Author Topic: Final Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed  (Read 19525 times)

Offline alexosborn

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Final Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »

Cash in those coins while you still can!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39560/final-club-nintendo-rewards-revealed

Nintendo has revealed the final batch of Club Nintendo rewards that gamers can cash their coins in for before the service shuts down later this year.

Physical items include goodies like a retro Mario t-shirt, a Majora's Mask 3D messenger bag, and a few different poster sets. There are plenty of digital game offers, too. From retro titles like the original F-Zero to more recent releases including The Wonderful 101, there are a whole lot of different titles to choose from.

Be sure to redeem those coins by June 30, as Nintendo is shutting down the service at that time.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Final Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »
I'd love to, as soon as Iwata gets around to feeding the hamsters that apparently run Club Nintendo, the Virtual Console, and 3rd party relations.

It's kind of sad that Club Nintendo's only worthwhile rewards month is years is also its last, but there's definitely some great stuff in there.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
If you have the time and patience to do it you can do it. I just ordered the second version of the smash bros posters (I had to once I saw that Shulk is the center of attention on one of the posters and Mario is on the other while the duck hunt poster is just gravy) I kept trying over and over until it logged me in. Then once in I kept right clicking and opening a new tab until it actually opened the right page and then clicked order back (browser back button) order back order back until I clicked order and it worked. Yes it was a pain, but I couldn’t just wait around and have someone else get all of those and not me.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »
I've been trying all morning.  Got my puzzle ordered.  Can't get the new posters ordered.  Need to finish out some surveys for the trading cards... guh.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »
I like some of the rewards, although they are not as good as I was hoping. I am kicking myself for not ordering that Luigi statue when I had the chance. Silly me thought it was the start of a trend and decided to hold off for a game I liked more. I was hoping for a Zelda statue.

Thinking about ordering the messenger bag and Smash 2 poster set. Then a couple of games. I want Wonderful 101 but prefer disc games to digital. I might wait on the game until I see what the Platnium reward is. I would hate to waste coins on something they will give me for "free" later on.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »
Does anyone know when they are going to announce the platinum rewards?

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »

I think they said that'd be in April.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »
Unfortunately, whether or not Nintendo will have the Club Nintendo website up by then is anyone's guess.

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 05:07:04 PM »

I think they said that'd be in April.
Thanks. I just spent all my coins, but I hit platinum this year so I was just curious

Offline kokumaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 05:11:38 PM »
I've been trying to access the website for five hours. FIVE HOURS. Beyond pissed at this point.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »
I think I'll wait for the madness to settle before I try getting into the site.

Offline kokumaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 06:42:27 PM »
Seven hours. Club Nintendo is still completely inaccessible. This is absolute bullshit.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 06:48:28 PM »
I was awake when the rewards were updated, so I managed to cash in my coins on Dr. Luigi, Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 06:51:40 PM »
Sorry guys it only took me about 20min to get my posters. I did have to open about a hundred tabs and hit refresh and back over a hundred times each, but I got my posters before they sold out

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 06:55:39 PM »
I don't understand the rush to cash in coins for digital rewards that are available in unlimited quantity.  In fact, it makes far more sense to wait and see what Gold/Platinum rewards are going to be if you are only downloading digital games anyway.

Of course, for people interested in the (limited) physical goods I fully understand trying desperately to get into the Club Nintendo site before those are gone.
NNID: ejamer

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »
You have to "love" how apparently the only way to actually get any rewards today was to essentially DDOS attack a site that already falls over at the slightest hint at interest, ensuring that once again only the Ebay scalpers can get to any of the physical rewards. Nintendo, they competence is indeed boundless.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 07:12:46 PM »
I got a physical reward ordered through the site today.
I am not an eBay scalper.
Thus, your statement is incorrect.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »
I managed to pull an order off for one of the physical items this morning and they quoted me delivery of 2-4 months, implying they'll print what's ordered and that's it. So would everybody chill out already?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 08:17:30 PM »
You guys all need to get off club.nintendo.com so I can get my games.

Offline kokumaker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »
What ShyGuy said, god damn it. NINE hours, now, and I still can't through.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »
I thought for sure I was platinum already, I'm not even gold! Yikes!

Man I want those posters! I think I got every set for the last billion years and this set I want the most.

Will Bayonetta give me rewards? I purchased the game and I have no idea where I put it! I kept switching it out in the Smash Bros case and just completely misplaced the Bayonnetta 2 case.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
You have to "love" how apparently the only way to actually get any rewards today was to essentially DDOS attack a site that already falls over at the slightest hint at interest, ensuring that once again only the Ebay scalpers can get to any of the physical rewards. Nintendo, they competence is indeed boundless.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 08:36:36 PM »

The day that Nintendo shows it has even the slightest notion that they know what they're doing, I won't need to harp on them for their incompetence. It should not take me 12+ hours to access a goddamn website, especially when Nintendo knows that it's going to see high traffic on it and could allocate resources accordingly. But that's not how Nintendo operates. It requires effort.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 08:38:18 PM »
Yeah... My picture could be posted again to respond to your newest post, since it's basically the same argument only reworded differently.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 08:42:23 PM »
Yeah... My picture could be posted again to respond to your newest post, since it's basically the same argument only reworded differently.

Since when has redundancy stopped these forums?