Author Topic: Possible Rumors Regarding the Next Zelda  (Read 8783 times)

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Possible Rumors Regarding the Next Zelda
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2004, 08:03:38 PM »
lol ...thanks Gibdo.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline elementc

• WELCOME TO EARF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2004, 09:17:29 PM »
Insanity... goes well with a large glass of milk.

Offline elementc

• WELCOME TO EARF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2004, 09:19:41 PM »
My opinion on the whole 100 years difference thing is that it is deffinently not enough time for an entire civilization to forget just about every detail about it's past history. What with that whole cataclysmic planet changing flood and all... you'd think that more people would remember something that important over the course of a couple generations. Either that or they had a really bad plague that made people forget everything, or some other bullcrap explanation. I think the best explanation for the timeline is that Miyamoto doesn't care. It's as simple as that.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
RE: Possible Rumors Regarding the Next Zelda
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2004, 12:48:52 AM »
More than likely the 100 year thing was just a translation error. The game makes it clear that a lot more time passed than that.

I would agree with you that Miyamoto doesn't really care about the story line. Aonuma, on the other hand, has promised a couple of times in recent interviews that he is going to try and straighten things out.

Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2004, 05:50:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master
I would agree with you that Miyamoto doesn't really care about the story line. Aonuma, on the other hand, has promised a couple of times in recent interviews that he is going to try and straighten things out.

Bah.... hopefully that was just to get the hounds off his back.  More than likely though, this will just be more suttle clues like "it's more than one hero" (they'll never used the word Link b/c you can name the hero whatever you want)

Like I stated in my last post... people care way to much about some kind of coheirent story arcross the games.

Hmmm, lets see.....

Zelda 1 comes out... You have to obtain the 2 pieces of the triforce!
Public.... umm doesn't tri- mean 3
Zelda team.... Ummmm yeah, see there's this 3rd pillar^H^H^H^H^H triforce of courage.
Zelda 2 comes out... Get that triforce of courage!

That was an easy enough fix... now try doing it across 10+ games.  Bleh.... Ugly... Just stick with a good story for the current game.

-Shecky

PS:  Lttp pretty much hammered out the story of the series, that's when they got serious and laid out the ground principles, 3 triforce pieces, master sword, etc.  that's all you really need.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2004, 06:12:44 AM »

Originally posted by: elementc
My opinion on the whole 100 years difference thing is that it is deffinently not enough time for an entire civilization to forget just about every detail about it's past history. What with that whole cataclysmic planet changing flood and all... you'd think that more people would remember something that important over the course of a couple generations. Either that or they had a really bad plague that made people forget everything, or some other bullcrap explanation. I think the best explanation for the timeline is that Miyamoto doesn't care. It's as simple as that.

Good post elementc....

Yeah they might not have meant 100, probably higher.  They even say many generations...  Maybe Links grandma know more than she's letting on

So good example: If Nintendo wanted to make the whole thing make sense, how would you 'fix' this?
Do you:
a) Just make "100 yrs" some larger value when referenced in a future game
b) Publish a Hyrule errata
c) Make up some other bullcrap explanation
d) Just drop it and move on, letting people use there imagination to go into whatever detail they want ... and make endless threads in message boards on the subject

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2004, 06:28:04 AM »
I think that the time difference between Wind Waker and OoT is sufficiently large.  I used to think that was not enough time at all.  But when you think about it. . . the world flooded in the matter of a day or two, probably.  The few people who made it to mountaintops probably couldn't manage to bring very much with them, just a the necessary provisions.  Most of the history of the world would be lost right then: everything written down and documented.  Memory only works so well.  People tend to remember only certain things, mostly things concerning them and big events like Link saving the world.  Also, some facts distort over time (though I can't think of any distorted histories in WW).  Anyway, point is that what the people could have brought with them, a few possessions and their memories, is about as much as would be needed to have the legends they had in the new Link's time.
Think from 2000 back to 1900.  That's a long time.  Even for a world that documents everything that happens incredibly well, you probably don't know that much.  It just so happens that the Wind Waker world is incapable of knowing even that much.
The only flaw in my reasoning that I noticed was that people live too long.  Link's grandmother was probably born not too long after the flood, if 100 years is the time period.  I'd say 200 would be more reasonable in that case.  One thousand might actually be overdoing it.  Think: 2000 all the way back to freaking 1000.  They wouldn't even dress their boys in green anymore.  The custom would have been forgotten or outgrown.
Yup.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2004, 07:42:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure the 100 year theory was disproven already. Someone said that was wrong in an interview. It must have been a VERY long time since OOT because the Zoras had time to evolve into the Rito. Unless that's one of those overnight things like butterflies or goats.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline elementc

