Author Topic: Your Boyfriend Sucks  (Read 4734 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Your Boyfriend Sucks
« on: August 03, 2003, 03:51:19 PM »
In the song Your Boyfriend Sucks by The Ataris (on Blue Skies, Broken Hearts- Next 12 Exits), at the end there's a quote from a movie about how you know if you've got a good girlfriend (you lock both doors after you get out and when you come back, you take take your key and unlock her door to let her in, then go around to the driver's side- if she doesn't reach over and unlock the door for you that means she's selfish, you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg, and you should dump her). Does ANYONE know what movie that's from? I know The Ataris like to put movie quotes in their songs (like Chuckie's line from Good Will Hunting in one), and I've been racking my brain trying to think which one it comes from.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Your Boyfriend Sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 03:53:46 PM »
It sounds sort of like a take on Clerks.

"You know, there's a million fine-looking women in the world, but they don't all bring you lasagna at work, most of them just cheat on you. "
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
RE:Your Boyfriend Sucks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 03:54:48 PM »
Haha, that's a great line, but I've seen Clerks enough to know it's not from it.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline HiTmaN

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 04:08:38 PM »
Oh come on, its from A Bronx Tale
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Your Boyfriend Sucks
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 04:27:24 PM »
*shakes fist at hitman* you beat me :\

but yeah, its from a brox tale, not that i have seen it, but i wanted to know when i first heard the song

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 04:30:39 PM »
I KNEW that sounded like Chaz Palminteri- thanks Hitman and PIAC.

Now I just can't remember what song that quote from Good Will Hunting was in- I know it was on So Long Astoria- whatever, I'll figure it out. Thanks again.