Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 687741 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: about to take our talents to Brooklyn
« Reply #1425 on: June 30, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »
Per Ramona Shelburne, “The Knicks and owner Jim Dolan were not prepared to offer Kevin Durant a full max contract due to concerns over his recovery from the Achilles injury.”

🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I just read that too... Hahaha... Knicks gonna Knicks.
Looks like they are going after Randle.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1426 on: June 30, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »
So it seems that Magic talked with Kawhi and his uncle and the discussion is positive. Also it seems that the official meeting is going to be Pelinka and Jennie to talk with Leonard.

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-free-agency-rumors-magic-johnson-had-positive-conversation-with-kawhi-leonard-dennis-roberston/2019/06/30/
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 30, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
Per Chris Broussard a couple hours ago: “Kawhi is “Lakers to lose,” I’m told. Not done deal yet, but Lakers are his top choice.”

We’ll see.

Unrelated: The Pacers made some great moves today. Imagine if the Bucks lose to the Pacers in the playoffs next year.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1428 on: June 30, 2019, 07:38:38 PM »
Per Ramona Shelburne, “The Knicks and owner Jim Dolan were not prepared to offer Kevin Durant a full max contract due to concerns over his recovery from the Achilles injury.”

🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I just read that too... Hahaha... Knicks gonna Knicks.
Looks like they are going after Randle.
3 year/63 mil deal to the Knicks.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 30, 2019, 07:45:06 PM »
I’m a big Julius Randle fan, but damn, I wish he went to almost any other team but the Knicks (or Celtics). Glad he got paid though.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:02 PM »
Per Chris Broussard a couple hours ago: “Kawhi is “Lakers to lose,” I’m told. Not done deal yet, but Lakers are his top choice.”

We’ll see.

I always question who's doing the telling in these scenarios.
Willing to bet that it's NOT Kawhi or anyone inside his camp.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1431 on: June 30, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »
Looks like Jimmy Butler is going to Miami in a sign and trade. Josh Richardson heading to the 76ers. 4 year for Butler.

Al Horford heading to the 76ers for a 4 year 109 mil deal.  The Horford contract has $97M guaranteed and $12M in bonuses tied to championships, league sources tell ESPN.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:16:39 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1432 on: June 30, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »
Either D'Lo and pieces or Kawhi.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 30, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
76ers did well.

With Durant, Irving, and Butler off the board, the Clippers plan to pair Kawhi Leonard with another superstar is off the table unless they somehow snag Klay Thompson. The Warriors offered him the max, weird that we haven’t heard anything yet.

Per Chris Haynes, Leonard is apparently not taking meetings today, meaning fanbases will have to way another day or two to post the “What it do, baby!” clip.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1434 on: June 30, 2019, 09:38:46 PM »
Kawhi is probably surveying the field to see what would be the best option for him.  It feels like the power dynamics is going to the east now with Philly and Nets doing what they did.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1435 on: June 30, 2019, 10:02:28 PM »
I'd like to think Kawhi has purposely not heard from teams until 6pm today for the sole purpose of being a stickler for the rules.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1436 on: June 30, 2019, 10:14:28 PM »
I'd like to think Kawhi has purposely not heard from teams until 6pm today for the sole purpose of being a stickler for the rules.
That may be true for the teams but you can bet that the players were all talking with each other. Apparently Kawhi reached out to Durant about teaming up with the Clippers a few days ago and that gave Durant pause on if he wanted to do that or not. That may be why we heard this morning about the KD and Kawhi to Clippers story.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1437 on: June 30, 2019, 10:25:26 PM »
So the Jazz have a major problem at this point: they pretty much gutted their bench to buff up their starting lineup. Right now we're looking at...

Starting PG: Mike Conley
Starting SG: Donovan Mitchell
Starting C: Rudy Gobert
Starting PF: Umm...Royce O'Neal?
Starting SF: Joe Ingles or Bojan Bogdanovich

Bench:

PG: Raul Neto or the corpse of Dante Exum
SG: ?
C: ?
PF: Georges Niang
SF: Joe Ingles or Bojan Bogdanovich

That is not a great bench. We might end up using those newly-drafted 2nd rounders more than the Jazz usually do.
Well you now have a backup PF/C in Ed Davis now. 2 year/10 million.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 30, 2019, 10:27:53 PM »
Looks like Jimmy Butler is going to Miami in a sign and trade. Josh Richardson heading to the 76ers. 4 year for Butler.
This trade also sends Goran Dragić, Luka Dončić‘s former roommate, to the Mavericks for salary matching purposes. The Heat are hard capped this year, but Hassan White is off the books next summer. Not screwed, but Butler’s first year may be rocky. EDIT: Shams is saying not. EDIT 2: he deleted the tweet.

Fun Fact 1: In 2013, Jimmy Butler said he’d never wear a Miami Heat Jersey.

Fun Fact 2: The Heat retired #23 for Michael Jordan, a player who never played for the team. No worries. Jimmy Butler wore #33 at Marquette. The Heat retired #33 in 2009, Alonzo Mourning’s number.

