Author Topic: My smart consumer Story for the day!  (Read 2914 times)

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
My smart consumer Story for the day!
« on: November 28, 2003, 01:30:17 AM »
I got the gamecube 79.44 dollar zelda collector edition package.... not one but two this morning went to walmart about 5:15.. store opens at 6. complete craziness. I bought one for my girlfriend. My mom was buying one for my sister who loves my gamecube i got on launch day what is it 3 years ago... my mom was discouraged of all the crazy people there. She left. I got my girlfriends gamecube. went home to discover she did not get one. my dissapointed baby sister asked if i would take her back.  I took her back it was still crazy this was about an hour from opening.  Went to the electronics department.  noticed the stack of gamecubes that once stood tall and proudly next to the measily 3 ps2's sitting next to them couring in the site of this many gamecubes.  I asked the nice Heterosexually challenged man at the register if there were ne left. He sed no, but his assistant spoke up and said i have one left.. out from behind the counter she pulled a gamecube. THE LAST ONE IN THE STORE. This isn't just an exaggeration. It was the last gamecube. I got two gamecubes for what came to $84.21. with the tax in Pennsylvannia. How could have I dont better... Now I will play the very first zeldas I grew up with and which inspired me to stay in the Nintendo family.  AHHH nostalgia.  I am then off to a day of work at Mcdonalds oh joy... But i will have a little spring in my step today.
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
RE:My smart consumer Story for the day!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 06:22:40 AM »
i got 5 dvds for 25 bucks....i wish there were some better game deals....something like buy 2 get one free...anything. but no stores around me have any deals for games, just for the consoles.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: My smart consumer Story for the day!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 06:33:32 AM »
i'm at work right now, so i hate you all.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 06:39:47 AM »
lol well i hate you because you have a job.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 06:51:11 AM »
Yeah I saw that deal to, not many dvds I cared to watch or didn't already have though.  

Offline RareWare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 09:09:15 AM »
Heh, I did the same thing, and was buying for the same people, but I got them both at the same time.  Wait.... I hope my sister and girlfriend don't read this....
Yeah, the gamecubes went fast here as well, in Rome, GA.  The massive stack of them lasted all but 15 min.  There were AT LEAST 15 boxes of 4 gamecubes!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 04:28:34 PM »
At the bestbuy i was in i saw like 5 boxes of cubes, few PS2's and a ocasional Xbox go while i was at that massive line to check out (all the way back of the store with all the tvs)
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 06:06:07 PM »
yeah.  at my vantage from the tech bench, it looks like the GameCube is going to crush the other systems this holiday season!!

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 06:48:23 PM »
yea i talked to the manager alittle after and he said there were 70 game cubes that were out and what ever else they wanted to put out, the stack was gone in a matter of 20 minutes... NIntendo may mess up, but when they do.  They learn to come back.  Nicely done.  Oh yea I have no clue how my store has 70 gamecubes compared to the 5 you've talked about.. I live in a small town in Pennsylvannia called Lehighton.  Population about 4,000. May be? 203 kids in my highschool. Not very large. Strange.
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline Dynamitega

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 07:05:14 PM »

Oh yea I have no clue how my store has 70 gamecubes compared to the 5 you've talked about..

He was meaning that he saw 5 cubes get bought... not 5 cubes in stock.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 08:58:59 PM »
I didn't go but it seems that the partents are noticing the $100.00 price tag. My manager brought it up to me.  And it seemed like they were fighting like a pack of starved wolves.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 03:30:12 AM »
Isn't it great?  I'm certain it will sound like fanboy (or fanman)-ism, but I really think there have been a few million gamers out there that have honestly really wanted a GC, but have went for the XBox for style points and the PS2 because everyone else has it.  Certainly there are fine games for those systems, and I don't discount that, but now that GC is slashed everyone can say "well, its only $___, so I figured 'why not?"  Even though we KNOW they couldn't wait to get home and fire up one of these little beauties.

Of course, we all know somehow the XBox numbers will double the GCs this holiday season......  Lets see, the GC sales will increase 10-fold, the Xbox will triple, and BANG Xbox is ahead again.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 06:11:40 PM »
hahaha well i think nintendo will do fine with the sp and cube this holiday. if the cube doesnt out sell the xbox this holiday season, then nintendo is forever doomed.

Thomas Paine