Author Topic: Hunt for Zelda Skyward Sword  (Read 24263 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt for Zelda Skyward Sword
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 12:04:24 AM »
I was buying this for Danny Bivens in Japan and Target had no effing idea about this game's existence. I ended up just going to GameStop and after being grilled over whether or not I pre-ordered it, I got it for him. I like how they were worried about me pre-ordering it when they had what looked like 10 copies not touched by pre-orders.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »
I was buying this for Danny Bivens in Japan and Target had no effing idea about this game's existence. I ended up just going to GameStop and after being grilled over whether or not I pre-ordered it, I got it for him. I like how they were worried about me pre-ordering it when they had what looked like 10 copies not touched by pre-orders.

That's something that always bugs me about going to GameStop, and I generally have good GameStops in my area that keep the B.S. to a minimum.  You would think that when I go into a store and I ask them if they have a copy of the game, the natural conclusion you should reach is that I didn't pre-order it.  Otherwise, I would be asking to pick up my pre-order.  Yet every time I ask that question when I walk into any GameStop on launch day is "well, did you pre-order it?!"  Sheesh.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 12:18:20 AM »
This morning, I walked into Best Buy shortly after it opened, picked up the bundle, endured some employees explain that the ones on the shelf were separate from the pre-orders, gave them my money and then left.

Exciting stuff, no?  :PHaven't touched it though; spent the entire evening with Super Mario 3D Land.           
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 02:15:15 AM »
Just read the email Amazon sent about my copy being shipped. The count down is on!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 07:22:38 AM »
I didn't know Best Buy was on holiday hours so it opened at 9am yesterday. I didn't actually start playing until way later. Best Buy gave me a $10 gift card just for buying the game. Thug life.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
I think the moral so far is Check Best Buy First.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline gojira

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
I picked up my copy from Target since I had to buy a few things from there anyway.  The clerk had to go to the back to get more.  So I guess it's selling well.

After a bunch of issues in the past I only preorder on Amazon if I'm going to do one day shipping (or release day for 99¢ on Arkham City).  They send out the orders based on what delivery service you asked for.  So if you order one day, they send it out right away.  But if you choose free shipping they don't even send it out until the end of the week.

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
Can't say I mind the wait for the bundle to ship eventually.  Playing TP again has really dampened my enthusiasm for this series.

My preorder of OoT couldn't come soon enough 13 years ago.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:58 PM »
I went to the local Wal-Mart right at midnight on Saturday.  I couldn't find the bundle anywhere so I asked them and they said they didn't recieve any of the special editions.  I then left the store and went to the next closest Wal-Mart that was 15 minutes away.  When I got there they also didn't have the bundle so I just decided to f*ck it and buy the standalone game and just bought a $20 motion plus attactment for my existing controller instead.

When I got back to my apartment I was pretty tired so I decided I'd get some sleep and play Zelda when I wake up in the morning.  The next day when I wake up I feel like sh!t and my head won't stop hurting, so I was unable to play the game on Sunday.  Now today I get up and still feel even worse.  Damnit I have the f*cking game but I'm too sick to even remotely enjoy trying to play it.

Seriously, I always seem to get messed up on this week every November.  I was unable to play Donkey Kong last year and NSMBW the year before that for the same reason.  Seriously, how do I get really sick on the same week every November for the last three years which happens to be on the same time Nintendo's biggest Wii game comes out. 

Seriously, what the f*ck?  Does Reggie love sneaking into my apartment the night before and inject me with some kind of virus while I sleep because this is just messed up.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
Luigi Dude do you have a Significant other you be ignoring in favor the Major Release?

Yeah, UncleBob found out for us that Walmart is holding all its bundles for Black Friday.

Though that really stinks man.  Hope you get to feel better.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:23:34 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
I don't have Skyward Sword yet and it ain't because the store was sold out or anything like that.  My birthday is December 1.  I typically make a birthday/Christmas combo list for this time of year and can you guess what is at the top of it?  This is a routine scenario for me as great games always come out this time of year and I always put off videogame purchases until after Christmas in case a family member wants to get me one as a gift.

So I have to wait about a week and a half to play this... IF I get it as a birthday gift.  If not I'll have to wait until Christmas!  Thought my youngest brother and I help each other out.  Since we have similar interests our parents often ask us for advice about what gifts to get the other.  I know he is steering our Mom in the right direction as I always do the same for him.  Still gifts from one's mother are never a sure thing (and any gift from my Dad was always purchased by my Mom; he always jokes "what did I get you?").  Fun Mom and Nag Mom both inhabit the same body and you never know which Mom is present at the store.  I could just as easily get an expensive "useful" gift instead.

Offline dack25

• I NEED TO READ THE AVATAR RULES PROBABLY
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
As cool as the golden bundle is, I might opt to buy the regular edition instead because my K-Mart has bundles of games with the motion plus for $15 and maybe even wait until after Christmas to buy Zelda since it will probably be $40 (maybe) at some of the after Christmas sales. For Black Friday it really seems like the real steals are with Best Buy and Wal*Mart selling fairly new games for $30 and I'm probably going to pick up Gears 3 and something else.

EDIT: So the check from my job finally arrived and I was in a lousy mood so I went ahead and bought Zelda with the gold remote. It was the last copy of the bundle at my rinky dink Best Buy and it wasn't even in a plastic lock case it was just the cardboard box beat up. But I got a $10 gift card as well so at least I can save some money on Black Friday.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:05:09 PM by dack25 »

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
There's been a lot of drama on the Amazon threads regarding the golden bundle.  I say drama, but based on the responses in the relevant threads, it's more aptly described as wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

A number of people have had their expected shipping date changed to sometime mid-December.  December 16th was a date that's been thrown out a lot.   Some people claim that their order was entirely cancelled by Amazon.  Somewhat unsurprisingly, Amazon appear to have taken more preorders for the box than they received from Nintendo; even worse, I'm not that there's really any rhyme or reason they have for determining who gets them and who doesn't.  It doesn't appear to be on a first-come, first-serve basis. 

Since they had already charged my card and had given me a $10 credit towards a future purchase, I decided that I had a good chance of eventually getting it.  Fortunately, I received notification that my copy is shipping.  It starting Phoenix, AZ last night and is somewhere in Tallahassee, FL as of this morning.  Scheduled to show up at my parent's doorstep in south Alabama by the time I drive my family there for Thanksgiving today.  Between Skyward Sword, the Iron Bowl, and the Ark vs. LSU game, it's shaping up to be a fun weekend.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:15:54 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 09:24:55 AM »
Well Someone over at Amazon is going to be happy.  I got my copy from Amazon Yesterday despite my best effort to cancel it.  So its going back today.  Didn't even bother to open the box.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »
I ordered the Special Edition from Amazon and I was upset that it didn't ship until yesterday; now I'm glad I don't have to wait any longer.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 07:47:08 PM »
Someone help me out please! I think I missed a side quest concerning a toilet! Can someone pm me and let me know if I have to finish the game without knowing what it was?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »
A number of people have had their expected shipping date changed to sometime mid-December.  December 16th was a date that's been thrown out a lot.
Yeah, I'm one such unfortunate person. I had my estimate changed to December 19th, but then I checked again today and it had just shipped out with the estimate now November 28th. I'm glad that you mentioned getting a $10 credit, because I didn't get one. So I emailed Amazon about the issue and I was able to receive the credit. I don't mind waiting a few extra days, I'm pretty busy this week anyway so I wouldn't have much time to play.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 06:02:22 AM »
A number of people have had their expected shipping date changed to sometime mid-December.  December 16th was a date that's been thrown out a lot.
Yeah, I'm one such unfortunate person. I had my estimate changed to December 19th, but then I checked again today and it had just shipped out with the estimate now November 28th. I'm glad that you mentioned getting a $10 credit, because I didn't get one. So I emailed Amazon about the issue and I was able to receive the credit. I don't mind waiting a few extra days, I'm pretty busy this week anyway so I wouldn't have much time to play.
I'm sorry to hear that you got hit by the delivery delay.  When you got the promo code, did you notice thatthe time window to use the promotion code is unusually small?  My notification indicated a deadline of Nov. 30...so I decided to use it on a Mario 3D Kart preorder.  It's strange; I recall that in the past I've been able to wait at least 6 weeks before applying the code to another item.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:06:08 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »
Whats this about a $10 credit?

I preordered so long ago I never checked any deals they had for the game since.
My estimated delivery did change though from Nov. 28th to Dec 1st now that it finally shipped today.

Should I be contacting Amazon about a $10 credit for buying Skyward Sword?s

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
I would.  I think it resulted as a attempt to price match a Toys'RUs deal or something similar.  It wasn't offered when I preordered the game some time ago.  The $10 credit actually surprised me, but I received a notification in the mail at around the time that Amazon charged my credit card and marked my order as "Shipping Soon."

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.
Your recent order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX entitles you to a promotional code that you can apply on your next qualifying order.
Your promotional code: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Thank you for purchasing "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Gold Remote Bundle" from Amazon.com.  It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 11/30/2012 (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads).

To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com, add a qualifying item shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout.  On the final checkout page, enter the promotional code listed above in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box.  Once you click Apply, the discount should appear in your Order Summary.

The promotion code must be used by November 30, 2012.  This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com

Earth's Biggest Selection

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:17:11 PM by Sundoulos »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »
Just so you know, you dead line is November 30th 2012
that is more than a year away. I think you overlooked that when you read it last time.

I'm sorry to hear that you got hit by the delivery delay.  When you got the promo code, did you notice thatthe time window to use the promotion code is unusually small?  My notification indicated a deadline of Nov. 30...so I decided to use it on a Mario 3D Kart preorder.  It's strange; I recall that in the past I've been able to wait at least 6 weeks before applying the code to another item.

It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 11/30/2012 (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads).

The promotion code must be used by November 30, 2012.  This offer is subject to [/size]Terms and Conditions[/color][/size].[/size]
Thanks again for shopping with us.

edit:

also got my claim code too. They said it's usually e-mail 2-3 days after purchase confirmed/shipped.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:39:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 10:10:23 PM »
D'oh!  :-[  I did indeed. 

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 12:03:48 AM »
If I buy Skyward Sword from Amazon then I will get a $10 gift card?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
just got Skyward sword in the mail, took about 5 days from amazon.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 06:55:34 PM »
If I buy Skyward Sword from Amazon then I will get a $10 gift card?

You get a promotion code via email.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.