Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii: Suggestion  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Simba1983

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mario Kart Wii: Suggestion
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:30:15 AM »
In China, there's a popular online [free] computer game called: "Popkart". I personally play it all the time. You can play against about 8 other racers, and free patches/updates are applied overtime accordingly. It's actually quite impressive: there's chat rooms, a banking system, game houses, huts, inventorys, shopping malls etc. You can buy items, trick out your popkart, and even send gifts to people. There are also passports, that when purchased, allow you to access more/harder race tracks.

What I'd like to see happen, is a very much similar concept with Mario Kart Wii. Like Popkart, in Mario Kart, you should be able to continue racing online against other players [for gold coins]. Which you then use, to buy various virtual goods: a new cart, helmet, masks, teddy bears, bumper stickers, passports etc. [not neccessarily teddy bears, but by example, if your using Diddy Kong you could decorate your Kart with 1up Balloons - red/green/blue. This would allow players to have something to continue to endeavor and work for. It makes the overall concept much more enjoyable [and fun].

In general, you do need to quote/unquote, be able to read Chinese to download Popkart, but I'll show you the website anyway, as it's got the "Popkart-esk" cartoony look to it. But you can also make a good interpretation, as to how well it's been developed. It's actually quite submerssive in my opinion. Outside of Popkart, there's no need to chat online with programs like MSN, Yahoo, or AOL IM - you just "race".

http://popkart.tiancity.com/homepage/

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Kart Wii: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »
Wow... incentivizing the online portion of Mario Kart via an asian MMO model? Hmm... it could work... though it doesn't seem very Mario kart at all.... heck, it could work for ANY kart game!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Simba1983

• View Profile
RE:Mario Kart Wii: Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 11:07:13 PM »
Apparently, there's actually an english version, but it's called Kartrider [not Popkart]. But overall, if this concept is added to Mario Kart Wii, it would provide an added volume of continued entertainment:

http://kart.nexon.net/

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »
It's an interesting idea, but I say that knowing that there is absolutely no chance of this happening.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Kart Wii: Suggestion
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 01:38:07 AM »
I echo Isanlord's sentiments.  I love the idea, but Nintendo has generally been behind the curve on customization in games.  Minus Animal Crossing, but that game is basically all about customization.  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 05:30:34 AM »
Bring Back Dual Kart Racing!  That way the whole family can get in on ti...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.