Author Topic: It's official...Twilight Princess worst game of the CENTURY  (Read 8785 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
It's official...Twilight Princess worst game of the CENTURY
« on: November 11, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »
The ever so loved Joystiq has posted their concerns about Twilight Princess and after reading it I am worried about the overall game.

Why?

The color palette consists or dark shades of brown, you have to hit the button in order to read a sign and...the game has GC graphics...

Good...gravy. BROWN? They literally made the graphics look like crap! And hitting a button to read a sign????????? WHAT THE HELL IS NINTENDO THINKING?!?

Read the truth, IF YOU DARE...
Joystiq's Twilight Princess impressions

Ok all kidding aside, I know I've been posting Joystiq links in order to mock them, but this is perhaps the worst of them all. I mean, the guy is complaining that the game is flawed because you have to hit a button in order to read a sign, which is something that EVERY SINGLE GAME has been since the beginning of time.

If you didn't believe Joystiq was being awfully harsh towards the Wii and Nintendo, this may just do it...  
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline willie1234

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:It's official...Twilight Princess worst game of the CENTURY
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »
Joystiq has zero credibility after their midnight surprise fiasco.  Move along....

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 06:47:51 PM »
It is kinda true that signs should be legible from afar, but if a big federal case is made out of pressing a button, you know there's not much else to really nitpick.

In other words, the game must be really good if they want to complain and that's the best they can come up with.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: It's official...Twilight Princess worst game of the CENTURY
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 06:52:14 PM »
I wonder what they thought of Gears of War's color palette.
GOREGASM!

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 07:04:48 PM »
Hm, A Link to The Past must have been crap too.  The Dark World is a decidingly orangish/poop color, and you have to freaking lift up pots in order to break them.  Link's got a sword!

Offline Griffin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 07:10:01 PM »
Not to mention, as one of the posters said to this craptacular impression... the signs in every single 3-d Zelda (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me) has been illegible, because it's in HYLIAN in the first place.

Seriously... when you can't gripe about the controls aside from pressing a button... I'm glad I preordered it a week ago!
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 07:15:51 PM »
I REALLY think this is a joke. It must be.

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »
Heheh, good point Griffin.  So much for his little notion about "immersion".

I'm fairly sure he's trying to attract attention by doing the opposite of what other(and more professional) game critics do and give bad impressions on popular games.  Which creates "controversial" discussions and will drive more traffic to his website.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »
EDIT: Oops, confused them with another crappy website.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 08:13:21 PM »
They know making criticisms of the Wii and its games gets them attention, just like a child acting out.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
Yeah, I'd stop posting these, Pap.

We're giving them free hits which is all part of their evil plan, sadly.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 08:23:51 PM »
Pathetic, yet not surprising in the least...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »
::cue Mantidor to agree::

Anyway I was more interested in reading some of the, um, intellectually challenged posts from individuals who were actually taking this guy seriously. I do like how some said OOT was all cheery, now maybe I'm wrong but OOT was pretty drab and "brown" in its own right. Nothing was even close to cheery, especially Link as an adult.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
If you're going to visit Hyrule, at least have the courtesy to learn the customs, language, etc. Don't expect them to cater to every foreigner's whim; they have enough of their own problems with Gannon and world domination and all without a bunch of whiny English-speakers feeling left out.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 08:37:57 PM »
Heh, that was pretty good MJRx9000.

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 09:22:53 PM »
So this was written by the same guy who wrote about his roommate holding his dick in his hand?  This guy needs a second bitch slapping!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 10:10:59 PM »
Weren't these the people who originally complained about Wind Waker being too colorful and childish?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 11:50:33 PM »

Originally posted by: MJRx9000
If you're going to visit Hyrule, at least have the courtesy to learn the customs, language, etc. Don't expect them to cater to every foreigner's whim; they have enough of their own problems with Gannon and world domination and all without a bunch of whiny English-speakers feeling left out.

GANNON-BANNED  
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 12:50:28 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
but if a big federal case is made out of pressing a button, you know there's not much else to really nitpick.

In other words, the game must be really good if they want to complain and that's the best they can come up with.

I completely agree. If this is the best they can come up with then this game just might be the best ever.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 01:12:42 AM »
I found the brown terriable on the e3 demo, when i played it the other day at wii tour
I know what they mean

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 01:57:57 AM »
Man, good thing I was alerted of whole having to press a button to read a sign bullcrap. That's just pathetic, and shows the limitations of the Wii compared to PS3, 360 and even Wonderswan. Gonna cancel my Wii pre-order, throw my GC in the garbage bin and steer clear of this crap factory game.

Stupid rushed game, pressing buttons to read, pfft, what is this, 1956?

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 02:15:49 AM »
I thought the responses were funny.  Like this one:

I stopped reading at:

"Posted Nov 11th 2006 11:55PM by Vladimir Cole"

Obviously this Vladimir Cole is just trying to stir up some attention.  Apparently he lives in Philly, which would only take me about 10 minutes to drive to.  Hmmm...
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 03:07:34 AM »
So you guys don't find any of his points valid??

When I play a game I want the colors to flow and be an integral part of the game, and the signs should be readable from a far, I mean in this day of HD graphics signs should be big and bold, allowing you to read them as if you were walking through the game itself. Nintendo has said so much about the controller giving more immersion into a video games world than ever before, yet we have to press a button to read a sign, and the colors are going to make us puke instead of being distracted. I say shame on you Nintendo. shame on you. Don't let your fanboyism blind from these vital mistakes made by Nintendo, yes their the best at what they do, but this cannot be excused and you're all idiots if you can't see that.

actually you're only an idiot if you believe me (sowwy had to do it)  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 03:29:56 AM »
I like how he compared the sign reading to oblivion and yet you do press the A button in Oblivion to read the sign and sometimes that is annoying since some of the signs and letters are written in cursive and I rather read the sign in normal text rather than cursive lol there go his argument.  And I like it how quickly joystiq sort of made a rebuttal article lol.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 03:38:13 AM »
WW methinks wins most colorful and the darker setting fits the feel given for adult  link in OoT.
lol.  You can't read signs on an average sized HDTV HD programming without taking a fourth of the screen.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.