Author Topic: Castlevania Review Mini  (Read 9347 times)

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Castlevania Review Mini
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
This strikes me as a Ghosts 'n Goblins style debate. Meaning, some people hate GnG for being a rigid, unforgiving game that demands near perfection. Others love it for those same reasons. This game seems to be similar; it's just what kind of game do you want out of it?

For me, this review kind of crystalized that I don't really want to go back and replay this game. I'd rather replay Super Castlevania IV (which I own on Wii VC and hope I'll be playing it on my GamePad this year), because I think that improved some of the tougher parts.

You might have all your tools, but that doesn't mean the tools are a blast to use for everybody. Some people hate GnG's jumping, while other love it. It's all perspective and preference.

I find IV harder and more cheap in parts than the first game, to be honest.

I don't think the review is an accurate description of playing the game at all.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »
I find IV harder and more cheap in parts than the first game, to be honest.

I'm sorry but how?  Super IV is the least cheap old school Castlevania since the 8 directional whip allows gamers to hit any enemies now, so you don't have to worry about being cheap-shot by the diagonal flying enemies anymore.  It also give you control over your jumps so there's no more cheap deaths from accidentally jumping into an enemy because you jumped a pixel too early but the game has to make your character move the same amount of space every time you jump like every other old school Castlevania did.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kobeskillz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »
Hahahahahaha at this review!!!!' Save points. Hahahahahaha! Children have gotten soft.