Author Topic: Details on Mega Man X Collection  (Read 3803 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Details on Mega Man X Collection
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:23:05 AM »
According to Games Are Fun:

- At least 4 and 6 will be re-dubbed, and it's possible the entire series will get voice-acting.
- The studio handling the voices will be the same as X8 and Command Mission, which supposedly did a much better job than previous dubs.
- Best of all: The GameCube version will have configurable controls!

Personally, I have a lot more fond memories of the original series, it's a crying shame Mega Man Anniversary Collection didn't have configurable controls, but this package offers three games I've never played before and configurable controls which all sounds great.  I might just get this one on launch day.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Details on Mega Man X Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 07:43:47 AM »
"The GameCube version will have configurable controls!"

Thank God.

"it's possible the entire series will get voice-acting."

BOOOOOO!  Voice acting for retro games SUCKS.  For proof of this see Nintendo SNES-to-GBA ports where the characters won't shut up the whole time.  Mega Man X2 & 3 would be what I would get this collection for (I have X1 and don't care about the Playstation games).  If they're not pure unaltered ports then I won't bother and I'll just continue my search for original SNES copies.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 09:07:09 AM »

But rest easy, purity freaks - Capcom has said that if a dubbing of the first three games does happen, the option to have the voices in the games on or off will be included, appeasing everyone.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE:Details on Mega Man X Collection
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:01:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"The GameCube version will have configurable controls!"

Thank God.

Mega Man X1, 2, and 3 already had configurable controls.  Let's not give credit to Capcom/Ports-R-Us for including something that should be there in the first place.  To not include that would cause GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGARR ON THE INTERNETS.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Shin Gallon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 02:26:19 PM »
I'd be much happier if they gave us an option to have the Japanese voices, because the dub voices (like all dub voices) made my ears bleed...
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 09:49:33 PM »
The voices from the old show would make my day.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 06:57:42 AM »
Complaints 'r us, I guess.
Of course they should have had configurable controls in the first collection, but that doesn't mean I can't be relieved to hear that they will have them instead of screwing up again.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 07:00:40 AM »
Ians complaining that ports ARE NOT completely unaltered now...  sheesh.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Professor Gnarly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »
I've never played any of the original Mega Man games such as the ones in the Anniversary Collection.  Yet, I was going to pick it up but then I heard that the controls weren't too good(B jumps. A shoots).  So should I wait for this or pick up the Anniversary Collection?  Right now I'm really leaning towards Mega Man X but I still don't know much about the series in general.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 05:26:05 PM »
"So should I wait for this or pick up the Anniversary Collection? Right now I'm really leaning towards Mega Man X but I still don't know much about the series in general."

Well they're different games so you could always get both.  In my opinion the original Mega Man X is by far the best Mega Man game but the quality supposedly drops in that series pretty quickly.  I wouldn't get the Anniversary Collection because it's broken.  I would wait and see if Capcom supports the Rev's download service.  Then you could get the originals with normal controls for probably less money.   The only part of anniversary collection that wouldn't be available on the Rev would be Mega Man 8 and that's not really an essential title or anything.  Using the same logic for Mega Man X only the first three games would be available on the Rev.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 06:07:01 PM »
yeah, don't get the original collection because the controls are a bit of a problem. It really should have been customizable.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 07:38:37 AM »
The controls didn't bother me, it was overall production of the ports that killed the original MMAC for me.  I would've thought using the ADX format for music would've been a given just for authenticity.   At least infinite looping would've worked then, but NOOOOOO, let's just throw an entire 8 to 10 minute 8bit track on there for every stage so it can take up way more memory than it would've ever needed to.  If this collection doesn't use the ADX format I'm yelling blasphemy.

Offline Professor Gnarly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 12:07:48 PM »
I'll definitely wait until Mega Man X comes out.  Hopefully Capcom will join Nintendo's DL service.  I could always pick up the anniversary collection later on.

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 06:21:32 AM »
I'd definatley reccomend Anniversary Collection to anyone. Yes, the sound is borked, controls dont have the usual A/B setup, and the main menu is lame looking. But its still got quite a nice effort. You're getting the 8 main games and 7 still has the secret 2 player mini game, along with the secret tune for Shade Man. Mega Man 1-6 have the helper hints from the PSX Collection (Which is why it has the improper looping music) The control setup I feel, though it could've helped if it had the standard A/B setup, it doesnt mean the game is impossible to play. Just have the tip of your thumb over the B button, that way you can go over all of the buttons on the GCN controller. Its not uncomfty, and helps you have access to all the 'cheater' buttons like rapid firing and sliding.

I noticed Capcom released MMAC with a slight change in the cover, is the actual game itself changed any?
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 09:20:25 AM »

I noticed Capcom released MMAC with a slight change in the cover, is the actual game itself changed any?
Are you referring to Capcom replacing Dr Wily's flying skull ship with a circle that says "ten games in one"?  If so, there's no change.  They made that change almost immediately after releasing the game.  I'm not sure why--maybe Wal-Mart had a problem with flying skulls.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 07:34:53 PM »
The PS2 seems to have a 3rd variation where the 10 Games in 1 tag is connected to the logo, and freeing Dr. Wily.

Anyway, that is a shame. Its also a shame the PS2 and GCN versions continue to be on sale for $29.99 as the XBox version is $19.99
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 09:15:53 PM »
The prices are adjusted for demand. I.e. the Xbox users don't buy it.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 11:27:31 PM »
That's just because the Xbox version came in late, and the game had already ran it's course on the GameCube and PS2.

- The Xbox version has controls that aren't borked (supposedly, as I don't have first-hand experience on this), unlike the PS2 and GCN. Still not customizable.

- The Xbox version has the remixed audio that the GameCube version didn't have.

- The Xbox version has the GameCube's so-called "exclusive" Keiji Inafune G4 interview, and one episode of "Megaman NT Warrior" (the PS2 version had two episodes of the campy old American Megaman cartoon).

- The Xbox version launched with a $19.99 MSRP.

The Xbox version seems to be the best version available. There's not much reason to get the GameCube version. Aside from, y'know... that being where most of the fans of the series are.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi