Author Topic: Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread (for those who have the game tomorrow)  (Read 108201 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE: Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
Ceric you don't actually take bottles of hot spring to anyone over distances but instead have a special quest where you take a giant barrel of spring water.  I assume you are trying to ride with the water scooped from a spring.  I tried to do it twice then realized I would never make it.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2007, 03:20:58 PM »
I tried that hot springwater delivery thing a couple of times then got annoyed and gave up.

Where did you get the idea that that has anything to do with the cave of ordeals, Ceric?
GOREGASM!

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Twilight Princess Spoiler Discussion Thread
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »
You don't use a bottle (I tried that too, too many times).  Use the barrel, and follow the cliff.  Problem solved.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »
The edge of cliff is your best bet to not get hit by "leevers", also don't forget to snipe any flying or ground enemies that might be close by.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2007, 04:45:09 PM »
I like how I walked clean across the field without getting hit once...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
The edge of cliff is your best bet to not get hit by "leevers", also don't forget to snipe any flying or ground enemies that might be close by.

I might try that, but what's the point?  What do you gain by completing it?
GOREGASM!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2007, 06:58:25 PM »
I did the hot springwater thing at night and had absolutely no problem.  I don't know if I even saw an enemy.

Smoke39: Heart piece, I'm pretty sure
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
Oh, thrilling...
GOREGASM!

Offline Griffin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2007, 08:04:21 PM »
It also allows the Gorons to sell hot springwater in town, which you can then give to the Goron outside of the south entrance, who will then proceed to knock down the roadblock to south Hyrule field.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2007, 08:14:02 PM »
But by that time you can teleport, so another little shortcut is kinda useless.
GOREGASM!

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2007, 01:46:55 AM »
The point is completion.  You may not physically require all the Pieces Of Heart in this game but I collect them all to fully enjoy every Zelda game.

Okay, I'll admit it...I missed some in Minish Cap because of the Kinstones or whatever they're called.  :P  Still, typically, I don't see why you wouldn't get every Piece Of Heart in every Zelda game you play.

For all you non-completionists, why don't you feel the "itch" of an incomplete file?  (That reminds me, I have to finish Rollgoal.)  In Pieces Of Heart, especially, you can always see an incomplete Heart meter, so it's not like some pointless side-quest that you can pretend you did even if you really didn't, and it's rarely frustrating to get them all.  To me, it'd be like doing a jigsaw puzzle, and even if you can physically tell where the remaining two pieces are, you don't bother to put them in place.  o_0  Why not complete it?  WHY NOT???

Or am I just too obsessive-compulsive?

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2007, 02:43:47 AM »
I can be a completionist at times (I got everything in DK64) but less spare time plus more money for new games has killed my interest in completionism.  It would probably take me 20-30 hours to reach 100% in Twighlight Princess, and that equals about 1 month of play time for me.  Instead of spending that time combing every inch of Hyrule I could play through all of Excite Truck and probably half of Super Monkey Ball.

Super Mario Sunshine was the turning point for me.  When I realized that I had spent about 20 out of 40 hours scouring that game for Blue Coins, I quit.  I went back and completed it after getting my hands on a strategy guide, and I'll probably do the same for Twighlight Princess.  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2007, 02:48:44 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
The point is completion.  You may not physically require all the Pieces Of Heart in this game but I collect them all to fully enjoy every Zelda game.

Okay, I'll admit it...I missed some in Minish Cap because of the Kinstones or whatever they're called.  :P  Still, typically, I don't see why you wouldn't get every Piece Of Heart in every Zelda game you play.

For all you non-completionists, why don't you feel the "itch" of an incomplete file?  (That reminds me, I have to finish Rollgoal.)  In Pieces Of Heart, especially, you can always see an incomplete Heart meter, so it's not like some pointless side-quest that you can pretend you did even if you really didn't, and it's rarely frustrating to get them all.  To me, it'd be like doing a jigsaw puzzle, and even if you can physically tell where the remaining two pieces are, you don't bother to put them in place.  o_0  Why not complete it?  WHY NOT???

Or am I just too obsessive-compulsive?

If it's not fun, then it's quite simply a waste of time.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2007, 04:52:31 AM »
I'm a completionist. Just last night, I got all the skills for Jonathan and Charlotte in Portrait of Ruin even though I could've easily beaten the game days ago. I get the "itch" to a certain degree, but as Mario said, if it's not fun, why bother?

With Twilight Princess I found all the bugs then I got a wallet. For what? By the time I got it, I didn't need to buy a damn thing. I find that completing everything in a Zelda game is not fun, mostly because it entails collecting things. The Magic Armor side-quest was an entire waste of my life. It took so long and the Magic Armor was a complete failure of an item. I feel like I finished enough of the game to disregard fishing (which I despised), hunting the poes, and the roll-goal game. I'd rather just start the game over entirely.  

