Author Topic: Wow, he just disapeared and then what?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wow, he just disapeared and then what?
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »
Ok so I was watching some old Transformers episodes last night and I was moslty skipping around from season to season and got to thinking about the gap between the Japanese stuff and Beast Wars a little so started doing some google to read up on some stuff I had missed, and how to go about finding it. Well I stopped by the old G1 wikipedia page and read upon the history of the show again cuz there was something missing and I couldn't figure out what it was. Well I found it, the lost seasons, Season 5 apparently was a retelling of the earlier episodes but used a stop motion puppet of "power master prime" and a boy named Tommy Kennedy.

I know those episodes existed cuz well by the time I was old enough to watch Transformers those were the ones airing so pretty much what I had seen growing up, so I figured I would try and hint them down, surely by now they'd be on DVD or something right? Guess what, wrong. Seams like the kid just fell into a back hole and no one has heard from him since 1988, so they can't get the rights to the episodes cuz the kid just disappeared.

How the hell does one just disappear? You would think by now they would have found him or something, but the more I googled the more I found out he is just gone. Weird. Any thoughts?
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, he just disapeared and then what?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »
It's not truly a Season 5.  It was re-airing of old episodes from the previous seasons with short skits featuring the Puppet Prime and the loser kid before and after the actual re-run.  Why would you ever want to see those again?

Hell, "Season 4" shouldn't even classify as a season, since it's like... three episodes.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »
I know all that, it was just curiosity. Like I said, those episodes were the first ones I remember watching, I was born in 1982, TF came out in 1984, and went off the air in 1987, I wasn't that old then. I know they are likely dumb, but it was mostly trying to relive an old memory. It will never happen though the guy literally just disappeared and those old clips are lost.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
There's got to be some hardcore TF nut on one of the message boards who has them taped or something.  Have you asked around on any TF boards?

If not I can ask for you on the one I frequent.

Or were you just expressing disbelief that the kid dropped off the face of the planet?  Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were interested in trying to find the episodes or just thought it was really weird that he was erased from time.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »
I don't think the episodes could be completely lost, I just find it odd that even his IMDB page is vague. It's just crazy how does someone, especially on TV, just disappear without a trace. And yeah I would like to see the episodes but mostly for my own sanity. Cuz I seriously thought it was something I imagined.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 11:37:51 PM »
Here's what my friends looked up, no video, just MP3s:

http://bigbot.com/mp3/transformers_mp3.shtml#Tommy

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »
I don't know what is more odd, the fact that the video clips are all impossible to find, or the actor playing in them also vanished. I give up though, it isn't that important. I just never heard of someone playing in a TV series and then disappearing.

What I really want is for the Japanese TF shows to get a proper DVD release in America. Forget the fake G1 series 5 crap.