Author Topic: does innovative mean wreckless design?  (Read 10058 times)

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:does innovative mean wreckless design?
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 06:03:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Super Mario 64 DS is not innovative AT ALL.  It's a quick 'n' dirty port to provide something for a rushed American launch.

I'd rather them give us a "quick 'n' dirty port" of a stellar game now than wait until march for a "proper launch" with an original title.

naturally, Nintendo should be launching the system with the new Mario game, but given the fact that they are probably busy making that kick ass and absolutely NEEDED to launch the DS before Christmas, I'm satisfied with the results.

my only gripe is that they are going to release their first-party titles so slowly next year; I want WarioWare now. (that, imo, is nintendo's biggest screw up)
I'll shut up now...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: does innovative mean wreckless design?
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 07:24:19 AM »
I'd never even thought about how easy some of the games could be for more casual gamers.  The touchscreen is an excellent form of control, especially in games like Yoshi touch 'n go.  So many people that don't grasp controllers could adapt to it really well.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:does innovative mean wreckless design?
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 05:21:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
I'd never even thought about how easy some of the games could be for more casual gamers.  The touchscreen is an excellent form of control, especially in games like Yoshi touch 'n go.  So many people that don't grasp controllers could adapt to it really well.

Yeah, my sister hasn't put down my DS since she got her hands on some of the mini-games in SMDS.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St