Author Topic: Mafia 53: Harry Potter Day Two (We could be off to a good start)  (Read 22724 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 53: Harry Potter Day Two (We could be off to a good start)
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
Bah! I don't like any of today's vote. And just because Despicable is guilty doesn't make anyone innocent. There is a killer role out there. Frankly, I don't care for Apdude's comment. Sounds like a frame-up to me.

That said, I'm voting for a player that voted to save Despicable and never changed his vote. Today he is laying low. un-VOTE JRLIBRARIAN. Nothing against the guy I just think some in the mafia would have taken the chance to save the godfather on Day 1 and get their hit and he seems like the best choice.

Also, how many mafia members are there? According to the rules, there are only two mafia roles listed. Voldemort and The Snatcher and both are dead. Ceric said that stevey is the townie investigator so that would make his role the Minister of Magic then. Which is it? Is it Ceric aware of something we are not?

EDIT: Vote changed. Somehow I never saw either of his two posts or his explaination in the thread today. I don't know how he blended in so well but I didn't even realize it was him until just now. That changes my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:27:01 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »
Bah! I don't like any of today's vote. And just because Despicable is guilty doesn't make anyone innocent. There is a killer role out there. Frankly, I don't care for Apdude's comment. Sounds like a frame-up to me.

That said, I'm voting for a player that voted to save Despicable and never changed his vote. Today he is laying low. VOTE JRLIBRARIAN. Nothing against the guy I just think some in the mafia would have taken the chance to save the godfather on Day 1 and get their hit and he seems like the best choice.

Also, how many mafia members are there? According to the rules, there are only two mafia roles listed. Voldemort and The Snatcher and both are dead. Ceric said that stevey is the townie investigator so that would make his role the Minister of Magic then. Which is it? Is it Ceric aware of something we are not?
I had the roles mixed up.  I'm not used to their being an investigator on each side because its sort of redundant on the Mafia side.  Since their are 11 of us I'm thinking that their will be only 3 Mafia members so that would mean their is 1 Mafia member left right now.  I also think ShyGuy is the Corrupted Wizard which would be the easiest role to not use PMs with.  Though I would figure the Corrupted Wizard would team with the Mafia because he literally has to kill everyone to win if I read the rules right.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:15:49 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
There are two investigators for each side: the Minister of Magic is the Townie investigator, the Snatcher is the mafia one (who was kill in Day 1).

As for the number of mafia members, figure it out.  ;)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

Well it should be obvious that I'm not Mafia.  Let's say I was the corrupted wizard.  If the investigator trusts me and then ends up dead by the corupted wizard then everyone will vote me out and that's a fair trade for the townies.  If I'm not then it helps form the Townie aliance.  It's a risk, a reasonably good one I would think. 

As for my accusing you.  I was just throwning out the only theories I have.  I doubt that you are the Corrupted Wizard, but if it came up between you and someone else we have to weigh all the facts.  It could be a frame up, but who do you think would have done that?  It's usually thatguys M.O.  Thatguys not playing this time.

Edit:

On second thought, the investigator should choose two people who voted for Dispicable yesterday.  This way they are assured that one of them is a townie, and can hold the other accountable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:05:18 PM by apdude »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 02:21:38 AM »
Must be 3 mafia members then.

A couple other things to ponder.

Mafia will never partner with corrupted wizard since they would lose in such situation because corrupted wizard wins if it is him and mafia at the end. Like any killer role, the only way he can win is total elimination. Right now, for either of those two players to survive, they probably need to target non-players or under the radar players to avoid hitting the same target.

Getting back to Apdude's comments, I doubt the investigator would just come forth and tell anybody his role without investigating them first. Moreover, how would we know the investigator did trust you if you were the wizard and killed him? Is he going to post and tell all the players that he revealed his identity to you so that we know to vote you out if he's killed? The arguement makes no sense and is flawed. Let's say the corrupted wizard makes a lucky hit and kills the investigator tonight. Are you saying we should then vote you out tomorrow? You said that it would be a fair trade.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 02:40:04 AM »
Arrgh! I really hate today's vote. I feel like I have to get it right or I'm done for and my suspicions are all over the place. These are the times I miss when Thatguy isn't playing. He can get me focused or provide useful intel of his own. Heck, most of the base I usually talk with isn't playing this game. I feel alone.

Right now the vote is :

2 - Ceric
2 - Rabicle
1 - Shyguy

I hate all choices. Right now, the only person I can rule out is Dasmos who hasn't logged on in days. Curses, curses, curses.

I've saved RABicle before only for that to bite me. Last time I did that, he was mafia or the Killer and offed me that night. But I still like the bloody guy. Must be because there's a guy with the name RABicle on the Pietriots website also and he reminds me of him. I don't like the Shyguy vote so I guess I'll break the tie and Vote Ceric.

That's it. I'm out of here before I change my mind again. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:57:01 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 03:16:40 AM »
Getting back to Apdude's comments, I doubt the investigator would just come forth and tell anybody his role without investigating them first. Moreover, how would we know the investigator did trust you if you were the wizard and killed him? Is he going to post and tell all the players that he revealed his identity to you so that we know to vote you out if he's killed? The arguement makes no sense and is flawed. Let's say the corrupted wizard makes a lucky hit and kills the investigator tonight. Are you saying we should then vote you out tomorrow? You said that it would be a fair trade.

I guess your right.  I was just looking for creative solutions.  I figure whoever is told would be vocal about it but not give up who told them.  I supose we'll just play it straight up, so if your the investigator don't tell anyone anything *wink wink*

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
Read the pre-game thread.  Silenced went on to say that the Corrupted wizard must also pick off the mafia as well as the Townies.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
Look for Day 3 in the Mafia Games thread.