Author Topic: Operation Rainfall: Did it really make a lick of difference?  (Read 8979 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Rainfall: Did it really make a lick of difference?
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
I feel like if they are truly happy with the sales they'd expand the availability to other stores like Best Buy and Amazon at least.

I saw the game for sale at Toys R Us (Canada) this weekend.  Does that count?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 04:03:01 AM »
I know it's done 230k+ here in the U.S.

Source? The only place I saw that number was originating from VG Chartz, which means it's bogus.

Seconded. Would love to see a source on that.
While I hope the title has seen success and rewarded those who took the risk to release it here, over 200K would be above my expectations given limited distribution and no outside marketing. Heck, if I were Gamestop, I would craft a press release to tout the significant (relative) reception and pat myself on the back for being "all about the gamer".

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
http://operationrainfall.com/read-regarding-the-cases-for-donators/

I really hope a bunch of people (myself included) didn't just get scammed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »
http://operationrainfall.com/read-regarding-the-cases-for-donators/

I really hope a bunch of people (myself included) didn't just get scammed.
Doesn't look like it.  Read the updated post.
They are allowing refunds to anyone who wants them, but they are still getting the cases.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
Yeah, I've been following the updates, the twists and the turns.  I've been asking questions and the answers aren't as forthcoming as I'd like.

I'm glad their offering refunds to those who want them and I'm glad they're able to get the boxes reprinted... but I do feel there's a breach of trust here and they're not too concerned about fixing it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »
Yeah, I've been following the updates, the twists and the turns.  I've been asking questions and the answers aren't as forthcoming as I'd like.

I'm glad their offering refunds to those who want them and I'm glad they're able to get the boxes reprinted... but I do feel there's a breach of trust here and they're not too concerned about fixing it.
I agree, though they aren't exactly a big corporation and it wasn't like ORF would be a lasting thing.  Hopefully, they at least fulfill the promises they've made.