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2007, 04:56:46 AM »
I've got to say this game should have voice acting (just not for Link). Why? Because their mouths move and it makes no sense. It just looks silly.

And what's the deal with the midget kid (Malo?)? It looks like it's three for most of the game and then it opens Kakariko's first Walmart?!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2007, 05:34:17 AM »
Malo is just incredibly mature (and annoying) for his age...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2007, 06:56:25 AM »
I'm totally with Mario and Adrok regarding "completionism."

Random thought: Did anyone actually use the hawk's eye?  It was a cool idea, but I found it quite uselesss.

PS I loved Malo; I thought he was funny. X3  Try shooting him with the slingshot in the beginning of the game and watch his reaction. XD
GOREGASM!

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 05, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »
I could see myself getting too frustrated with Rollgoal that I would give up on it (though I at least want the Frog Lure), but something like Pieces of Heart?  Come on!  Again, it's probably just me, but since there's such a visible difference between not finding the Pieces Of Heart and finding them all, that spurs me on - and isn't it fun?  You don't think so?  o_0  At least with finding Pieces Of Heart you tend to do something different for each one, and I don't see what's so hard about bringing the barrel of springwater over that you'd give up on it.

Malo is weird, but not in a bad way.  I like a few odd characters (in my video games, anyway).

The Hawkeye seemed so useful when paired with the bow when you're at the Hidden Village, sniping those goblins or whatever they are, until it turned out to not be a total stealth mission after all and no one seems to care if you are seen by the last few.  You probably might not even need it at all there, despite the warning against being seen.  >_<

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
Ok heres what happened.

I found out that I needed to talk to the Goron outside of Malo Mart once the bridge was done.  So I did and he only told me the first half of what he is suppose to say.  I talked to him different times.  I was wondering if I did something wrong... Wrote the rant... Looked at a guide and did the exact same thing over again and this time he gives me the whole spiel and the water barrel.  Just to spite me I think.  Its glitches like that that makes me want to give this Zelda game only a 9.

Also I always heard the spring water stuff and like when anyone talked about the Cave of Ordeals.  Here I am at Hyrule Castle about to beat the game and I get the first mention in the WHOLE STINKING GAME of the Cave of Ordeals.  I'm assuming I was suppose to get that say a long long time ago.  But considering that I just found the Fishing hole could be part of it...

Also where is Rollgoal?

And just to show my coolness I hit that pole with an arrow before I bought the Hawkeye, in fact before I knew it existed.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 05, 2007, 07:31:07 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I also hit that pole on my first try before I knew of the Hawkeye.  :P

So have other people here.

Plus, I did something similar in Wii Sports: Golf, though accidentally...the ball hit near the top of the flagpole and dropped straight down into the hole.  :P

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »
Telma runs the bar in Castle town, and her cat is named "Louise".

Pap just caught that one...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2007, 07:45:31 AM »
OMG.

I didn't notice that 'til you mentioned it just now.  >_>  And my major is Film Studies.  >_<

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »
Just to show the non coolness of boht my younger brother and my roommate, they both HAD NO IDEA the hawkeye existed and spazzed out when they saw it on my file... especially since my roommate was ahead of me in the game and my brother had beaten the game by then.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 05, 2007, 08:29:43 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
I could see myself getting too frustrated with Rollgoal that I would give up on it (though I at least want the Frog Lure), but something like Pieces of Heart?  Come on!  Again, it's probably just me, but since there's such a visible difference between not finding the Pieces Of Heart and finding them all, that spurs me on - and isn't it fun?  You don't think so?  o_0  At least with finding Pieces Of Heart you tend to do something different for each one, and I don't see what's so hard about bringing the barrel of springwater over that you'd give up on it.

Malo is weird, but not in a bad way.  I like a few odd characters (in my video games, anyway).

The Hawkeye seemed so useful when paired with the bow when you're at the Hidden Village, sniping those goblins or whatever they are, until it turned out to not be a total stealth mission after all and no one seems to care if you are seen by the last few.  You probably might not even need it at all there, despite the warning against being seen.  >_<

I already found a bunch of heart pieces.  Some are fun, some aren't.  That so many of those chests lying around Hyrule just containing USELESS RUPEES kinda puts a damper on looking around really in-depth.

I sniped all of those guys easily before I even knew about the hawk eye.  Then I started killing the ones that were hiding in the buildings, did the stupid howling thing, then all of them reappeared when I was done with the howling thing, which pissed me off pretty hard. >:/
GOREGASM!

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 05, 2007, 10:46:56 AM »
It is definately possible to beeline the hot springwater quest.  You can put the barrel down to fight (just don't put it down in water for obvious reasons!)  I probably got it on the 15th run over the course of 5 days (I just tried every time I ended up in town)

It's also possible to easily hit the pole with an arrow without aid.  I'm not sure how hard it would be in the GCN version but the Wii remote aiming makes sharpshooting easy.... In fact Zelda should get a Wii remote >