Author Topic: yo dudes i got a Q about Animal Crossing  (Read 3874 times)

Offline gamecubin700

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
yo dudes i got a Q about Animal Crossing
« on: February 07, 2003, 05:57:24 PM »
    yo. I have a thing thats buggin me about Animal Crossing. WEll i purchased the game the first day it came out, and am lovin it alot Any way I showed my sister the game and allowed her to have you own home in my town. MY question is: is it possible to have a completely new town on a seperate memory card 59( one that doesn't come with the game)  so i dont have to buy an entirely new game.
  Also  :  how do you get Tom Nook's largest store to open( i forget the name ) ?  thanks

" but to be human is to castantly change, you'r desire to remain as you are is what ultimaely limits you "    
                   - puppet master  
              Ghost in the Shell

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 06:00:25 PM »
You can create a new town on another memory card (it doesn't matter if it is 59 or 251).

For the Tom Nook's store
I think that someone has to visit your town and buy something and meet a certain number of bells.  

Offline yrrab436

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 06:21:25 PM »
I know it's probably obvious, but if you get another memory card get a 251.  It's only a couple dollars more for four times the storage.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing Discussion
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 04:23:15 PM »

Originally posted by: gamecubin700
yo.
  Also  :  how do you get Tom Nook's largest store to open( i forget the name ) ?  thanks

There are three upgrades.

1. Nook 'n Go requires 25,000 bells worth of business.

2. Nookway requires 65,000 bells worth of business.

3. Nookington's requires 150,000 bells worth of business plus you must get someone to visit your town.  

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 06:16:47 PM »
I'm still hesitant on buying that game.........so far all I heard was good stuff but yet, I don't know.

Is it really a good game? And if so, is it better than Skies of Arcadia?

Sorry about this Rick but your reviews and such, don't have the impact of which the common people have on me......sorry about this kinda poll thing  
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 07:24:24 PM »
You can't really compare Animal Crossing to Skies of Arcadia unless it's about charecters. I loved the game when i first played it on the 6th of Sept. (thank you blockbuster!) and still do to this day. I played everyday since I got it without cheating (setting back/foreward the clock). I pretty much have every goal there is completed (need to catch the rest of the fish and insects, almost!) but i still enjoy the holidays and even, as i like to call it, "My daily Animal Crossing Activities" which consists of checking the mailbox, store, police station for new events, talking to every animal atleast once, and seeing what is new today. Sorta surpsisingly these hardly get old.

As far as charececters go, there's a variety of standard animals living in your village. And what i mean by standard is that they are in every town (Store keeper, police dogs, mailman, etc.). They have some funny personalities. The neighbor animals come in 6 categorys of personalities. These personalities are generally all funny. The personalities are lazy, dumb animals (male), Serious animals (male), snobby animals (female), energetic goofy animals (both but with different dialogue), and kind softspoken animals (Female). They all talk about different things most of the time but animals under the same category repeat each other alot, which is annoying.  As far as charecters go, Skies is far superior. Hope this helps.  
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 09:53:15 PM »
Animal Crossing is definitely one of the greats of the GameCube generation.  In fact, back in September when I got AC, for weeks I felt it was the best game EVER made!!  It's definitely the most charming game I've ever played.  However, since then I've somewhat revised my opinion of it (now it's 'only' the second best game of the GameCube generation after Metroid that I've tried), but I still come back to play AC a few days a week.

The game really has unprecedented longevity for me.  There's always the odd surprise every once in a while that makes it fun even after playing for months.  My advice is to stay out of the FAQs and don't go changing the clock just to get everything, since real time is such a major element to the game.  Anyway, I'm highly recommending it.

I can't compare it to Skies of Arcadia Legends though, since I haven't tried that yet.  

Offline keitarou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 11:04:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Rancid Planet

3. Nookington's requires 150,000 bells worth of business plus you must get someone to visit your town.

I think you need that person visiting to buy something from your Nooks in order for him to expand.  I've had my bro visit my town several times without shopping at my Nooks and nothing happened, and I know that I bought enough to exceed 150,000 bells.

