Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 687615 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Glad to hear that Thompson will be back. He's a great player and watching him shoot is an absolute pleasure.

I hope the Raptors trounce them again in game 4 - which would make 3 easy wins in 4 games. Although even if that were to happen, people will make excuses rather than give Toronto any credit.  (That said, it would be a bit shocking if Golden State doesn't find a way to win. They need this game, they'll be playing at home again, and even after injuries they have more all-stars, maybe even hall of fame, players on the court than their opponents... Another loss would be pretty embarrassing.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So the first deal in the offseason has happened. Nets trading Allen Crabbe, #17th pick in 2019, and protected first in 2020 to the Hawks for Taurean Prince and a second round pick in 2021.  This is going to clear 19 million for the Nets so they would have cap space for 1 Max free agent and even retain DeAngelo Russell if they like.  If they let DeAngelo go then that is two max slots for free agents.

As to the injury news I am wondering if KD will be able to play this series if it doesn't go longer than 5 games. It is nice to see Klay back for game 4 though. Should make things more even for game 4. It will make things more balanced as far as players go.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Biggest NBA news of the offseason: Paul Pierce's legendary 2011 Finals return to a game after being carried out from that game in a wheelchair was caused by him pooping himself.

Second biggest news: Adam Silver wants west coast games to start at 6pm local time.  Mark Cuban is cool with it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Has anyone noticed that the Warriors have scored 109 points in all 3 games so far?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yep. It is pretty amazing to score the same in wins and losses.  I guess that is the metric that they need to keep the Raptors under going forward if they want to win.  I just looked it up and the offensive rating of the Warriors are 115.5 and the defensive rating of the Raptors is 103.6, average those out and you get, wait for it,... 109.55. Funny how that works out.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
There's something so satisfying about analytics working out like that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
It is looking like Looney isn't out of the series quiet yet. Klay is returning tonight as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
That first quarter wasn't pretty. At the half I am thankful that the Raptors are only down by 4.   Gotta get some stops and some production off of turnovers in the 2nd half.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
I don't know they need more stops - maybe just hit a few of those wide open 3s.
Honestly, I like the way that Raptors are playing better than Warriors so far. Neither team shooting well though. Whoever starts hitting from outside first will have a huge advantage.

Does Klay Thompson have the most beautiful shot in the NBA?  Although watching Curry's overall action is often more enjoyable, I think that Klay's shooting form is a work of art.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Klay has been impressive this game.  This 3rd quarter things are going back and forth and no lead seems to be safe.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
End of the 3rd quarter and Raptors up 79-67. Ibaka  has been huge off the bench with 15 points in 14 mins to help out Leonard who has 31.  24 points between Ibaka and Leonard in the 3rd quarter.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Oh no VanFleet. Got a bloody eye from Livingston after an attempted basket.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
No intent or anything, but wow... that elbow looked nasty.  Hopefully not a concussion, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see VanVleet miss time afterwards. That would be a big loss for Toronto on both sides of the floor.

Thankfully for the Raptors, Ibaka has been a beast tonight.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah it was Livingston trying to angle himself around Ibaka and his momentium just leading his elbow back after the shot attempt where VanVleet was waiting for the rebound.   

This 4th quarter hardly anyone has scored but the Raptors defense is coming through.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Wow. The shots that Toronto is manufacturing have consistently been so good this game.  Tons of open shots from all over the court. If they hold on to win, will anyone give them credit for outplaying the Warriors on both sides? Not likely.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Raptors I think has been playing wonderfully on both sides of the floor. With the defense they have the right personal with the different lineups Kerr plays and the right X and Os. Offensively they are finding the right shots and having that extra pass to get points.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Raptors are going to win this one. 105-92
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
That didn’t go according to plan.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Yeah, this is pretty much over.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• View Profile

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I mean coming back from a 3-1 lead has happened before and the Warriors have done it versus Durant's Thunder but it may take more of a team play from the  Warriors in points and not one or two players going off.  Lebron did it with Love and Irving in 2016 but the Warriors may not have enough to do it versus this tough Raptor defense.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Regardless of the record, Warriors are one of the most dangerous teams in the NBA.
You feel like Toronto should be able to win one game out of three... but all kinds of things could happen.
I will say that it would be insane if Raptors win the title during one of their home games. Toronto would go absolutely nuts!

Over the last 8 games (vs Warriors and Bucks) Toronto has gone 7-1 and looked pretty convincingly like a team that deserves the championship... Here's hoping they can finish it off.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Ugly game tonight. Warriors just didn't bring it.
I was surprised to see Looney was back, but Cousins is a liability is he ain't putting up 20/10/5

I still think last game may have had a swing to the Warriors if the refs hadn't missed 2 goaltends, one of which was very blatant and even shown in replay, and then didn't call a foul on Cook when Lowry threw himself in front of Cook taking away a Curry 3.
But that game is gone...

This game was... Just played better by the Raptors in the stretch. If the Dubs could've just stopped turning the ball over, and actually scored, they should've had va very comfortable lead early on, but nope. They wasn't in the cards for tonight.

Maybe we get the next one, and then Durant comes back in game 5 and gives us that little extra we need to overcome all these damn injuries and hungry Raptors.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:16:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
It is going to be a stretch if the warriors can get KD back for game 5 on Monday which is an elimination game but if the warriors can pull it off on the Raptors home court maybe KD comes back for game 6 and see if anything changes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss