Author Topic: Never more excited?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline ShreddersDojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Never more excited?
« on: November 07, 2006, 04:09:36 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I was kind of ho hum about the DS launch, as I didn't think touch would bring a whole new lot, but it turned out to be a really fun little console, and now I avoid non DS games like the plauge, and hope they drop GBA all together.  So I'm really excited about the Wii launch next weekened.  

For those who have gotten to play it, how e asy was it to master without reading the instructions?  I'm thinking of practicing on Wii sports before I dive right into Budoki 2.
Plus, where are all the Star Wars games?  What a perfect excuse to come up with a FX Lightsaber controller .

Finally...this could also become  the best exercise tool for kids in years.  Come up with a cheap, but workable motion sensor suit.  When you move back and forth, the tennis player character does as well.  Use the nunchuck to serve, etc...

Later!

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
RE: Never more excited?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 04:55:51 AM »
12 days

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:18:15 AM »
I just had two nights of Wii dreams in a row...So frustrating! ;_;
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Never more excited?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:39:12 AM »
I don't know, maybe I'm all excited-ed out.

I'm looking forward to it, but until it's like a day before I'm having trouble staying pumped up, it's kind of wearying.  Plus I'm playing lots of DS games right now so I'm keeping busy, Nov. 19 will be here soon enough.

Hopefully I'll be enjoying my Wii so much, I may be too busy with it to post here after Nov. 19.  Though the day of, I imagine the forums will be full of people in the West waiting to hear what people in the East think, assuming any of them log in to post anything other than "Yay, I got one!"

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:22:42 AM »
I think we need to create a Wii thread where people rant and rave about the system... but instead of using their PCs, they should log in using the Wii and post it that way!
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 09:11:20 AM »
Can you believe it? Two and half years of speculation culminate on the 19th.. The name "Revolution" was revealed during May, 2004.. After all the rumours, the gyroscopes, the haptics, the advanced rumble, the -TONS, the PlanetChat sessions, the specs jargon, the hype, the revelations, the name change, the conferences and the arguments, it's finally here..  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 09:31:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion I just had two nights of Wii dreams in a row...So frustrating! ;_;

Yeah, I woke up thinking of the Wii a few days back, but last night I dreamt I knocked up an ex-girlfriend.

I'll have the Wii dreams back, thanks.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:13:04 AM »
I'm looking forward to it... but not quite at the edge of my seat or anything. I'm much, much more anticipating Brawl than the release of the system itself, that much I can say.

Looking back, I think I was more excited about the release of the Gamecube at the time, especially with Rogue Squadron being right at launch.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »
I was more excited during the Wiimote unveiling. Then I was bubbling over. Now I'm more like a constant broil.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 09:21:53 PM »
Let me put it this way I haven't been this excited for a system since N64 launched. I've grown kind of tired of the control pad/game interaction (don't get me wrong there are still great games, I just feel things are getting stale after using them since the N64 days), and I can't wait to try out a new way of playing games. Not to mention I'm a huge Zelda fan and I am anticipating Zelda TP for Wii more than any game in the last few years (Probaly the last two games I really anticipated were Zelda: Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 09:37:08 PM »
I'm doing so much goldarn work for PGC just trying to make sure we actually get to review Wii games that I had to sit and think today to realize that it's only a week and a half away.

I hope I actually get to play Zelda before I review it. Wait, scratch that, I already know I'm giving it a 6.5
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 05:06:17 AM »
6.5s for everybody!

I was more excited about N64, but this is up there.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX