Author Topic: Billy Hatcher high-res commercial cature  (Read 5505 times)

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Billy Hatcher high-res commercial cature
« on: September 25, 2003, 02:00:31 PM »
I captured the 15 second spot for Billy Hatcher.  Missed the first couple seconds because I didn't realize what it was.  But those first 2 seconds are the same from the video recently released by SEGA with him jumping on rocks.  Download away.  It is about 5.8 MB.

Commercial  

I realize that it might have been hard do to a commercial for this game.  But they should have been able to make something better than this.  I hope this was SEGA's advertising goof, and not Nintendo's.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Billy Hatcher high-res commercial capture
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 05:45:41 PM »
Thanks Berto, downloading now.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 06:46:01 PM »
Boy plays with huevos!

BANZAI!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 07:40:21 PM »
Is there only 1 commercial out for this game, the short 15 second one?  They sure aren't advertising this game much, not like SCII and F-Zero.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 08:01:53 PM »
Christ, I don't believe you people.  First you complain that Nintendo advertises too little gameplay footage.  Then you complain about the quality of the advertising.  Is nothing good enough?

The advertisment shows plenty of in game footage of Billy Hatcher, and that's good enough for me.  I thought it was a good commercial.  I am not really a fan of Sonic Team after playing Sonic Adventure I & II, but I still thought the commercial was good, and I must say that I am thinking of buying the game just to show my support for Sega and Nintendo.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Undisclosed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 09:06:59 PM »
Count me in on that one Grey.  I'm thinking the same thing.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 11:04:35 PM »
the singing freaked me out, it was still pretty cool though, and it looks funtastic! thanks berto

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
RE:Billy Hatcher high-res commercial capture
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 11:30:45 PM »
The video part of the commercial is fine.  It is the audio that they paired with it that irks me.  They could have chosen someone with a less dare I say childish voice.  I will at least rent this game to give it a try.  Not just because of the commercial, but because of my limited playtime with the preview disc demo and the reviews that it is giving. I'm not sure how it will be.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 11:42:17 PM »
Hehe, that was cool

I dont see whats wrong with it... i still think it will BOMB though... not that i care...

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 12:08:51 AM »
The funny part about this commercial is that if people didn't like it, they blame NINTENDO for it instead of SEGA, who actually MADE the ad itself.

I wonder if the game would fare better if they got Hoobastank to play in the background while a hip, edgy man claims that playing Billy Hatcher will up your street cred, yo.  Could it have been advertising any other way?  When you eventually bite the bullet and convince yourself to get over the commercial and actually play the game, the answer is a definite no.  
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 12:45:30 PM »
The song and vocals match the theme of the game. i could be mistaken but the song sounds like it's from the soundtrack. Lyrics aside, it sounds like a lighter version of an early 90s alternative rock song (Belly, Letters to Cleo, etc.). Good stuff.

i don't see what's wrong with the commercial. It doesn't follow the edginess of the F-Zero commercial, or the geeky-coolness of the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance commercial, but i really like it. Most of it is actually from the game, which is always a plus for me.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 12:54:31 PM »
The song and vocals match the theme of the game. i could be mistaken but the song sounds like it's from the soundtrack. Lyrics aside, it sounds like a lighter version of an early 90s alternative rock song (Belly, Letters to Cleo, etc.). Good stuff.

i don't see what's wrong with the commercial. It doesn't follow the edginess of the F-Zero commercial, or the geeky-coolness of the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance commercial, but i really like it. Most of it is actually from the game, which is always a plus for me.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Skyman_Welks

• View Profile
RE:Billy Hatcher high-res commercial capture
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 01:13:17 PM »
I thought the music was cool, I especially like how the singer sings "billy hatcher and the giant egg"..... I just like the melody.  
What is character but determination of incident? What is incident by the illustration of character?