Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 687651 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Refs missed stuff both ways. Raptors had better offensive sets that created more open shots, and also had better team defense that pressured Golden State. Hard to argue that one "got away" when Toronto has pretty consistently outplayed them in virtually every aspect of the game...
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
I'm not going to believe it until Drake's holding the O'Brien Trophy, honestly. Though I read someone comparing this series to the Pistons '04 win where the blue and gold California dynasty implodes and definitely starting to see it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I hate it, thanks. Drake having anything to do with this championship run sours it all.

I've already made peace with these Finals. 3 championships and a 5 year dynasty is incredible after rooting for a team that was hot garbage through most of my adult life. I am eager to see what becomes of the Warriors post-Durant.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Lebron should go to the Warriors, Durant should restart the Seattle Super Sonics.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Refs missed stuff both ways. Raptors had better offensive sets that created more open shots, and also had better team defense that pressured Golden State. Hard to argue that one "got away" when Toronto has pretty consistently outplayed them in virtually every aspect of the game...

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I never said "one got away", I was merely arguing that a momentum shift might've gone towards the Warriors had those pretty obvious bad/missed calls not gone the way they did. There were TONS of other bad calls on both sides, but the 3 I mentioned stood out the most for me.

but moving on..... spilt milk is still spilt.

Game of Zones S6E8 (Finale)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34ku_qSTHI

that ending tho. LOL

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
We're looking at potentially a Toronto Raptors Championship...over the OP Golden State Warriors...decisively in 5 games. What post-apocalyptic hellscape have we ended up in this time, and how long until we Slide?  :P
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
It's not over yet... so even if a "decisive in 5" result would be a pretty, but is still a long way away. That said, winning 3 in a row against this Raptors team looks unlikely based on the evidence we've seen this season.

Toronto matches up pretty well with Golden State, has a lot of confidence, and are following the lead of an unflappable superstar who looks poised to win his second Finals MVP trophy unless things don't change very suddenly. And yet their demeanor after game 4 was perfect - nothing has been accomplished unless they get another win: it's all business until then.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c71D2uGkzkk
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:10:15 AM by ejamer »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
KD "expected" to play tonight.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:05:55 PM by Soren »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
KD "expected" to play tonight.

This is going to be interesting.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Really, really excited to watch this game.

Feels like Golden State has a lot of factors going their way with Durant (finally) back and prior experience - both winning and losing in high pressure situations - helping them to stay grounded.  Although maybe "grounded" isn't the right word? Their self-confidence borders on pure hubris, even knowing how dangerous they can be.

Still, I have a hard time seeing Golden State drop 3 in a row. Granted, I also didn't expect the Raps to run through Milwaukee for four straight games last round.  Whatever happens, it's fun to see the excitement build. If Raptors do win tonight, the entirely city of Toronto will go absolutely bonkers!

Anyone have a hot take for tonight?  (My "Raptors win, but not tonight" opinion seems the exact opposite.)

Offline Soren

• View Profile
My hot take is that regardless of what happens there will be drama with Durant.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
My hot take is that regardless of what happens there will be drama with Durant.

Coldest take ever. ;)

What's not cold: the Warriors in the first 5 minutes. Absolutely scorching..!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well the 1st quarter has been very solid for both teams. Durant is on fire from 3. 34-28 Warriors after one.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
The first quarter tonight was SOOOO Much better than last game!

Genuinely hope Durant is ok. That didn't look good.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well Durant tried to make a move on Ibaka and he tweaked his leg again. Lets hope it isn't too bad. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Well Durant tried to make a move on Ibaka and he tweaked his leg again. Lets hope it isn't too bad.

That's not normally an area you "tweak", is it? No contact, and he immediately knew it was done.
I had something similar happen, and it was a real problem. I'd be surprised to see Durant back in the series.

But hey, Boogie looking real good since coming in.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Okay Cousins is making an impact off the bench in less than 2 minutes with 7 points.  Okay Cousins.   

As for Durant I just hope it isn't anything serious just for the health of him long term.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Soren

• View Profile
It's clear now that he wasn't ready to come back.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
OMG. Does Steph always hunt for fouls this badly, and whine and complain when he doesn't get them?
A few of those shot attempts were Houston level BSery.

(I kid you not, I've lost some respect for him this series. The guy has so much pure talent that the flopping and contortions detract from.)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Looks like Durant is out for the game and will get a MRI tomorrow.

Also this run by the Warriors and this 3 point percentage as a team. My goodness Warriors.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
84-78 start of the 4th quarter for the Warriors.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
So just at the 5 minute mark... the game clearly isn't over, but it feels like Kawhi wants this badly.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
103 to 97 Raptors with 3:05 left.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Ugh there will be a game 6. 106-105 Warriors.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Raptors had the game where they wanted it and took a nice little lead, but in the final minutes GS stayed super cool while Toronto seemed to get ahead of themselves. They won the game with a few nice threes when the pressure was on.

Speaking of threes though, you have to figure that the percentages from this game (25% Toronto, 47.6% GS) will even out a bit in one of the next two games. I'm still betting on Toronto winning; hard to say when though.