Author Topic: Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 2.  (Read 13709 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 2.
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:31:42 AM »
The vehicles came back to the compound buzzing with enthusiasm. The children were chattering non-stop as they recounted everything they had seen and, of course, wanted to turn right around and do it again. Dr. Grant and Sadler seemed rather awed and shocked by it all. No doubt it was a realization of actually seeing all those bones and fossils come to life and being able to see their work in existence for the first time yet it also meant big changes on the horizon for their field of study. Even my lawyer had finally come around to my side realizing the mega money that could be reaped and was already working out plans of actions to keep me and this park protected from any litigation. The only negative person was Ian Malcolm. Oh, to be sure, he said he enjoyed the tour and it was a fine spectacle. However, he kept insisting that nature will find some path or course or whatnot that will send the park into some black abyss of horror. I took it as a load of rubbish and just his self-interest in promoting his work of chaos theory. I just took it in stride and reminded myself that there will always be those who look for the negatives no matter what you show them.

While the guests went off to their rooms or explore the main compound, I want to the command center to do a breakdown of the day’s tour to see what the techs had to say and see what we thought was working and what wasn’t. One of the concerns for something like this is that the customer wants to see every creature. However, of the 20 species we have, the tour was only able to glimpse 12 of them and the major attraction of the Tyrannasaurous Rex was one of the absentees. One thing that was discussed was putting out bait for the animals to come by and grab. Overall, everyone was quite pleased with the first tour and were eagerly anticipating to see how it went tomorrow when we finally did numerous day tours as we had first planned for the park to show. The only spot of trouble was a potential storm brewing in the east but it was too early to know which way the winds would blow it.

Really, the only spot of bad news to occur was when Robert Muldoon stopped by before supper to tell me that Shaymin, one of the park patrol men working under Muldoon, had died. Robert wasn’t exactly sure how it happened and there seemed to be a bit of confusion about the circumstances. From what I gathered, there had been some funny readings coming from pen 18 which housed our Ankylosaurus species. Techs weren’t sure if an animal had gotten caught or branch had fallen onto the fence but he was tasked with finding out the cause. He went alone which wasn’t unusual. However, what he discovered or what had caused this blip is still unknown. When Shaymin couldn’t be reached by radio and hadn’t reported back as scheduled, Robert went out to find him. He found the spot where Shaymin had parked and discovered him stuck to the electrical fence. He had been electrocuted to death. His gun lay at the bottom of the concrete barrier. It had been fired a couple times. There were no tracks around the area. No sign of blood. The ankylosaurus were uninjured when inspected. Muldoon said he’d keep investigating the matter. It was disappointing news to hear after such success I had enjoyed that day but I must admit, I didn’t really know this Shaymin very well. He was just one of the many townie workers I had employed so the loss didn’t shake me that much.

I will also confess that I felt very fulfilled that night and had one of the best sleeps I’d ever had in my life. My vision was nearly complete and I went to bed expecting an even bigger triumph the next day.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:58:41 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 2.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:31:55 AM »
Announcement Post

Dead:

Shaymin - Townie (Killed by vote)

The deadline for voting is Midnight EST.

Keeping sending in letters to your local congressman to get this game moved to the mafia forum.

That is all.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:41:35 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:35:20 AM »
Non character gaming post.

Ok, townies, perhaps we are lucky...or perhaps the Raptors are laying low...and the T-REX is not hungry yet.  But so far with no additional murders. 

So lets take some assumptions from this. 

1)Perhaps the T-Rex and Godfather did not know the game started and didn't play day one.  That means we could be looking for someone that didn't vote or even log into NWR today.  So perhaps some investigating could help us with that.

2) The above assumption does not mean all those that voted or logged in were townies.  Remember only the Godfather can make a hit, so if he didn't log on then other Raptors could have.  The vote is a hard thing to predict and analyze and I would say day one it is darn near impossible.

3) I could be wrong on both of these assumptions and the Mafia is playing us...

Anyway, I am pretty sure the players that were almost voted out are townies.  So I believe Stratos is most likely a townie. 

That is not a 100% but it is my gut feeling. 

Finally, why am I putting my game and thoughts so public on the board?  Because you never know when you are going to die.  Right now I am alive, and since Day 2 thread is open, I want my thoughts out there...before I possibly die and can't influence the game anymore. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:40:58 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:40:21 AM »
Ok, I just read the rules again and saw Ninja votes are not allowed this game. 
Ninja votes are if vote for someone and then edit your post and change it.  I did that first day...so for the record my original first day vote was:  Toruresu...until I changed it.

I like the no Ninja voting rule, so please remember you must unbold and edit your post to read unvote and bold a new vote.

Sorry for messing up. 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:46:43 AM »
It's ok. The rule is more to try and prevent players from having two bolded votes or making other mistakes if they want to change their vote.

As for night actions, if I don't mention any in the announcements or story, that is because I have nothing to announce. You can read into that as you wish but the only clue you get is that I had nothing to announce.

Finally, what is the proper font and size for text in these forums? Because I can not get my story post formatted right.

EDIT: I got it fixed. Yay me.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:59:31 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
I need a character! Also, I won't be back for about 12 hours. I will be participating, I'm not one of those crazy lazy people who sign up and don't do anything. Sorry for missing the first day!

Edit: Make that 14 hours. Still, hours.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 06:04:31 AM »
hmmm…player that missed day one…that guy. 

However, he did mention it and revealed that fact. 

I say put him on a watch list…but he is probably townie…but I am still pushing my theory that 2 roles forgot today was the start…so we need to find those players.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:51:16 AM »
Doctor may have blocked one hit. But we likely have two players that missed out last night. And I hate trying to weed out those users.

And unfortunately for this game, we have quite a few. From Day 1, Insano, Perm, Stogi, Stevey, and Thatguy did not check in. And out of those five, so far only Thatguy has made an appearance.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 09:06:10 AM »
Do have a character list so far?  I wasn't sure if the doctor role was added or not.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 09:25:05 AM »
First of all, thanks for the organizers of this Mafia game. I found the first one I played in a lot of fun, and i'm really enjoying it this time as well. 

Spak-Spang is either hypothesizing in the open because he's taking a risk in hoping it'll bring strategized votes or by casting doubt in his potential raptor-ness.

I'll refrain from voting for now until I have time to think on it.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
When I was kid, I wanted to be James Brown. Now I'm the head of security at a real-life dinosaur park. You'd think James would be jealous, but all I do is yell at a fat bastard who eats donuts over his computer. The system works Hammond! Let's feed him to the T-Rex!

Ugh...well I guess James had to watch Al Sharpton eat.

Wait so.......Khush do we know if the doctor saved someone or did the GF simply miss a hit? Cuz that's a crucial piece of evidence. Like I always say, "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
If the doctor prevents a death whether from the vote or from the mafia, it will be noted in the announcements and story.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »
Do have a character list so far?  I wasn't sure if the doctor role was added or not.

As posted in yesterday's thread:

It occurs to me, I should mention that there are 4 mafia members altogether. As well, I've defined the doctor role in the sign-up thread if you need the details on it. I was expecting to be in the mafia forum at this point where I would make up a players and roles thread. I've contacted Megabyte about getting stuff moved over but haven't heard back. Anyone else have any suggestions of who else we need to pester to get us moved to the correct forum?

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 12:23:56 PM »
What the heck?! *looking at the computer monitor, guard missing/dead*

This can't be... Mr. Hammond said the island was secured!

*runs to the security door on his lab and locks it*

I wonder if it's a rival company...spies maybe...they want my work!

Vote Mopitup (placeholder/random vote, I still heart you Mopitup!)

Edit: Trying to fix the bold!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:42:36 PM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
Sorry Shaymin, I did what I had to do to survive.

Stevie, Perm and Insano are notorious for always being late to the party. It is also a typical mafia move to lay low for the first half of the game. Let's pick one of them and see where it goes.

How about we try to vote out Insano and see if they gets his attention to get the threads moved to the mafia board?

For now I want to Vote lolmonade. He did join the first bandwagon. Granted, it could be a personal thing because he did vote against me, but I think it is enough of a lead to start things off.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:38:48 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
It certainly wasn't anything personal, Stratos.  I just saw a three-way tie at the time, and wanted to try to push a vote that would break the tie to see discussions move forward. You were the first name voted on by Mop-it-up at the time, that's all.

I guess I'll have to Vote Stratos again for the sake of self-preservation, although I'm willing to make a more productive vote if the guns towards me are lowered.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
If the doctor prevents a death whether from the vote or from the mafia, it will be noted in the announcements and story.
(However the Doctor is busy picking up random girls off london streets in his time travelling police box so we can rule him out.)
I think ahh we uh ha-have more i-important things to worry ah about then ah your uh health I-insurance ...
Still uh no le-leads vote uh lucariofan99 for uh now
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:04:38 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 05:20:26 PM »
I woke up bright and early.  I look around my hotel room.  Breakfast starts in 30 minutes.  I put on some dirty clothes and go down to eat.  I rather like to eat these buffets alone, the crowds of breakfasting tourists are annoying.

It turns out I did not need to worry.  The dining room was mostly empty, and there was no buffet.  I sat down and a chef not a waiter came and apologized.  I am sorry, we don't have any waiters this weekend.  What would you like for breakfast?

I replied, "The special and coffee please."

To my surprise I got a lovely full country breakfast.  2 eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, 2 pancakes, organic maple syrup and organic jams.  Truly a lovely breakfast, and spared no expense. 

