Author Topic: E3 2012 Predictions  (Read 113960 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2012 Predictions
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »
Power Rangers FTW.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
Of course the PS3 version is coming first -- it's listed to be released 1st quarter of 2013. But what you're suggesting is the equivalent of saying, "Why would Nintendo want to release a competing platformer like Donkey Kong Country Returns when it already has the established New Super Mario Bros. Wii?"

No. Give people choices. Life is more fun that way.

Cant really compare those type of genres. MMMos live and doe by their subscriber base and unlike Final Fantasy 14 Dragon Quest 10 os a mainline DQ game. That's a risky move and Dragon Quest doesn't have as many games as Final Fantasy meaning this has to be a success. The games announcment itsself caused SE's stock to drop and Dragon Quest is very popular in Japan. From a Profitability standpoint it makes no sense to have two big MMO's from the same company compete with each other. Choice has mo effect in the matter if it splits the userbase of both games right? Why do you think blizzard is just now working on another mmo.

Plus Nintendo has arguably exclusivity on Dragon Quest and Handles the marketing for the series in the west. And there is more money to be made on having The games exclusive by player base Imo.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Of course the PS3 version is coming first -- it's listed to be released 1st quarter of 2013. But what you're suggesting is the equivalent of saying, "Why would Nintendo want to release a competing platformer like Donkey Kong Country Returns when it already has the established New Super Mario Bros. Wii?"

No. Give people choices. Life is more fun that way.

Cant really compare those type of genres. MMMos live and doe by their subscriber base and unlike Final Fantasy 14 Dragon Quest 10 os a mainline DQ game. That's a risky move and Dragon Quest doesn't have as many games as Final Fantasy meaning this has to be a success. The games announcment itsself caused SE's stock to drop and Dragon Quest is very popular in Japan. From a Profitability standpoint it makes no sense to have two big MMO's from the same company compete with each other. Choice has mo effect in the matter if it splits the userbase of both games right? Why do you think blizzard is just now working on another mmo.

Plus Nintendo has arguably exclusivity on Dragon Quest and Handles the marketing for the series in the west. And there is more money to be made on having The games exclusive by player base Imo.
No, no, no, no, no. You can't say that. Illogical thinking.

Final Fantasy XIV is too a mainline FF game. It's IN THE TITLE. Derp. Just because it's online - which DQX is, TOO - doesn't mean it's not a mainline game. Was FFXI not a mainline FF title? Of course it was, and it was a fantastic one at that. And so what if it caused SE's stock to drop? The majority of stockholders are blithering idiots who've never touched a game controller in their lives. And yes, you CAN compare those differing genres because, honestly, it doesn't matter. A game genre is a game genre is a game genre. Did Nintendo screw themselves releasing DKCR and Kirby's Epic Yarn within the span of a couple months...even though they're both platformers?! Of course not. Both games sold decently well for being competing games in the same genre on the same system.

And Blizzard's only finally working on a new MMO because WoW is OLD. Old, man. Time for them to update everything.

Nice try, though.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
I like to step in on Blizzard Finally making a new MMO.  Their has been clear signs they've been working on a new MMO since Burning Crusades.  The problem being they do not have a franchise that could make that transition like Warcraft could.  There going to need to make a new property and then something that is just as appealing and addictive as WoW, but isn't WoW or Diablo on a mechanics level.  Think how long it took them to put out Diablo III or Starcraft II (Which I can see SCII, but Diablo III hasn't yet proven to me that it is more than a Diablo II expansion and warrant the time they took on it.)

They've been working on it a while, but its hard to make a New WoW.  Just ask Rift, Lord of the Ring, SWTOR, etc.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
Rayman Origin being kn the eshop the day of the conference along with many previous 3DS games.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »
I like to step in on Blizzard Finally making a new MMO.  Their has been clear signs they've been working on a new MMO since Burning Crusades.  The problem being they do not have a franchise that could make that transition like Warcraft could.  There going to need to make a new property and then something that is just as appealing and addictive as WoW, but isn't WoW or Diablo on a mechanics level.  Think how long it took them to put out Diablo III or Starcraft II (Which I can see SCII, but Diablo III hasn't yet proven to me that it is more than a Diablo II expansion and warrant the time they took on it.)

They've been working on it a while, but its hard to make a New WoW.  Just ask Rift, Lord of the Ring, SWTOR, etc.

A majority of WoW players are casual who had no prior exposure to the Warcraft series.

I think a Diablo MMO would be perfect.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2012, 11:45:40 PM »
I thought I would ask this here.  Where do you guys plan to watch E3?

I plan to watch it on Spike.  Bandwidth sucks.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2012, 12:50:28 AM »

I thought I would ask this here.  Where do you guys plan to watch E3?

I plan to watch it on Spike.  Bandwidth sucks.

Nintendo's conference:
http://e3.nintendo.com/

Sony's conference:
www.sceainvites.com

http://us.playstation.com/e3-2012/

Microsoft's conference:
Microsoft isn't advertising an E3 page on Xbox.com, but I did find this, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/E3 (but the page is from E3 2011)

PS: I used Google's "Screen Capture" extension for Chrome. I love all the extensions that Chrome has, too bad IE9 and Safari don't have as many.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:15:57 AM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »
Not a rumor, but I just watched the Game Trailers Top 10 anticipated E3 games, and WiiU was #1.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2012, 06:16:45 AM »
Not a prediction either.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:02 AM »
So all details about Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 console. Version wont be at E3. The Pc game however will.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/46535

Hoping SE does something cool as there line up looks pretty sparse I can only recall

Kingdom Hearts DReam Drop Distance
Heroes of ruin
Final Fantasy music game
Tomb Raider
Hitmwn

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »
So all details about Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 console. Version wont be at E3. The Pc game however will.

Hoping SE does something cool as there line up looks pretty sparse I can only recall

Heroes of ruin
Final Fantasy music game
Tomb Raider
Hitmwn

I find it weird that Square Enix owns Western IP like Hitman and Tomb Raider.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »

Heroes of ruin
Final Fantasy music game
Tomb Raider
Hitmwn

You read the Letter from the Producer incorrectly. FFXIV v2.0 will be there, just not the big CG trailer that everyone was expecting - and was listed in last year's PDF documents. Marketing for the game will begin at E3, as will the actual game for folks to try out. And shortly after E3's over, the v2.0 promotional site will be launched.

As was said in the letter, instead of a trickle of info at E3 (that being the trailer), we'll be getting an explosive amount of info.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned the PS3 version won't be at E3, but the PC will be! Sorry for that mistake!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:00:04 AM by Rachtman »
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »
If we consider Facebook (Zynga) games to be legit video games, then surely fan made Flash games are as well... What about all those webgames on random websites? They're all games right?

(sarcasm)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 28, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
What would you call them if not video games?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 28, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
What would you call them if not video games?

Enjoyable stress relievers and brain stimulaters?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2012, 03:34:33 PM »
interactive electrical situations
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
I loved on the Simpsons that time when Groundskeeper Willy thought Space Invaders wasn't a game.
is your sanity...

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »
I have the feeling that Epic Mickey 2 will make an appearance at this year's E3, at Nintendo or something else. It won't get the stage presence it got at E3 2010, but it'll be there as one of Wii's final games.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2012, 12:55:45 AM »
@Kytim89's prediction-fest: As for Sonic, I think Sega's sitting on rocky ground right now- I don't think they're going for a new game any time soon, and they stated that they haven't found a use for the Wii U controller in a Sonic game. There was a rumor last year about "Sonic Dimensions" but that proved to be false. I think Sega's reworking Sonic right now and it may be another year or so before we see him on a console again. Generations did just come out recently.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2012, 12:57:54 AM »
@Kytim89's prediction-fest: As for Sonic, I think Sega's sitting on rocky ground right now- I don't think they're going for a new game any time soon, and they stated that they haven't found a use for the Wii U controller in a Sonic game. There was a rumor last year about "Sonic Dimensions" but that proved to be false. I think Sega's reworking Sonic right now and it may be another year or so before we see him on a console again. Generations did just come out recently.

Sonic Chronicles 2 developed by Bioware for the 3DS.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2012, 01:05:31 AM »
Oh, well... yes, perhaps.

The first Chronicles was a mixed affair, at best.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »
they stated that they haven't found a use for the Wii U controller in a Sonic game.

They will cling to any excuse not to support Nintendo hardware. Another case in point would be how they wouldn't bring Generations to the Wii on the basis that the Wii doesn't support HD, as if a standard definition version of that game couldn't have been done. With the Wii U they no longer have that excuse, so they had to find another one.
is your sanity...

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2012, 01:09:45 AM »
But... Sonic Colors... was so good...