Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1197897 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3425 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »
It's probably a very close second behind The Wire as my all time favorite TV drama, and arguably more impressive given they were able to pull it off without the greater creative freedom a network like HBO provides.

If that's your top 2, then I hope The Shield is the next on your list.

That's still my #1 with Breaking Bad and The Wire also rounding out my Top 3

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: September 09, 2015, 07:23:39 PM »
I found Breaking Bad sort of meh.  If they would have cut say 1/3 to 1/2 of it I be less inclined.  It just so slow...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: September 09, 2015, 07:29:29 PM »
It's probably a very close second behind The Wire as my all time favorite TV drama, and arguably more impressive given they were able to pull it off without the greater creative freedom a network like HBO provides.

If that's your top 2, then I hope The Shield is the next on your list.

That's still my #1 with Breaking Bad and The Wire also rounding out my Top 3

I haven't watched The Shield. I've been meaning to, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: September 23, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
Season 3 finale of Nickelodeon's TMNT is one of the most bizzarre finales i ever seen.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: September 23, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
New TV season is here!

Over the summer: Killjoys, Dark Matter and Extant. Killjoys and Dark Matter were both fun little scifi's that didn't take itself too seriously. Extant was pretty impressive for it's storyline and how the hybrids suddenly became nearly all-black and didnt make a big buzz about it

Blindspot, Scream Queens (because im curious), Continuum (on its final 6 episode season) are all up first.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: September 28, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
I finished Dexter Seasons 1 through 4. I think BlackNMild said to stop there. My coworker also said the same. She said the rest is horrible. Another friend said (I think) Season 6 is okay (may have been Season 7) if only because it's the best of the last four seasons. In a way, it's the least terrible but still also terrible. Personally, of what I've seen, I'd rank the seasons: 2>4>1>3.

I don't know what happens in the following seasons besides a certain actor being revealed as one of the villains. I don't really see where the writers can go with the story besides everyone in homocide figuring out Dexter is a serial killer. How many times can they play that card though? Season 2 was excellent, mainly because it was set up so perfectly by season 1. Season 4 was good because there was actually a killer worse than Dexter. It largely works. If Showtime or the showrunners insisted on a season 5, that should have been it. They should have worked toward a conclusion. Revisiting the end of Season 2 makes the most sense with Dexter mostly on the run. I don't know how much more needs to be said about these characters so knowing there's four more seasons leads me to believe there's a lot of stalling.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: September 28, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
Heroes Reborn

Get Fucked. Have they learned nothing. It's unfocused mess putting out far too many plot lines at once. At least the action is better although half of it is some terrible CGI vomit. They likely front loaded that so the rest of the episodes will pretty much be people in a room talking.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3432 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
Season 3 finale of Nickelodeon's TMNT is one of the most bizzarre finales i ever seen.

Better than season 1s ending... About the same as seasons two.  I thought it felt alittle rushed, but fun.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: September 29, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »
I finished Dexter Seasons 1 through 4. I think BlackNMild said to stop there. My coworker also said the same. She said the rest is horrible. Another friend said (I think) Season 6 is okay (may have been Season 7) if only because it's the best of the last four seasons. In a way, it's the least terrible but still also terrible. Personally, of what I've seen, I'd rank the seasons: 2>4>1>3.

I don't know what happens in the following seasons besides a certain actor being revealed as one of the villains. I don't really see where the writers can go with the story besides everyone in homocide figuring out Dexter is a serial killer. How many times can they play that card though? Season 2 was excellent, mainly because it was set up so perfectly by season 1. Season 4 was good because there was actually a killer worse than Dexter. It largely works. If Showtime or the showrunners insisted on a season 5, that should have been it. They should have worked toward a conclusion. Revisiting the end of Season 2 makes the most sense with Dexter mostly on the run. I don't know how much more needs to be said about these characters so knowing there's four more seasons leads me to believe there's a lot of stalling.

Your final thoughts are on point. the final 4 seasons are terrible and the actual conclusion is so stupid, that you would wish you stopped at the end of S4 and just made up your own finale.

Lets just say that Dexter gets sloppier and sloppier and no one is any closer to finding out his truth. And it wasn't so much as him just making bad choices and leaving behind evidence, as it was just terrible writing and stupid plots that left holes big enough to walk through just to advance the "plot".

Stop at end of S4. John Lithgow was truly a highlite of the series, and just imagine your own conclusion from there.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: September 29, 2015, 05:14:21 PM »
Gotham S2: Season of the Joker

It's happening. they couldn't have found a better actor to play the part (of not-the-joker) either. He looks the part, sounds the part and plays the part so well. S2 is gonna be so much fun, I can just tell.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: September 29, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »
Episode 2 of Gotham was pretty fun, very chaotic. GCPD is in over its head.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: September 30, 2015, 03:17:34 AM »
Continuum - A six episode final season where, in episode four, just like Lost, they go OH **** THE SHOW IS ENDING and start panic writing where the previous three episodes they were wheel spinning heavily doing a lot of not-much. Some shows really haven't learned from the mistakes of Lost, it seems. Also, the loss of Travis (Roger Cross) is noticeable, he's had three scenes over four episodes probably because this was filming at the same time as Dark Matter.

Blunt Talk - Patrick Stewart sticking his head in the breasts of a transgendered prostitute, proclaiming he's alright with it because "i'm english".  Pretty funny and he carries the show with his energy and charming enthusiasm.

Scream Queens - I think BNM will hate episode 1 of this because of the constant casual racism dashed out everywhere - which stops in episode two.. But i will continue giving it a go to see how it leads on.

Blindspot - An interest premise and unlike most other shows with a strong premise (Person of Interest, Almost Human come to mind) it hasn't just dumped it and fallen into a straight procedural format to sprinkle it out later.

Minority Report - Come back Almost Human, all is forgiven. You had better actors, a more interesting premise and better writing.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3437 on: September 30, 2015, 06:02:32 AM »
I wonder if Gotham will introduce a vigilante this season that ends up failing or dying at the end of the season, but captures Bruce Wayne's imagination to see what more you could become.  I think it would be a clever way for him to learn that a disguise and persona of fear is important...and realize that you must be perfect to survive as a vigilante. 

Heck what if it leads to season 2 Bruce Wayne being the first "Robin?"  It would be interesting and add to the mythos that Bruce started young and that is why he takes kids under his wings to do the same...he barely survived and he wants to train them to do better than he did.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:04:33 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: October 01, 2015, 12:55:38 AM »
Agents of SHIELD S2 opener.

we are off to a good start.

Skye Daisy was looking great.
Mack was looking for a new axe... possibly attached to a shotgun
Fitz has come a LOOOOONG way from where he started back in season one, unfortuately Simmons has gone a much much longer way from where she started instantrimshot.com
The opening effects were good, and the action was on point. I think the only thing that could have used improvement was to tweak the design of the main villain a little. Other than that, we got a good 1-2 combo popping off with the Gotham/AoS monday/tuesday comic show kick-off.

when does the new season Arrowverse start? I'm eager to see if The Flash can raise the bar, and to see if Arrow can recover after shitting the bed.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: October 01, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
Arrow and Flash and iZombie start next week.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: October 02, 2015, 01:28:07 AM »
i Zombie was alright. I enjoyed it. I'm down to check out a S2.

The Flash I'm looking forward to. S1 was a lot of fun, and S2 sounds like it's not holding back, so I'm definitely down with a S2.

Arrow... I'm only giving this a chance because it will eventually cross over with The Flash, and I want to see how they both tie into the other spin-off as well. Arrow S3 really left me sour on the show. Like they just took the suck that was the very end of S2 and just ran that further into the ground.
Hopefully S4 is a complete turn around, to at least the levels of the best of S2, but I'm not all that hopeful. Worse case scenario, I'll hate watch it just so I'm caught up for the eventual crossovers. I really hope they manage to hook me back in though, as I really want to love the show again.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: October 07, 2015, 01:10:32 AM »
Gotham Pretty good episode, a lot of fun. Too bad about Jerome-ker. Maybe he will come back somehow? also, Alfred is thirsty!

Flash Wrapped up the season 1 cliffhanger a little too cleanly. The thing with Barry's newly freed Dad running off so his son can be his own man seemed a little jammed in there for plot convience

iZombie fun as ever. Major is a hired gun, cleaning up Seattle.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3442 on: October 07, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
Shyguy:  I liked the part with his dad.  Personally, I think he is doing it for himself...he needs a new start in life, he lost 14 years, and I am sure Central City would be a hard place to live.  I also was OK with the seemingly fast wrap up of the singularty...but honestly, it isn't wrapped up.  There is going to be more.  Honestly, it was almost a perfect season opener.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: October 07, 2015, 04:45:52 PM »
I cannot stand Jay Garrick's damn hat.  Looks so bad.  Why they thought it'd be a good idea in live action boggles the mind. 

Also, Cisco's reaction after Stein named Atom Smasher was wonderful. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: October 07, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
Re: Gotham

Guess the jokes on me... :/

Hope they find a way to make sure he laughs again.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: October 07, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »
Minority Report is almost guaranteed to get cancelled with the way how its ratings have tanked.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: October 07, 2015, 10:28:43 PM »
I heard it was pretty boring.

How are ratings for Limitless?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: October 08, 2015, 12:53:15 AM »
So the season premiere of Arrow didn't fill me with hope. I find myself struggling to be compelled to care about these characters any more. The new villain isn't bad.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: October 08, 2015, 12:57:32 AM »
So the season premiere of Arrow didn't fill me with hope. I find myself struggling to be compelled to care about these characters any more. The new villain isn't bad.

I haven't watched it yet... I see this getting back-burned for a possible marathon if I ever bother to get around to it, if your enthusiasm about it is anything to judge it by.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: October 08, 2015, 01:06:52 AM »
"Felicity, You have failed... this omelete."