Author Topic: Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 1.  (Read 10966 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 1.
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:58:59 AM »
Disbelief is always the first reaction. So it was no surprise to me that when my guests had finally arrived and I gathered them together and told them the purpose of Isla Nublar that skepticism and disbelief were what I was faced with. Of course, to tell anybody in this day and age that one has an island filled with actual living prehistorical life is cause to make people question the sanity of any person who would make so bold a claim as that. And yet, I can also see in people's faces a war of emotions. No sooner have they expressed that such a thing is impossible when you can suddenly see in their eyes, a hope and desire for it to be true. Curiosity to see if what I'm telling them is true.

Of course, it was all true. I'd been working for 5 years on this project. I could finally see the point of completion. The geneticists had practically finished their coding of 20 different species of which we could now produce without any defects at any time to keep replenishing the park. Enclosures had been tested and carefully monitored with the release of every new species. The park was now fully laid and every species was in their enclosure and had been living in their habitat for months to years in a few cases. At this point, it was now more a matter of esthetics. Setting up other attractions throughout the park. Getting the right décor or nailing down a supply schedule. Our computer systems were all in order but care was being taken to make sure there were no glitches in the machine. That the code was perfect. It had all been running smoothly for a long time now and I expected it to stay that way.

Just because I expected it, that doesn't mean I wasn't nervous. But I was fearful in not wanting to disappoint. I wanted to wow these people. From the cynics like my lawyer and Dr. Malcolm and those that were as familiar as you could be with such subjects like Dr. Grant and Dr. Saddler. Then, of course, there were my two grandchildren, Tim and Lex. They were my true demographic and were the ones I most wanted to get feedback from.

As I watched them head off in the automatically driven jeeps that toured the park, I had smiled and waved to them, wondering how all my years of sweat and toil would now be received. I did not expect the disaster that was about to play out.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:58:08 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LVIX: Jurassic Park. Day 1.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:04:40 AM »
Announcements thread:

Game has begun. All roles have been sent out.

All townies have received the same message. It is: You are a townie. If someone tries to compare role messages, you can thwart them this way very easily.

There is no voting requirement. It is up to you to decide how active you want to be and for the other players to call each other out.

Day will end at Midnight EST. Following that, there will be a 30 minute window for night actions to come my way. At that point, I will begin posting the next day and moving on. Of course, players are free to send me their actions whether day or night at any time and as far ahead as they want including days ahead if they then want to lie low and make themselves seem less suspicious by not being around when actions are occurring.

If you have any questions about the rules or your role, please feel free to send me a PM on the matter.

I'm trying to get the moderator ability for the Mafia forum and to get these threads moved their but in the meantime, we can start in the funhouse.

Game on!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:19:13 AM »
I was amazed to have received one of the "golden" invitations to see the park opening, before the park began going into full production and media mode.

I can thank my friend Dr. Clark for the opportunity.  It seems Mr. Hammond allowed his top scientists to invite guests to his event.  After some extremely vague nondisclosure agreements, I was taken via helicopter to the island.  As I approached I couldn't believe the beauty of the island, and truly felt like a royal guest or is that royal adventurer.  The park and its theme still laid a mystery for me…but I knew I was in for something special.  After all, you don't buy an island if you only making Disney World.  No, this was something totally unimaginable…and as such I couldn't even begin to dream what this trip would mean to me.

Placed holder vote below, because time zones suck.

Vote: Shaymin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:48:08 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Four years ago I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse. In my field of work, one simply does not leave everything behind,  but I did. I admit, my previous job was a joke. Maping the DNA of frogs?! Why would anyone need this?! But as a scientist,I just was just curious! Then, Mr. Hammond called, and what a ride this has been! I'm mmwriting this book, my memoirs, because the fruits of our labor are about to be revealed! I'm thrilled and excited! I can't wait for my family to visit the park!

No vote yet, will log in later to do so.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
Do we all have to make up story bits?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
Nope. But since the beginning that we've had these games, there have been players that like to get in character and roleplay in the setting and theme given. It usually falls apart after a couple days but it adds a charm to the games. No obligation for anyone to do so but I do think it has sometimes helped a player from getting killed sooner if other players find it enjoyable. Only real benefit I can think of.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
Steven Spielberg here. Welcome to MY world.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
Upon landing on the island.  I met my friend Dr. Clark.  "You are looking good, what has it been 4 years now?" 

"Yeah, 4 years I haven't been able to get off this island.  Luckily, don't have a family like some of the other guys.  I'm sorry, but we have to hurry.  Some REAL big shots are coming.  I am supposed to pick you up and bring you to your room. You will be able to join in the second tour, but for legal reasons, the first tour is for inspection purposes."

