Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 687343 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: about to take our talents to Brooklyn
« Reply #1750 on: October 29, 2019, 12:46:17 AM »
Jazz - 96
Suns - 95

What. A. GAME!  :D

Man, Bogdanovic was such an incredible GET this off-season. 29 points tonight shooting 50% from 3 Point land and 61% from the field. Donovan had 25 points himself.

The Suns very nearly had this game until the very end.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1751 on: October 29, 2019, 12:52:18 AM »
So close. That foul at the end cost us overtime.  Fouled with .4 seconds left.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 29, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
Highlights.

For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7-WNkxWK8g

I'm surprised the refs called that last foul. Usually, they like to swallow their whistles when the game's that close and there's that little time left outside of watching the clock.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:00:15 AM by broodwars »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1753 on: October 29, 2019, 05:16:30 PM »
So as a Laker fan I am happy with how the team is now but sometimes I wonder about all the young players we let go and are now on other teams and how they are doing.   Players like. Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr, D'lo Russell, Julius Randle, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Issac Bonga, Ivica Zubac Thomas Bryant and Moritz Wagner.  Basically any young player that was on the Lakers squad of Kobe's last year the 2015-2016 season and played at least one year after that year, so no Lou Williams, yes that one. 

So going forward I want to note how well each player is playing and I can do that because I found a few YT channels which show the highlights of one player and this guy is doing it for any player that plays each night.

Lets start with the Pelicans vs Warriors last night.

D'lo Russell first .
for BnM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSSMvu_JHg

Overall solid play with passing and shooting. I noticed that for the most part D'lo was bringing up the ball and was pretty effective in passing and creating their own shot. There was a few turnovers from the passes but I am going to chalk it up to new teammates.   He had a box score of 24 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 turnovers.

Over to the new look Pelicans with Hart, Ingram and Lonzo Ball. 

Josh Hart has the potential to be a good 3 and D player but he hasn't broken out yet. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq7_pAuSxO4

Lots of rebounds, shooting and some defense in that clip. Josh Hart had 12 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block.

Brandon Ingram since Zion went down has been the leading scorer for the Pelicans. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlFvvS2FLs
He made some good passes and because of his length he could get some shots over other players easier.  27 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals and 2 turnovers. 

Lonzo Ball has actually improved his shooting and I think his shooting form since switching to the Pelicans over the offseason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFJG2YQCx18
Lonzo had a pretty solid game with 12 points, 4 boards, 9 assists, 2 steals and 2 turnovers.

On to the Clippers versus the Hornets.

Ivica Zubac was traded down the hall to the Clippers for a 3 point shooting center last year who is now gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsFlNOi7x1w
He is playing really good defense down low and doing the extra pass when needed. He had 7 points, 6 boards, 1 assist, 5 blocks with 4 turnovers. 

On to the Cavs versus the Bucks.
Larry Nance Jr is the son of the very first Slam Dunk champ. So he does have that athletisim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1rAympr4jM
He had off the bench 15 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal and 2 blocks.

Jordan Clarkson last season was pretty much the Cavs leading scorer when Kevin Love was out.
He looks to do that off the bench this season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmtsvVBNo8
Lots of scoring and some passing for him is what you expect from him.
17 points, 4 assists and 1 turnover.

Finally the Knicks and Randle versus the Bulls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqi2gdPwtIw
Lots of boards but also lots of turnovers for Randle.
13 points, 14 boards, 5 assists and 8 turnovers.  Nearly had the wrong type of triple double.  Otherwise a decent game.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1754 on: October 29, 2019, 08:06:20 PM »
So Lakers are playing the Grizzlies tonight.  Howard was bought out by them so it is partially thanks to them that we are playing so well.   Ja Morant has been playing well and is one of 3 players in NBA history to score 30 points and 9 assists in one game within their first 3 career games. The other two being Trey Young and Isiah Thomas of the Detroit Pistons.

Kuzma and Rondo will be out once again but it is looking like Kuzma will play in the Lakers next 3 games at some point since he is 100% healthy. He just needs to get in some work in with some practices.

Caruso and Howard have been difference makers on the defensive end these past 3 games and have made a difference when they are on the floor. Hopefully they continue that versus the Grizzlies.

for BnM  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5NHBA4WG1k

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:18:06 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1755 on: October 30, 2019, 02:07:27 AM »
AD WITH 40 POINTS AND 20 REBOUNDS. HE ALSO SET A LAKERS FRANCHISE RECORD FOR FREE THROWS MADE IN A GAME WITH 26.HOWARD HAD THE PREVIOUS RECORD.  LAKERS FANS HAVEN'T SEEN THIS TYPE OF DOMINATION SINCE SHAQ!!!!

Oh excuse my excitement, where was I... Oh yes, Main standout stat from the box scores was that every player that played, which was everyone not injured, had at least 1 assist.  As a team they had 25 assists which is a little low but everyone stepped up with the assists.   Bench was solid with the energy and KCP scoring 13 points.  Fun stat: When KCP scores the Lakers are undefeated. Caruso had a team high 3 steals.

for BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2C7nmGB3gE
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 30, 2019, 09:07:38 AM »
I’m an old man. I couldn’t bring myself to stay up and watch the game. Thanks, CaCHookaMan on The YouTube for the 15 minute team highlights video.
KCP scoring 13 points.  Fun stat: When KCP scores the Lakers are undefeated.
MV-KCP in garbage time! He needs to play like that when it matters.

Nice to see McGee get minutes and lobs if only because he seemed to sulk the last couple games. He wasn’t playing that well and Howard was getting more minutes. Howard seems happy to be here so if playing McGee more keeps him engaged, go for it.

James got another chase down block. It’s like people haven’t learned. The only time I’ve seen him not get a chase down block was in the 2011 All-Star game when Kobe dunked with two hands. You can’t go up with a weak layup, guys.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1757 on: October 30, 2019, 08:48:36 PM »
KCP actually played pretty well in the 1st and second quarters. Mainly with rebounding and playmaking. 

Looks like Kuzma is going to make his season debut versus the Mavs.  He is going to make a huge difference with the scoring he can bring.

In other news this happened...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDnK_U-dRo

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 30, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »
The Towns-Embiid scuffle is interesting.

Any bets on how much time will be missed?
Embiid can't have done himself any favors with the laughter and fake boxing by his bench after the fact.
It wasn't really that bad though - just looked rough at first because it's two massive dudes involved. Not really any punches though, just a lot of grabbing and holding.
NNID: ejamer

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 30, 2019, 09:09:59 PM »
The Towns-Embiid scuffle is interesting.

Any bets on how much time will be missed?
Embiid can't have done himself any favors with the laughter and fake boxing by his bench after the fact.
It wasn't really that bad though - just looked rough at first because it's two massive dudes involved. Not really any punches though, just a lot of grabbing and holding.

I dunno, dude. What looked like choking at the tail end of it by the Sixers player was pretty bad.  It's way too early in the season for players to be getting into fights like this.

I'm inclined to dislike the Sixers player more because he started it with the shoving and finished it with the choking (not to mention the mockery with the boxing poses on the sidelines), but both players were definitely fighting. I'd say probably a handful of games out for the Wolves player, and a few more for the Sixers player along with fines.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 30, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
That was Simmons at the end who you are talking about?

So I might be wrong, but the choking looked to me more like just trying to keep Towns on the ground and away from a real fight. Towns looked hot, and while Simmons was more aggressive than you'd probably like pinning him that way, I'd give him benefit of the doubt. (Since Simmons wasn't ejected after video review, I'm betting the officials feel the same way.)

But Embiid deserves whatever they give him for making it all a joke. I know that taunting and trash talk and getting under opponents skin is his "thing"... but dude acts like an idiot way too often and looked proud of himself for instigating the scuffle.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 30, 2019, 09:44:37 PM »
That was Simmons at the end who you are talking about?

So I might be wrong, but the choking looked to me more like just trying to keep Towns on the ground and away from a real fight. Towns looked hot, and while Simmons was more aggressive than you'd probably like pinning him that way, I'd give him benefit of the doubt. (Since Simmons wasn't ejected after video review, I'm betting the officials feel the same way.)

