Author Topic: Does your Gameboy or Ds live in the ghetto?  (Read 6615 times)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Does your Gameboy or Ds live in the ghetto?
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:24:30 AM »
lol omg check this out.............this video clip had me laughin at the end.  Has some decent information in it and explains why the psp fanclub likes about the hardware (cough cough hardware) im sorry i had a ( cough cough graphics whore) small cough

~Darkheart~

A lot of new people are directly linking to media.  Don't.  Send people to the original page with the link please.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Does your Gameboy or Ds live in the ghetto?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 02:08:10 PM »
Jeez.

I'm not sure what to say, except that the PSP is really ugly and the graphics aren't as nice looking as I expected after what I'd heard.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
RE:Does your Gameboy or Ds live in the ghetto?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 04:47:03 PM »
Im a huge Nintendo fan but I can't find a problem with the PSP as of yet.  Ive always bought a nintendo system before the sony ( 64 before the playstation, gamecube before the ps2, and ds before the psp ) I dont think by dissing sony is making the ds any better.  Lets not sink low to insult the psp because all the nintendo haters insult us.  Oh and come on

the graphics aren't as nice looking as I expected after what I'd heard.
unless u heard something else everyone has said that it produces watered down ps2 graphics, in other words almost but not exactly ps2 graphics.  And for the early games they look terrific to me.  I thought everyone here has defended the DS saying its not the graphics that make the game and that graphics will continue to get better as the years come.  Then why even bother bashing on the PSP's graphics when its almost 1.5 x's better than the DS's.  And I do love the Psp's style of hardware, its sexy design makes me like it as much as i love nintendos ds's design.  The PSp has analog nub, but doesnt have a clamshell design to protect that huge screen.  

Im still gonna and always be a huge ass nintendo fanboy, but lets not bash other companies unless we have valid reasons.

~Darkheart~

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:25:14 PM »
I think what Hostile was saying was not that the PSP graphics are bad (they are pretty good) but he thinks that they are not as great as Sony would have you think.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 05:26:50 PM »
dont get me wrong here im not feeling insulted or piped for an argument, but theres just too much hate going all around why cant we all just get along lol

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 06:45:36 PM »
Does he realize the Gameboy is the highest selling system ever? (I include them all because they're 100% backwards compatable)

I have to laugh at 'ghetto'.

I do think they need to realize that certain things aren't going to work portable. Racing works well, but other things just plain won't.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 08:49:03 PM »
Zach was right about what I said.  DS exceeded the expectations Nintendo set, the PSP did not meet Sony's.  Looks like that in the video anyway.
I'm not complaining about the graphics.  I'm just not that impressed by them, and apparently everyone supporting the PSP thinks I should be.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 09:37:07 PM »

You have techno music pumping , and racing, and to me that's what next gen gaming is all about

God help us all....
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 11:46:06 PM »
So far I'm not too impressed with the PSP, the screen looks very fragile and open, I'm not too certain about how comfortable thing will be to hold. I have to agree though, I was lead to believe it was better than PS2 graphically, but it appears it is a step below. Not to mention the battery life is a HUGE kicker, and the current crop of games appear to be mainly direct ports!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 04:44:20 AM »
If it's supposed to be a watered down version of a PS2, then wouldn't that make it in the area of Dreamcast quality graphics?  And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the DS a little bit more improved version of N64 graphics which would make it in the same Dreamcast quality.  I don't mean to sound all banal and all that stuff, but that's the kind of situation that I'm getting at.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 10:57:59 AM »
Ben - I believe the resolution on the PSP is better than on the DS, which would make for crisper graphics.  So while they both might have similar processing power, the DS can't show it off as nicely as the PSP can.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »
You're right, dangit forgot about pixels and all that goodness.  But in theory though, they should have the same amount should they not?  Oh well, I'm not a graphics whore anywho, but my DS is ;-)
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 12:22:54 PM »
I think your being way to general with your consumptions.  "A little less than the PS2" and "a little more than the N64" can be two completely different things.  Neither of which like the Dreamcast.

But I'm not here to comment on which system is more powerful, which is better, which will win, psp makes me laugh, etc.  I'm just here to requote this:

You have techno music pumping , and racing, and to me that's what next gen gaming is all about

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 12:29:56 PM »
Yeah, I remember hearing that too and was like....."so, next generation gaming has been around since Spy Hunter?"

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 06:45:29 PM »
The funny thing was the person speaking of a $150 price for the PSP.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 08:55:46 PM »
I still don't get why people call the PSP and PS2 "sexy". Do I lack the LSD in my water or why can't I see anything "sexy" or even somewhat close to "bearable" in their designs? The PS2 looks like a big black piece of ugly, the colours absolutely don't match and create a "cheap third world toy" look. The PS2-70k reduces that a bit by cutting down on the colours and reducing that ugly front grill. The PSP... Well, at least they cut down on the colours so it looks less like a child's toy you wouldn't give your child because it wouldn't survive 5 minutes of treatment. The design still looks like some amateur used a saw to produce that front cover and only cared about keeping your hands out of the electronics and not one bit about aesthetics. Any PDA beats SCEs attempts at hardware design, hell, a PC PSU looks better!

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 10:15:55 PM »
I think the whole "sexy" thing started when Sony unveiled their case design and Nintendo showed a working prototype. A bunch of people at the show started saying that the PSP was "sexy" while the DS was "ugly". I remember how Reggie was saying "WTF?" because people were giving "Hardware of the Show" awards to an empty piece of plastic over a playable prototype.

Hearing Kutaragi billing the PSP as "a downright sexy device" makes me want to laugh, although I'm surprised at how fluent his English is.

"A lot of the handheld gaming that we've experienced are all 'dumbed down' versions of the console version, and finally we get something that's, y'know, the same kinda experience that you're getting on your couch at home, so, and to take that outside, y'know, you can't ask for anything better." Anatole Brown - Tips and Tricks

LOL!
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 03:40:23 AM »
Let me be the third one to quote this:

Ya, know, you’re blasting techno music, and you’re racing and everything, I mean, that—to me—is like what next-gen gaming is about.

-Anatole Brown - Executive Editor, Tips & Tricks
That's sig worthy.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 11:29:24 AM »
That is absolutely going to be the best sig for generations to come.

I mean, really,  how dumb of a statement is that?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 12:28:22 PM »
After watching it again...I hope the handheld market doesn't become what those people envision it to be.  "HORRAY I get to take Metal Gear Solid 6 from OFF my couch and play it on the road with a small screen, POS speakers and a horrible little device and all for only 300$!!  This is what next generation gaming is all about."  I didn't mind Sony before, but now I'm just fed up with them.  BAH!! A pox on their houses.

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 07:47:19 AM »
The video isn't working. Does anyone have the direct link?
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 09:38:50 AM »
I demand the return of the video! It calls to me! I must be reminded what next gen gaming is really about!
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Babyboy8100

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 10:04:49 PM »
maybe psp owners like the fact that they can play gran turismo 4 in their ps2 and psp i bet they'll pay $50 for ps2 ver then another $40 for the psp ver....sony i'm fed up with them too they want do everything with out any new ideas or innovation tell what the hell is the diffence from playing gt4 on ps2 and psp ver oh! i know its "portable" oh! you can play it on the psp little screen, sony has to offer mp3 and movies on that cause after a while that is what you'll be doing from being bored from all those ports from the ps2. its not even funny how people would even think the psp is a threat cause i dont at this time the DS and PSP are still months old let's see a comparison in 2-3 years from now.