• WELCOME TO EARF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2004, 02:15:27 PM »
1000 years was just an example. Who says they didn't write down as much as possible after the flood anyway?! Like I said before though, it doesn't really matter what we think... let's just forget about it for now and wait until the next game. If crap doesn't get straightened out by that time... everyone who wants to know the details should flood Nintendo with letters. Who knows, maybe it could work.

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2004, 08:55:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Berny
I'm pretty sure the 100 year theory was disproven already. Someone said that was wrong in an interview. It must have been a VERY long time since OOT because the Zoras had time to evolve into the Rito. Unless that's one of those overnight things like butterflies or goats.

Are you really sure the Zora evolved into Rito though?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2004, 05:20:18 AM »
Yes, they did...*points at Laruto scene*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2004, 10:28:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Berny

Ahh that's where one of my theories comes in.

Remember back in OoT When you had to get scales to dive? I think those scales are from Lord Jabu Jabu, whom the Zoras protect.
In WW the Rito have to get a scale from Valoo in order to grow wings. My theory is that the Zoras are a race destined to be the guardians of the Gods and the Gods that they guard give them some of their powers. They also change their form to reflect the power of the God. Therefore the Zoras could have become the Rito in a few years, even perhaps instantaneously.

This would allow Nintendo to add new races and gods and just make them manifestations of the Guardians.

Oh yeh and about the history...

Hyrule is hardly an advanced society. People don't keep records when they have better things to do. People busy survivng an apocolypse are not likely to make copies of lost books. Information is lost. People move on in ignorance.

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2004, 09:20:37 PM »
Did it ever show what happened to the Gorons?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2004, 09:43:31 PM »
Considering that Gorons don't like water, I think it's quite obvious why they disappeared...

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2004, 01:27:29 AM »

Did it ever show what happened to the Gorons?

The traveling mercahnts in WW are Gorons. If you use the deku leaf on them, their hood will blow back, revealing a Goron.

Are you really sure the Zora evolved into Rito though?

Yup, the series is, AFAIK, meant to be a myth or legend (hence the 'legend' in the title), and therefore ridiculous things can happen. The Zora couldn't evolve into Rito in 100 or 1000 years, but the Rito would be physically unable to fly if they existed anyway. Hookshots wouldn't work, either, neither would the ice arrows. The series is based so much on myth, surely it's a little ridiculous to be trying to make sense of the storyline?

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2004, 06:51:21 AM »
Yeh but I'm jsut saying they may have been changed by the will of the Gods.

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2004, 02:31:17 PM »
Not to mention that with all that water, the Zora wouldn't have any reason to evolve into flying creatures....

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2004, 02:32:52 PM »
If you paid attention at all during the game, you'd know that the water was "poisoned"...Ever wonder why only monsters live in it? =P

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2004, 02:51:55 PM »
Hey Bill, did you find a qoute or anything in WW about the 1,000 year thing yet?

Also, are you AQUA over at the ZHQ forums?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2004, 03:55:37 PM »
I just started the game today

And no, I'm not...Do I seem similar? =|

(edit: WTF!?  Aqua's been taking PGC quotes and putting them in their sig there...The pietriots are not amused >=(

Aqua's profile

Anyone care for an explanation? =\

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2004, 04:03:08 PM »
>=| we most certainly are not amused. ESPECIALLY HOW YOU BUTCHERED THE QUOTE HARFGHHJGJ.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2004, 04:03:45 PM »
Cause the guy posted the exact same thing you did about the 1,000 year thing.

Check it out here. It should be the last post. Really weird.  He could have at least put it in his own words instead of copying and pasting it.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2004, 05:11:58 PM »
Yeah, really...I've joined the boards there and asked who he is...I am anxiously awaiting a response... -___-

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2004, 05:15:17 PM »
I bet he's g@y for you.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2004, 05:19:01 PM »
Too bad I don't respect those trying to be me...