The dining room was still pretty empty.  My chef sat down to talk to me. 

"The food here is 100% organic.  I have never seen anyone willing to spend so much money on the ingredients.  Anyway, have you seen them yet?  The dinosaurs?"

"No not yet.  I can't wait to see the technology behind them.  Robotics always fascinates me."

"Robots?  No, these are real.  Hammond's been cloning and breeding real dinosaurs.  This is real."

I couldn't believe the chef believed in real dinosaurs.  But I just smiled and amused him my questions.  I tried to remember what my friends specialty was in…I was drawing a blank.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  I was scheduled to be a part of a tour after lunch. 

I finished breakfast and went back into my room.  Housekeeping had already cleaned my room, and to my surprise I had an itinerary note on my bed.

Good Morning Mr. New,

You are scheduled to have a tour around 1pm today.  We hope you enjoyed your first evening at Jurassic Park. 
Since this is an advanced tour many of the coming attractions are not available at this time.  Jurassic Fun Land Thrill park will be opening later this year.  The Visitors Center will also not be opening for guests until tomorrow.  Sorry, for the inconvenience.  However, our Jurassic Springs Spa is fully operational.  If you would like to spend your morning in the relaxing hot springs of the Jurassic era, please follow these….

I threw the note on the nightstand.  I have work I could be doing, so I can just stay in for the morning. 

unVote: Stogi

UnVote: Silenced.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:45:13 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »
EDIT:

Unlike Spak, I feel it unwise to keep my thoughts in the daily threads. Don't know who or what could be lurking around the corner.

*Puffs a stogie*

VOTE NICKMITCH
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:39:46 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
So many weird actions, oh my head is spinning. No hits, a couple people finally showing up, so many scattered votes...

I s'pose I'll see if I can get some activity out of the other few missing people.

Vote ThePerm
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:46:41 PM by Mop it up »

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
So many scattered votes today.

I'm personally wondering whether we should focus our efforts in finding out which of the inactive players could have dropped the ball last night in regards to the mafia hit. I remember a long time ago, during the superhero game, that Vudu was gone the entire game, and turned out the be the most important role that could have won the game much earlier.

I'm still thinking, but for now, I shall Vote Insanolord.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:06:17 PM by jrlibrarian »
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
What is this chaos? What am I paying you people for?

Yikes, it's a disaster. And a disaster means that I won't be making my millions. That, my friends, is NOT good.

Personally, I have no vote. I believe the no-kills of the night is due to inactivity, and I'd rather not play the typical Mafia-battleship game of taking them out one by one.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »
I picked my character. I still haven't caught up on all the posts, though. Regardless, there are two things I believe when it comes to mafia and being a townie:

First, the vote is where the townies have a choice. They have power to affect the outcome. The odds of the killer killing the killer are 0/N where N is the number of players in the game in normal situations. The odds of the mafia killing a mafia member are 0/N in the same scenario. The odds of the townies voting out the killer or the mafia are significantly higher, obviously. Throwing away the townie vote by having no vote is just the best way to ensure the townies will lose.

The second thing I believe is that inactive townies get used by the mafia as cannon-fodder in votes. I know the mafia godfather didn't make the hit. I know the killer made the same choice. I've been told the killer can store hits for later use, but I haven't actually read the rules yet. (OH NO!) In whatever case, it isn't a safe bet to say the killer is inactive. I've also always recalled the mafia game where Khush won as mafia by sending in all the hits before the game started, and then he never logged in. It's a strategy, and we should keep an eye out on players who avoided participating the first day, myself included, but the players who are involved are definite suspects.

Anyway, I'm targeting someone based on point #1 above. UN-Vote Silenced. I hate the idea of a no-vote. I don't like 'em. He's not voting. In my mind, someone who abstains from voting intentionally either wants to be blameless or is dead weight as a townie, so yeah.

Also, I'm the most evil counterfeit can of Barbasol in the world, baby!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Thatguy makes valid points.  And he doesn't make blanket statements like inactivity is innocence.

I do believe that mafia is hiding on inactive...but also Silenced is interesting.  Why no vote?

Voting is the ONLY chance townies have.  The Killer could kill Mafia with a hit.  It is possible.  However, unlikely early in the game.  It is also important for mafia to hit early in the game and dwindle the townies numbers before an the Detective can create a strong team.  Each day the Detective has to find new people the stronger the allies are.

I still say the clues are in the inactivity first day...but I do believe mafia raptors did vote yesterday. 

I will take risk with thatguy and change my vote for now.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 07:45:42 PM »
I cannot argue your theory. I have no read on any townie, and any vote I make would be a useless throwaway. No one really sticks out to me as guilty. If I had to make a choice, it would be lolmonade and other users that are posting only once or twice.

I will admit that I've been acting shifty, but being a director causes you to be that way.