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2003, 06:17:28 AM »
It's not how much you buy, but that you pay off your debts.  I agree that this is one of the best games out there, and though I've only rented it, I will be playing it for a long time.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 08:29:12 AM »
Yes, to get Nookingtons, you need to spend over 150,000 Bells and have a forgiener BUY something at your Nook N' Go.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2003, 06:39:38 AM »
I'm finally getting back to my town, Leafton, and for a few months now, this place has had about....let's say...ten THOUSAND weeds.  I have no idea how many.  So, I'm spending a little bit every day pulling weeds.  I deserve this.  I am a horrible person.  Worse yet, though I've found Wisp/The Ghost TWICE in the SAME SPOT back in the day, I can't find him ANYWHERE now in the wee hours of the morning.

This is punishment.  I deserve this.  My poor, poor, poor big-headed friends.  *weep*

Driven to this extreme, I desire two items in Animal Crossing 2.

1) Luigi's Ghost-sucking Pack--perhaps this would aid in finding the ghost...haha.

2) A friggin' lawnmower!

Forgive me Animal Crossing!  I'm coming back to you!
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2003, 08:05:06 AM »
your all mean this game still isn't out in PAL =\ but it is coming this year sometime, sigh =\

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2003, 01:40:15 PM »
PIAC, it's no big deal.  I mean, granted, your life is basically pointless without this beautiful, beautiful creation, but that's not so bad.  You can still come on here to PGC Forums and read about how great it is!  Seriously, that alone makes your life at least .1% worth living.  See?  Things are better now.

I kid, I kid, PIAC.

So, do you think Animal Crossing 2 will be out when you get the first one?  *laugh*

I kid!  I KID!

Offline BlueStorm

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2003, 03:56:45 PM »

This game is quite interesting, but it's a game you just don't play all day long.  It's one of those game concepts that could really be taken far.  They've only just scratched the surface of what could be done.   It would be kind of neat if Animal Crossing 2 came with a GBA flash cart that you could use to upload and NES games too.  That would be real value.  It would be great to have Nintendo license some classics from other publishers as well.  (won't happen though).   That could even be a use for the SD cards it seems like they will never use.  Plug one into a GBA cart and be able to select from all the NES games you've collected in Animal Crossing

Ah the possibilities.

BS.
<BR>

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2003, 04:30:01 PM »
That's a great idea BS.  Of course, my NES finds are still rather small--I have what can only be termed "horrible luck."  Haha...

As for not playing it all day, that's true, too.  But, that's also tbe beauty of it--you can pick it up 15 minutes a day for months and months.  There's no real commitment, and you can just relax and enjoy it.  It's repetitive, but so are many of life's joys.  ;-)

Now, back to these DADGUM WEEDS!

Offline mexicanchaos

• View Profile
RE:Animal Crossing Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 07:11:55 PM »
is that 150,000 bells in items bought or does paying off youe debt count

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Animal Crossing Discussion
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 07:24:55 PM »
I must be the only Animal Crossing player without a NES...

I rented the game about 10 months ago and played for a few days, but I didn't really accomplish much more than paying off the mortgage on my house.  I am not sure if I got a NES in the mail or not, as it wasn't for a little while until I discovered how to open a package...  -_-

So I started a whole new game today, and am waiting until tomorrow to see if I get a nice little package from Nintendo or not.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 03:20:56 AM »
I thought you only got that package from Nintendo on your first town on those mem cards that came with it.  But if you just get a game, you drop that and can play it.  I also have an empty NES, but haven't used it yet.  Such a great game.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2003, 03:46:45 AM »
erm... how do I get NES games though if I don't have a NES?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2003, 06:22:22 AM »
Grey, you can play the NES games without an NES.  Just drop them in you house, go up to them and press A.  I've yet to figure out what the actual system does.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2003, 06:26:24 AM »
Ok, fair enough.  Now I just need to find a way to get a NES game.  -_-

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2003, 06:29:24 AM »
The NES games all come with a NES. If you drop each game it will have its own console. There are some universal codes for some of the NES games. Also you can set the clock to your birhday and you will get one as a present.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!