which is too long to sit through.