As we road to my hotel room.  I noticed the clean air, and beautiful island.  I had never seen such a perfect place as this.    Then I heard it, a deep echoing roar that was completely alien to my ears, and yet familiar to me somehow.

"What was that?" 

"Oh, that was a dinosaur….Steven, welcome to the island of Jurassic Park."

The cars stopped in front of a large museum visitor center, I was impressed by the detail and expense everywhere.  Mr. Hammond had created a robot zoo and has made it incredibly convincing.  I had no idea our robotics industry had advanced this far. 

I was walked to my room, and I waited with anticipation.  Tomorrow was going to be exciting.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »
Steven Spielberg here. Welcome to MY world.

Glad you're here Steven. Micheal wants to kill me off in his book but I'm hoping you'll let me live in your movie. What do you say?

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »
We'll have to ask the polls, but an older man in a survival series generally makes it pretty far. No guarantees, however.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 06:06:41 PM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting some role-playing to be going on. This should be entertaining.

Vote Stratos

I miss this...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:55:49 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »
can we feed the Dino's?
Made you look ****.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
I might be tempted to write you off in such a scenario.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »
can we shoot them?
Made you look ****.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »
*looks through the cameras at the people coming in*

*thinks to himself* Who are these people? none of them are the media? Who is going to interview me? Dr. Toruresu, the genius that unlocked frog DNA?

Vote Spak-Spang (just because you voted for me and I'm not sure I'll be home by the cut off. Also, I'm a background geneticist :P: )
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »
Toruresu:  Not a bad vote.  A wrong vote...but not bad.

Mr. Spielberg, I need to talk to you about potential continuity problems in your storyboards.  Please explain to me, how the T-Rex crossed over the giant security ditch to break down the fence.  I feel you believe an unexciting and pointless tree escape race will be the perfect conclusion to a riveting and frightening scene of a T-Rex attack.  It isn't.  Please remove that scene from the storyboards, and just have the kids escape on a raft and have the T-Rex implied to be stalking them from the shore.  You know like Michael Crichton originally wrote.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »
I'm afraid you'e stumbled uopn one of the great secrets of the park. The vehicles don't actually move. It is the whole island and enclosures that move giving you the illusion the vehicles are travelling. Thus, when the attack ends, the enclosures had kept moving to a cliffside point. But you are all talking as if there has been some big disaster. Nothing has gone wrong right now. Everybody's enjoying the tour, right?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »
No, No.  Mr. Hammond.  Nothing is wrong with your park.  But I am afraid Mr. Spielberg may have alternative motives for being here.  I heard rumors that he bought the rights to a similar story written some time ago about dinosaurs and amusement parks.  He is here to observe and I am sure steal park layouts and trade secrets to make his movie more authentic.  Please do not give him access to your computer room.  I would hate to imagine what he MIGHT do to gain more authentic research for his movie.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 07:48:42 PM »
I almost forgot this was starting today.  I'm not good at the whole RP thing, so I guess I'll just start by tipping the vote towards someone.  That way we can start to see the votes not be as scattered.

Vote Stratos

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 09:32:54 PM »
Sorry I'm late. Thought we started on the 5th. Plus I kept looking in the Mafia forum for the threads to appear there.

Crikey! Just lookit the size of this here island! And the creatures! Ain't they beautiful!

And over there! That pink one with the enlarged, round snout and the obsession with colored bows! One of the deadliest creatures known to man!...let's go poke it with a stick!

Vote Mopitup
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:54:02 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »
Hold onto your butts... I'm voting Stratos for being too dumb to live.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »
I will admit that I do have the ulterior motive of making a series of sequels that ultimately will not be up to par with the first movie, but I'll still be making money. Tell anyone this secret and I will write you off. You have my word.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »
It occurs to me, I should mention that there are 4 mafia members altogether. As well, I've defined the doctor role in the sign-up thread if you need the details on it. I was expecting to be in the mafia forum at this point where I would make up a players and roles thread. I've contacted Megabyte about getting stuff moved over but haven't heard back. Anyone else have any suggestions of who else we need to pester to get us moved to the correct forum?

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
Sorry I'm late. Thought we started on the 5th. Plus I kept looking in the Mafia forum for the threads to appear there.

Crikey! Just lookit the size of this here island! And the creatures! Ain't they beautiful!

And over there! That pink one with the enlarged, round snout and the obsession with colored bows! One of the deadliest creatures known to man!...let's go poke it with a stick!

Vote Mopitup
are u an acyually aussie or just roleplaying? Because no one says "crikey".
Made you look ****.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 10:21:47 PM »
Has Insanolord been around? He's the community manager of the forum, and I'm pretty sure he's also an admin with the ability to make a member a moderator of a forum.