Who knows which number Butler will choose? The Heat should let him wear #3 because they clearly have no idea what they’re doing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:34:00 PM by Adrock »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1439 on: June 30, 2019, 10:32:36 PM »
This trade also sends Goran Dragić, Luka Dončić‘s former roommate, to the Mavericks for salary matching purposes. The Heat are hard capped this year, but Hassan White is off the books next summer. Not screwed, but Butler’s first year may be rocky. EDIT: Shams is saying not.

Fun Fact 1: In 2013, Jimmy Butler said he’d never wear a Miami Heat Jersey.

Fun Fact 2: The Heat retired #23 for Michael Jordan, a player who never played for the team. No worries. Jimmy Butler wore #33 at Marquette. The Heat retired #33 in 2009, Alonzo Mourning’s number.

Who knows which number Butler will choose? The Heat should let him wear #3 because they clearly have no idea what they’re doing.
This was just updated. Mavs get Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones instead of Dragic.
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1145517269889552384
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: June 30, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »
I would have preferred Dragić. And he only has one year left of it doesn’t work out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1441 on: June 30, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »
I would have preferred Dragić. And he only has one year left of it doesn’t work out.
I guess Dallas wanted to make more moves.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1442 on: June 30, 2019, 10:47:41 PM »
Smaller moves:  Mike Muscala is heading to the Thunder, Pels are looking to sign Derrick Favors, Mario Hezonjia is heading to the Trailblazers for a 1 year minimum with a player option.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 30, 2019, 10:54:41 PM »
... Apparently Kawhi reached out to Durant about teaming up with the Clippers a few days ago and that gave Durant pause on if he wanted to do that or not. That may be why we heard this morning about the KD and Kawhi to Clippers story.

What's the source on that one?

Knicks don't look so hot after a lot of talk this year.
Lakers position is looking pretty sketchy - at this point, if they don't land Kawhi or somehow against all expectation steal Klay (which I think would be an amazing fit but doesn't seem at all likely... but how come I didn't see a notice about him signing with GS? surely that's going to happen...) then a lot of the second-tier free agents they might have targeted seem to be committing elsewhere.

Still hopeful that Raps can keep Kawhi for another year... but not holding my breath. With Sixers and Nets looking real good going forward too, that one year window is probably all they'd really be able to offer anyway.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:02:09 PM by ejamer »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 30, 2019, 11:01:45 PM »
Smaller moves:  Mike Muscala is heading to the Thunder, Pels are looking to sign Derrick Favors, Mario Hezonjia is heading to the Trailblazers for a 1 year minimum with a player option.
And Nerlens Noel was returning to the Thunder before asking for more time. “jkjkjk LOL! Teams still have cap space.”

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 30, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »
And Nerlens Noel was returning to the Thunder before asking for more time. “jkjkjk LOL! Teams still have cap space.”

Lakers minimum contact candidate for winning, or more concerned about getting a paycheck?
(I'm guessing the latter... and some team that doesn' t hit any free agents might just agree to it?)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1446 on: June 30, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »
I guess Klay agreed to sign with the Warriors last night for that 5 year/190 mil deal.
 https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/6/29/19967883/nba-2019-free-agency-golden-state-warriors-klay-thompson-kevin-durant-news-contract

With the KD and KL it is from Brian Wendwerst saying it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmsikwMt3Q About at the 2:48 mark in the video.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 30, 2019, 11:11:24 PM »
With the KD and KL it is from Brian Wendwerst saying it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmsikwMt3Q About at the 2:48 mark in the video.

Eh, sounds believable. *sigh*
TBH, I would have actually enjoyed seeing them on the Clips (not next year, obviously, but once KD is healed). Would have enjoyed seeing KD together with Kawhi more than the current situation with Kyrie - but that's just because I think Kyrie is a bit of a nutjob, on the court it should be a great match.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 30, 2019, 11:27:54 PM »
Per Shams: “Warriors are on verge of acquiring Russell, Treveon Graham and Shabazz Napier from Brooklyn, league sources said.”

Lakers better hope they get Kawhi...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1449 on: June 30, 2019, 11:28:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1145533354730766338
Damnit Shams

Warriors are on verge of acquiring Russell, Treveon Graham and Shabazz Napier from Brooklyn, league sources said.

Looks like the Warriors need to unload some salary to make this work so Iggy could be on the move.

From Woj:
Golden State is trading Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies, league source tells ESPN. Warriors are sending a 2024 protected first-round pick in the 2024 (protected 1-4), 2025 (protected 1) and 2026 unprotected.

This is how the Warriors end up after the Iggy trade.
W/ Iguodala trade, Russell and Klay both maxes and dump Livingston's GT, GSW 5 players.  A mere $18.2m below the hard cap to fill out 9 roster slots. Even if they keep McKinnie, Graham, Napier NG, $13.1m for 6. Goodbye Looney, Cousins, Cook, possibly Bell.
Current Warriors roster
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
D'Angelo Russell
Draymond Green
Alfonzo McKinnie
Jacob Evans
Damian Jones
Jordan Poole
Eric Paschall
Shabazz Napier
Treveon Graham
Alen Smailagic
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:16:30 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss