Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Confirmed for North American Release  (Read 23657 times)

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles Confirmed for North American Release
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »
Because of the Gamestop exclusivity, I'm thinking that it will become hard to find / collectible over a period of time...probably not to the degree of Earthbound, but something similar maybe?
RTR!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
It's not being GameStop exclusive that will do that as much as just the limited print run in general. But yeah, if you want the game, it's not in your best interest to wait very long to pick it up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 11:11:01 PM »
So, just to be clear, this game originally came out in Japan on June 10, 2010. It's coming out in America in April 2012. So... a 22 month wait?

I know it's seemed like we've been waiting a long time for this. But that's a REALLY long time.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
As they say, "better late than never."

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as Nintendo's store allows it. I'm not going to miss this one.

I have a feeling this game is going to end up being a cult hit and copies of it will be extremely hard to find in the years that follow. It will be like Metroid Trilogy all over again... and maybe even worse than that.
Metroid Prime Trilogy is a weird case. It didn't seem to sell very well and most stores marked it down to $20 just to get rid of it... yet now suddenly everyone wants it. Maybe the "Collector's Edition" status caught up with it, who knows. Unless this game is labeled with "Limited Edition" then I don't think it'll attract the same collector's market that MPT does, and anyone who wants this game will be buying it straight away due to the unknown number of print runs it will receive.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 11:27:48 PM »
Unlike the rest of the industry, when Nintendo says something is limited, they mean it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »
Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition says otherwise.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »
The 2nd run sold out faster than the 1st, and they haven't churned out a 3rd.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »
It shouldn't have had a second run in the first place, were it truly limited. And I'm pretty sure it sold over 2.5 million copies. I wouldn't call that limited.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 11:42:34 PM »
Is Nintendo really supposed to be able to say no to massive amounts of people demanding to be able to pay $30 for a SNES ROM on a disc? There's a fine line between sticking to your initial statement and stupidity.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 11:45:14 PM »
That's kind of my point. It's limited only if it doesn't sell. XenoBlade will also get more print runs if it sells. Metroid Prime Trilogy would have gotten more print runs if it sold well, but it didn't.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2011, 12:02:32 AM »
It's limited in the sense that it's a small initial print run. Most other companies call it limited and produce a ton of it anyway. It's also limited in the sense that you're not likely to ever find a cheaper copy of it down the line, and if you don't buy it right away you'll have to pay a ton unless there's a huge enough demand to coerce Nintendo into a second run.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2011, 12:17:10 AM »
For those who imported the game and are wondering whether to sell it or not, my advice is to sell it now because once the game is officially released here in NA less and less people are going to be interested in a PAL version that they have to mod their Wii in order to play. So right now is the best time to sell it if you want to be able to get as much out of it as possible. After Nintendo releases it officially it will be too late.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 02:30:27 AM »
I was reading twitter when I saw the news. I fell right the **** outta my bed. Then, I immediately ran to my computer.

Holy **** balls.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 02:40:02 AM »
I think they will change the voices, hense the 4+ months delay.  The trailer might have the orginal (British) voice acting but that doesn't mean nintendo's not going change it.  Otherwise why wait another 4+ months when the game is already finished?

Just my thoughts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:22 AM »
Nintendo of America should release all of the other import ttiles that missed a north American release through theur website and Gamestop.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:26 AM »
But why change it?  There is nothing really wrong with the voice track on there.  If his Highness was apprehensive taking it to the States in the first place, I think it's safe to say he isn't going to spend a cent more than is necessary on anything, least of all a new voice track.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 02:50:08 AM »
Too much English for the Americans to deal with? I can't think of any technical issues that would require 4 months to fix. I guess it's just another layer in this stupid sandwich.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 02:51:28 AM »
But why change it?  There is nothing really wrong with the voice track on there.  If his Highness was apprehensive taking it to the States in the first place, I think it's safe to say he isn't going to spend a cent more than is necessary on anything, least of all a new voice track.

Especially when this game is getting such a limited release in only a couple smaller venues.  If Nintendo was going to release this game through a store like Walmart, then I could entertain the notion of them re-dubbing it.  But the existing dub is more than fine as it is (it's by far the best dub Nintendo themselves has turned out), and personally I thought the British flavor really fit that setting for some reason.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2011, 02:53:16 AM »
Too much English for the Americans to deal with? I can't think of any technical issues that would require 4 months to fix. I guess it's just another layer in this stupid sandwich.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Nintendo's waiting until April to both get this game away from Skyward Sword and to get it away from Final Fantasy XIII-2; Mass Effect 3; Tales of Graces F; and maybe even Bioshock Infinite on the HD consoles.  The audience for this game likely owns at least one of the HD consoles as well, so those games are definitely threats to Xenoblade's success.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2011, 02:55:49 AM »
Three minute Xenoblade trailer is sitting on your Wii's Nintendo Channel if anyone is interested!!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2011, 03:07:53 AM »
I like that I don't even have to buy this from Gamestop. I may place a pre-order just in case but I want to buy this from Nintendo's online store. What a way to end the year. Now, all I need is for Dwight Howard to get traded to the Lakers and this December will be the best December ever.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 03:21:27 AM »
I would find it hard to believe that Nintendo of America would spend money to redub the voice overs when they were wary of the title making money in the first place. Besides, the English English will add an exotic air to the game.

What I can see NoA doing during the 4 months in the meanwhile is editing the text to US English. I will miss those 'u's and 's's.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2011, 03:22:05 AM »
I like that I don't even have to buy this from Gamestop. I may place a pre-order just in case but I want to buy this from Nintendo's online store. What a way to end the year. Now, all I need is for Dwight Howard to get traded to the Lakers and this December will be the best December ever.

Nah, the Lakers (and the rest of L.A.) need a good long period of losing to make up for all the championships they've purchased from David Stern all these years.   ;)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
Pre-Ordered from Gamestop to make absolutely sure I get it.

Anybody know if Nintendo's store charges tax in Massachusetts? I'm guessing no, as they don't have a physical presence here.  If that's the case, I'll cancel the Gamestop order and order it straight from Nintendo on 12/19.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog