Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553717 times)

Offline nintendo1945

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1575 on: September 16, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World back in August. If someone couldv'e looked into my brain and taken that info to make a movie, it would have been this movie. It made a misstep here and there, but as a whole those small discrepancies can certainly be looked over. The humor was great and the pop culture and video game references were spot on. To give it a rating, I say A+

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1576 on: September 17, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
So I just saw Alpha & Omega, despite the flood of CGI animated films we've had this year, I thought this one had some good dialogue and action to make it worth watching to the end. My rating: 8/10
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 18, 2010, 12:12:40 AM »
The Time Travelers Wife 8.5/10

It was a good movie in the same way Benjamin Button was a good movie. I initially thought it was going to be a big chick flick, but because its kinda twisted in a way it stays interesting. Its a pretty decent scifi movie as well.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 18, 2010, 11:04:25 AM »
Easy A 7/10

Decent movie, had some pretty funny moments but not the greatest teen comedy out there. The only thing that kept me interested to the end was Emma Stone and some of the ridiculously sexy outfits she wears. Even when she's not wearing bustiers or corsettes, she looks amazing though that last outfit makes me wish she was in that new Cher/Christina Aguilera burlesque movie[/spoier]. Oh and her acting is definately top notch, this girls got talent. Smart, young, beautiful; she keeps her nose clean and she can go places.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 18, 2010, 11:28:04 AM »
Visitor Q - WTFOMGLOLThat's Gross

I don't if something is wrong with me because I found parts of this movie funny when I assume it was supposed to be grossing me out.
I can't really go into any details without ruining some f the shock value, but since I doubt any of you will want to watch this anyway I'll just say it involves incest, necrophelia, murder, abuse, milking, rigor mortis, voyuerism, scat, attempted rape and a very very sick mind(not all in that order). Most of this doesn't happen until the final stretch of the movie (last 20-30 minutes) but for some reason I couldn't help but LOL because of what was happening in combination of the dialog that went along with it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:25:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 18, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
well i'll have to watch that then

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1581 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »
Well at the moment I am watching the Back to the Future trilogy on TV. Nearing the end of the first one and it stands as one of my favorite trilogys.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 18, 2010, 09:41:20 PM »
i was watching it on TV for a bit, but then Curb your Enthusiasm came on

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 19, 2010, 02:24:17 AM »
G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra = crap

EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 19, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »

I say better than expected*, but nearly as good as I had hoped.

*expectation were very very low

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:58 AM »

I say better than expected*, but nearly as good as I had hoped.

*expectation were very very low

As were mine, and it still didn't meet them. I knew it was a BANG BANG KABOOM popcorn flick which is why I even suggested it to my friends (none of us have ever seen it). None of us were ever really in to GI Joes as kids, but I did chuckle at the "kung-fu" grip line, as well as the "knowing is half the battle" bit but the movie still didn't deliver. Maybe I was in a pissy mood so I'm judging it harshly, but I'm not taking back my rating now. I have no interested in rewatching and re-reviewing it again, it was just too stupid.

I will say, I really wished there was a joke PSA during the credits, because that would've turned it around and made it passible.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 20, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
I watched the first 10 minutes of GI Joe on Netflix Instant View and turned it off because it was laughably bad.  Does it get any better or can I just delete this from my queue?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1587 on: September 20, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
It gets worse as it goes on.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 20, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »
It gets worse as it goes on.

The accent from Mr. Eko is laughably bad, which is ironic considering it's meant to be English and he's from Islington in NORTH LONDON!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 20, 2010, 03:29:12 PM »
Scott Pilgrim - WTF! What the hell did i watch? That was amazing and extremely limited in its appeal all at once. It's shamelessly aimed at the mid-20's Nintendo Game Arcader generation and its so much better for it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 24, 2010, 11:33:33 AM »
Watched Iron Man 2 and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (yes, it isn't out yet.  It'll be out next week) last night.  I was really looking forward to both since I was a big fan of their predecessors (Iron Man 1 and Batman: Under the Red Hood), and both disappointed me.  I found Iron Man 2 to be a really uneven movie, with a decent beginning and a decent conclusion but a middle that's a little dull.  Iron Man 2's story felt really loose and a bit impenetrable compared to its predecessor and the jokes largely weren't that funny (the best material was when Tony and Pepper were together and that didn't occur that often).  The action scenes were ok, but I never really cared about any of the villains.  The movie in general felt more like a setup for the Avengers movie than an Iron Man movie.

As for Superman/Batman, I don't know why Batman's name is even in the title: aside from a nice little scene between him and Darkseid late in the movie, he doesn't really do anything in this movie and he's even more of a jerk than usual.  Neither does Supergirl, for that matter, until the end and this is supposed to be her story.  I really didn't expect to see Wonder Woman in this movie, but I felt that she really fit well.  Unfortunately, like most Superman/Batman team-ups outside of the Justice League series, Superman tends to dominate the show since the writers feel the need to have a threat worthy of his ridiculous array of powers that get boring quickly (there's only so many times you can see Superman using his heat vision or punching a guy before it gets old).  Superman is a boring character IMO outside of the Bruce Timm animated series, and he's not terribly interesting here either despite dominating the show.  And no Michael Ironside playing Darkseid=FAIL.  The artwork in the movie can also get a little poor at times, especially the lips on the characters that make their faces look really goofy.  Overall, the movie's ok but it pales in comparison to the high standard set by Under the Red Hood.

To make matters worse, the next DC animated movie's going to be another Superman movie.  *yawn*  Guess I'll put that up there with Green Lantern: First Flight on the list of DC animated movies I can safely ignore.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1591 on: September 24, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
To be fair, they were trying to bogart the art of "Superman/Batman: The Girl from Krypton" or whatever that story arc is called. The art style in that comic looks kind of bizarre, especially Superman, who's got this uber-jawline. I'm surprised you didn't see Princess Diana coming a mile away--she has a huge part in the comic arc, basically training Supergirl on Themyscera to be an amazon warrior.

I've still got the movie on my Netflix queue, but I'm really psyched to see it. The farther these movies get away from the DCAU continuity (and art style) the more I dislike them. I need to just get all the Superman cartoons and call it good.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 24, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
To be fair, they were trying to bogart the art of "Superman/Batman: The Girl from Krypton" or whatever that story arc is called. The art style in that comic looks kind of bizarre, especially Superman, who's got this uber-jawline. I'm surprised you didn't see Princess Diana coming a mile away--she has a huge part in the comic arc, basically training Supergirl on Themyscera to be an amazon warrior.

I never read the comics.   I only recently (as in "a few weeks ago") got into comics, and I've only read a few (Scott Pilgrim and Spider-Man Noir).  My experience with these characters is limited to their appearances in the various animated series and movies, which I prefer over reading still images.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 24, 2010, 05:49:22 PM »
you know during the sam rockwell scene on iron man 2 where he's making sells with Rhodes I went to the bathroom and came back and the scene still wasn't over. All he was talking about was the weapons that were going to be on War-Machine. Thats a scene that could have been cut, I can imagine that would have dragged on. I really had to go to the bathroom so I had to pick my unessential scene wisely.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1594 on: September 24, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »
The Town: 8/10 It was really good; although I thought Ben Affleck's character fell in love with the witness chick way too quickly, and the 4th guy in the group had ZERO lines, yet I'm supposed to be shocked when he gets shot in the head.

The American: How Much You Like George Cloney/10 It was kinda slow, without too much payoff, but the level intrigue was was tip top.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 24, 2010, 08:16:20 PM »
would you say he fell in love with her or just enjoyed sleeping with her? Because if i had good source of tang, i would protect it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1596 on: September 24, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Thanks to Netflix Instant Streaming, I just watched Bicentennial Man. From what i've read, part of the reason it didn't do that well in theatres in because Disney basically made it look like a comedy in trailers and commercials. It's not a comedy, it's a sci-fi movie. I enjoyed it, I like watching Andrew grow over the 200 years and become more human (more externally and internally) and wanting companionship as he was basically an anomaly and there are no other robots like him.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1597 on: September 25, 2010, 01:29:10 AM »
would you say he fell in love with her or just enjoyed sleeping with her? Because if i had good source of tang, i would protect it.

He already had a good source of tang. He had sex with his friend's sister, who was clearly in love with him. His friend was practically trying force him to be with her. The only thing stopping him there was the kid because it wasn't his. He obviously loved the girl since he left her all that money. He could've just run off, killed her, had the friend kill her or even just leave her the hell alone. He cared what she thought about him, which you could see in the scene where they talk after she finds out about his involvement in the robbery. He definitely loved that girl, he just shouldn't have.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 02, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
Harry Brown Excellent vigilante flick. Michael is watchable in everything he does. Four Stars.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1599 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:19 AM »
Takers: 6/10 It would've been a 7 if I hadn't just seen a better heist movie. Overall, it was ok. Nothing to write home about, but definately not a bad choice if you have nothing else to watch.