But Embiid deserves whatever they give him for making it all a joke. I know that taunting and trash talk and getting under opponents skin is his "thing"... but dude acts like an idiot way too often and looked proud of himself for instigating the scuffle.

OK, yeah, I didn't notice that Embid slithered away when I first watched the replay, leaving Simmons to deal with Towns. In all the scuffle, I was just drawn to distinguishing blue and white jerseys. Curious what the league will do regarding players leaving the bench on this. The commentators mentioned that "the benches are emptying" when the fight started.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1762 on: October 30, 2019, 09:48:56 PM »
Despite what the announcers said it looked like Simmons was holding Towns down.  Simmons arm wasn't curled around Towns neck, tight like a choke, but below the neck just because of all the pressure of all the people above Simmons pushing down on him. I think Embid did it on purpose just to demoralize the Timberwolves more since they we down by 20.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 30, 2019, 09:56:16 PM »
Why would anyone need to demoralize a team down by 20?

Suspensions may be a game or two. The league usually drops the suspension hammer based on punches thrown. Towns may have thrown a punch after Embiid pushed him, but he also hooks his arm around Embiid so one can make the argument that it wasn’t a punch.

Whatever. I don’t care who started it. There’s no place for that. I remember last year when Brandon Ingram was throwing a haymaker on a Chris Paul. GTFO with that nonsense. Want to send a message, win the game.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 30, 2019, 10:26:32 PM »
Why would anyone need to demoralize a team down by 20?

Clearly you don't have the same personality that Embiid does.

What a great night of games in the NBA, though. A lot of ridiculous action tonight!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:28:45 PM by ejamer »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 30, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
Clearly you don't have the same personality that Embiid does.
Yeah, clearly. If Embiid gets suspended, the Sixers are going to have a hard time against the Blazers on Saturday. Was it worth rubbing salt in the wounds of a team you’re blowing out if it means potentially missing one or more games? Only he can say. However, if you’re going to literally cry after Kawhi Leonard ends your season then say you let your team down, maybe your best move isn’t to let your team down again at the beginning of the next season. I like Embiid; there’s just not fucking place in the game for this behavior.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1766 on: October 30, 2019, 11:03:57 PM »
Suns are up against the Warriors tonight.  Suns are up 39 to 11 in the 1st quarter. Suns with a 29 to 1 run.
To end the 1st quarter the Suns are up 43 to 13.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 11:07:26 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 30, 2019, 11:40:36 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Is a good thing I like to watch other teams play too....
This is B.R.U.T.A.L.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 30, 2019, 11:44:29 PM »
Hey, guys? I think the real Mike Conley finally traded places back with his twin brother today, because he's actually playing like the guy we traded for in tonight's game against the Clippers.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 31, 2019, 12:04:55 AM »
Kawhi is on load management. That explains a lot.

I can’t stand Pat Beverley so continue this drubbing, Jazz.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1770 on: October 31, 2019, 12:13:58 AM »
Yep rooting against The Clippers and Kawhi this season. George less so because he was part of the packaged deal to get Kawhi to the Clips. Kawhi pretty much had the control with his choice.  Go Jazz!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 31, 2019, 12:17:51 AM »
The Clippers are making a nice run right now, so now's the time for Quin Snyder to put the fear of death into the Starters again and finish them off.

Incidentally, I love everything about this page.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/10/19/20922606/quin-snyder-contract-extension-pictures-axe-murderer-creepy-utah-jazz
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:19:52 AM by broodwars »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1772 on: October 31, 2019, 12:22:52 AM »
End of 3rd quarter and the Suns are up 95 to 67. Yikes. I am so excited for this team.

Curry left earlier in the game when he hit Baynes. Update on that is a broken left hand for Curry.  I do not wish any injuries on anyone but this is a bad break for the Warriors.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:52:45 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 31, 2019, 12:43:07 AM »
You know, Jazz Management, if you happened to just accidentally...lose all the courts and Jerseys except for those that feature the purple mountain logo, I think the fans would understand. Good things happen in games where that logo is present this season.  :P

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1774 on: October 31, 2019, 12:54:00 AM »
Here is what happened with Curry...

Sorry BnM… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUT-Gq74f3g
Alexis, she/her/Miss