Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Confirmed for North American Release  (Read 23659 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles Confirmed for North American Release
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Three minute Xenoblade trailer is sitting on your Wii's Nintendo Channel if anyone is interested!!
Or, you know, in the original post.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 05:42:31 PM »
Pre-Ordered from Gamestop to make absolutely sure I get it.

Anybody know if Nintendo's store charges tax in Massachusetts? I'm guessing no, as they don't have a physical presence here.  If that's the case, I'll cancel the Gamestop order and order it straight from Nintendo on 12/19.

That is what I did, I preordered with Gamestop but if I can find it cheaper without tax (or shipping) I'll cancel my order there and pick up at Nintendo's store. But right now I want to make sure I have the game locked in, so I don't miss out!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »
So... Pre-orders start tomorrow on Nintendo's page.

Think it'll go up at Midnight Pacific or sometime during the day?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2011, 01:21:01 AM »
I'm guessing sometime during the day sort of like how Steam doesn't update until 10 PM PST.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2011, 04:22:59 AM »
Preorders are up and running at Gamestop.  Doesn't state anything new so it looks to be an straight version of the UK one.  $49.99 standard pricing release date April 2.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Pre-orders are up on Nintendo's online store.  I just pre-ordered my copy.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
Well if you want to save money or if you just want to play now, used copies are Ebay dropped right off the deep end.  I ended up winning my copy for $25 shipped and should get it by x-mas and I've seen it go for even less (right now there's two copies that are up for auction and they are selling for less than $10 with only a couple hours to go.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
Ah, the Nintendo store has a US$5 cost for standard shipping. I was hoping for free shipping but this is to be expected from a store that probably doesn't get a whole lot of business.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2011, 06:05:34 PM »
Actually FFXII had tons of options--if you didn't like real-time you had the option of turning back to turnbased.  Didn't like Friendly AI scripts then turn them off as well and input all commands (some of the later bonus bosses you pretty much had to do that anyhow).

Didn't care much for FFXIII but it wasn't an bad game but like so many other RPGs (ME2 vs ME or Dragon Age 2 vs 1) square took away alot of core RPG elements.  New gamers or casual games seem to like it more that way. 

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »

Interesting note:

The April 2nd release date for North America might not correct.  Looking at the preorder page on the Nintendo online store (either Canada or US), you see this note prominently displayed:

"
We expect to begin by the end of April 2012. A confirmation email will be sent when your order ships.
[/color]"

They don't specify what will begin by the end of April, but if it's not talking about shipping dates then I don't know what the message is there for. Maybe GameStop gets the game early, maybe this message is just giving Nintendo a buffer in case anything goes wrong between now and then.[/size][/font]
NNID: ejamer

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »
I have pre-ordered from Nintendo as Gamestop/EB Games in Canada do not seem to be carrying Xenoblade at all. Must be U.S. exclusive.
So, I have to pay $8 shipping and I am not sure whether or not my order will be charged to me in U.S. dollars. If so, I could get hooped on exchange, depending on the day, and I will definitely be charged an extra 2.5% by my credit card as a conversion fee.

So, thanks, Nintendo, for releasing this game in North America in such a way as to make it the most expensive and incovenient procurement method possible. If they'd just released the damn thing in stores, I could walk into any of them on release day and pick up a copy easy-peasy.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »
While I understand your frustration Fatty, this game is worth it. Trust me. I paid $100 AUD (you do the conversion) and I don't regret a cent of that purchase. It's the best RPG I've ever played. Better than Chrono Trigger, better than Mass Effect, better than Tales of Symphonia.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2011, 12:08:03 PM »
And yet I paid just under $50 CAD (including all taxes, customs fees, and shipping) to import a copy from Europe.  Thanks NoA!
 ::)

That said, the game is really good. Very few people will regret spending the money to get a copy... and I'm even considering picking up a copy from this region for the sake of convenience.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »
I was thinking of getting another copy because there are two Wiis int his house and then I could play it twice simultaneously.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
I was thinking of getting another copy because there are two Wiis int his house and then I could play it twice simultaneously.

I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
If you can afford it, why not? The more copies people buy of this game the better it will serve to convince Nintendo to release other similar games in NA in the future.
is your sanity...

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2011, 03:14:17 PM »
If you can afford it, why not? ...

You've hit the key right there. Not sure I can afford it. I would like to support sales of games like Xenoblade "locally" (that is, in North America) and would prefer to have the convenience of owning the game in a format that can be played on any Wii without any special modifications.

And even if I can dig up another $50 for a new game, would that money be better spent on a different game? Finally buying Super Mario Galaxy 2 is also appealing, or importing The Last Story many months ahead of when NoA releases the game here - assuming they release The Last Story here at all.

If money wasn't limited then I would happily re-buy Xenoblade and sell my imported copy after finishing the game. Since money is a very limited resource around these parts, I'll need to see how things sit closer to the release date.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:17:05 PM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »
I have pre-ordered from Nintendo as Gamestop/EB Games in Canada do not seem to be carrying Xenoblade at all. Must be U.S. exclusive.
So, I have to pay $8 shipping and I am not sure whether or not my order will be charged to me in U.S. dollars. If so, I could get hooped on exchange, depending on the day, and I will definitely be charged an extra 2.5% by my credit card as a conversion fee.

So, thanks, Nintendo, for releasing this game in North America in such a way as to make it the most expensive and incovenient procurement method possible. If they'd just released the damn thing in stores, I could walk into any of them on release day and pick up a copy easy-peasy.

I looked into this and it actually is in Gamestop's computer but they way that the computer is set up it is hard to find. Ask the clerk to manually search for SKU 705128.OP Rainfall posted about it on their facebook page a little while ago about it.
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall/posts/295064313862453
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »

I looked into this and it actually is in Gamestop's computer but they way that the computer is set up it is hard to find. Ask the clerk to manually search for SKU 705128.OP Rainfall posted about it on their facebook page a little while ago about it.
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall/posts/295064313862453
Huh, whaddya know. Its also now up for pre-order on the EB Games website:
http://www.ebgames.ca/wii/xenoblade-chronicles/312135
Gonna check my local store too now.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
I saw Monolith's other Wii game in a shop yesterday for $13. (Australian RRP for games is $99) anyone with a softmodded Wii that wants a copy? Just a reminder that it's also really good.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
I saw Monolith's other Wii game in a shop yesterday for $13. (Australian RRP for games is $99) anyone with a softmodded Wii that wants a copy? Just a reminder that it's also really good.

The recent podcast discussion actually sold me on the game. I love watching (and laughing at) bad movies, and Disaster sounds so bad that it must have redeeming value...

Hoping to get enough money to import Pikmin 2, Disaster, and Another Code R sometime next year.