Author Topic: PREVIEWS: New Super Mario Bros. Wii  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Chessa

• is full of rage!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
PREVIEWS: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
Now with video!
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=18697

After some speculation that there would be a new New Super Mario Bros. title announced due to a picture from IGN, Nintendo officially revealed New Super Mario Bros Wii at their E3 Press Conference.    

The real surprise in this announcement lies in the fact that it will not be a traditional sequel to its predecessor on the DS. Instead, New Super Mario Bros. Wii features up-to-four player cooperative play in which players will have the option of controlling Mario, Luigi, and two different colored toads.    

The game appears just as bright and vibrant as its predecessor, and also sees the return of the star coin collecting. We saw familiar staples of the Super Mario franchise as well as new features that have never been seen before.    

Not only will players be able to traverse levels with one another but their characters will also have the ability to interact with one another. One interaction demonstrated a few times on stage was the ability to pick up another playerÂ’s characters and carry them and/or throw them at blocks and enemies. Another new addition is the Propeller Suit, which wraps a tight jumpsuit with a little propeller overhead onto the playerÂ’s character. By acquiring this suit players will be able to travel to higher areas of a level by shaking the Wii Remote.    

In addition to new suits and co-operative play we saw hidden areas contained within the landscape and in case of an unfortunate death, players are brought back to life in bubbles. There is also ranking system at the end of each level which weighs out and compares the performances of each player in order to hand out a ranking.    

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is expected to release worldwide during Q4 2009.    

Here's Neal playing the castle level.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
Re: PREVIEWS: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »
Watching video just makes me want to play it more!
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: PREVIEWS: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »
Which one was Neal?  Wait, ya know, it doesn't matter--you both were pretty horrible at the game.  ;D

Hooray for Yeah Yeah Yeahs background music!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!