Author Topic: Rumor: Revolution FPS By Ubisoft?  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Rumor: Revolution FPS By Ubisoft?
« on: November 14, 2005, 03:49:17 PM »
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Rumor: Revolution FPS By Ubisoft?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 04:02:27 PM »
Nice to see Louie in fine form. I wonder if he found a potential Mrs.Louie and had some kittens. He should love Nintencats...

Anyways, Ubisoft making an exclusive? With Nintendo no less? That's a bit rich. A new multi-platform FPS franchise that capitilizes on the Rev controller? More believeable.  Now if they can throw some free online play in the mix...

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Rumor: Revolution FPS By Ubisoft?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 04:06:09 PM »
I'm going to say that I think that quite a few devs will give the Rev at least one exclusive title right off the bat to test the waters...If the Rev is successful, then we could see more...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:07:22 PM »
I have to agree.  Ubisoft has been King of Multiplatform for over a generation.  I don't think any amount of moneyhats could sway Ubisoft from its write once, release everywhere philosophy.  Ubisoft certainly wouldn't be above a multiplatform game that pays special mind to Revolution's controller, considering it has worked with Xbox Live and significant GBA connectivity (!).
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline mkeyes

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 04:22:05 PM »
Welcome Back Louie! Please post more rumors even if they're farfetched or better yet how about Louie reviews Nintendogs, that would be a hoot

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 05:56:36 PM »
I was wondering where Louie went.  Yay!

It's kind of funny, I played BG&E for the second time just last week.  The first time was shortly after it came out nearly two years ago...  Mmm, fun game.  Never been too keen on Tom Clancy first-person shooters, but at least with the Revolution controller even those kinds of FPSes could be fun again.

It seems like in recent years some developers like EA and UbiSoft have been putting out versions of games on up to three consoles and the PC.  They really know how to go multi-platform.  Probably good for profits if you can develop a game that can be easily converted/recoded to another platform.  For them to make an exclusive, well, they would probably want to really make good use of whatever exclusive features there are; in this case, the unique controller (unless Nintendo has more tricks up their sleeve).

(Given the controller's natural FPS fit, you'd expect an FPS to come along at some point.  Then again, I would've thought there would be more touch-screen menu RPGs on the DS by now...  )

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 06:15:09 PM »
Oh yeah sure.  It's easy for them to go multiplatform when the games for non-focus platforms are developed with minimum effort, and therefore yield crap.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 05:22:09 AM »
Perhaps this one game will be PC and Rev-only?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 08:36:36 AM »
Thats one of the advantages of the controller, it helps with exclusives, maybe the game is just crap with any other control configuration and is worthless to port it.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 05:33:27 PM »
Basically any shooter that comes out around launch for the Revolution is going to be a must buy just for the control experience.  They will be the first first person games to ever use a free hand remote.

Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 07:39:49 AM »

Originally posted by: nemo_83
Basically any shooter that comes out around launch for the Revolution is going to be a must buy just for the control experience.  They will be the first first person games to ever use a free hand remote.
That's what they said about GoldenEye Rouge Agent and the DS and we all know how well that turned out.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 08:53:21 AM »
I love you Louie!! you're teh roxzors!

Heh sounds intresting to me, it does sound like something ubisoft would do.
If they wanted they could put far cry as well, not that I know how good that game is.

But REv definately would lend itself better to FPS type games than any other controller
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 03:19:33 AM »
Golden Eye: Rouge Agent??? Scout out the newest trends, apply makeup to blend into the crowd and dis unpopular people? Or do you mean Rogue Agent?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »
I hate you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 09:42:34 AM »
Nah, Rouge Agent is the new EA/Sega spinoff!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~