Author Topic: Metroid Hunters "noline" aspect  (Read 6359 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Hunters "noline" aspect
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 04:49:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Jale

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede

I have long hoped to be able to fly the Gunship...

I doubt that you will ba able to manually fly it between planets, there should be a hyperspace thing. Probably when flying above planets there should be a Golden-Sun type map, so that there are limited places to land. Also when in citites you should have a sort of 'Air Traffic Control' and you have to find your alloted landing pad. THis could be shown on the second screen!

Might be hard for the DS. Perhaps this should be  GC game.

You know, i think MS might do well to release a Flight Simulator DS...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Hunters "noline" aspect
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 10:01:19 PM »
Flight sims with their virtual cockpits would benefit greatly from the dual and touch screen. Upper screen: window, lower screen: virtual cockpit. The point of a virtual cockpit is that you can push the buttons visible in it with the mouse or on the DS with the stylus.

The whole interplanetary-planetary-surface travelling deal reminds me of Elite 2. Man, we need Elite or X for the DS...

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 03:39:19 AM »
If they do have interplanetary flying then you should get into random fights with enemies so that you can use the guns on your gunship. It would be nice if you could control the gun ont the touchscreen and switch between different cannons while piloting with the + Control Pad. It would make it a really intense battle.  

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 04:48:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
No no.  IGN doesn't actually stand for anything now.  It used to stand for Imagine Games Network when they were affiliated with Imagine, but that was ages ago.

It means nothing? That's rather disappointing. I always assumed it was Internet Gaming Network.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 07:10:09 AM »
Jale: I don't think we should go into the space fights too much, it shouldn't be the focus of the game. Overbroad gameplay options are oneof the traps Derek Smart ran into and I think you know that what Mr. Smart does is something no good game designer should do.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 10:09:58 AM »
Just trying to justify it being called a GUNship

Who is Derek Smart? :S

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2004, 09:15:13 PM »
Mr. Smart is an idiot that insists he is the world's greatest game designer and has produced a few extremely awful games (Battlecruiser 3000AD which was so riddled with bugs most of its "features" would cause a total crash and basically nothing worked as it should, also it was just plain no fun, Universal Combat) and the longest flamewar in internet history. Some say if you type out his name thrice he'll appear and flame everyone after threatening to sue the poster, the reader, the site admin, his cat and anyone that looks remotely like either of these. His games regularly *should* include everything from space combat to ground combat to everything in between and everything is player controlled, whether they really do is unknown as none ever managed to run any of them stable long enough to try it.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2004, 09:58:52 AM »
I'd like to see space missions added to a Metroid game as a short mini-game, kind of like the flying parts in Star Fox Adventures, but much better.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2004, 01:54:57 PM »
That sounds like a cool idea: be able to control Samus's ship as she flies it to various planets in pursuit of different bounties.
My only fear is that taking the idea too far would take away from the focus of the game, an action/adventure/explore system. I've had no complaints with the way Metroid games have been made, so if this is any indication of the skill of the designers, Im confident such a feature as you described would only be implemented if it could be made to fit in seamlessly with the rest of the game.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2004, 02:00:50 PM »
I think Metroid: Hunters should be a spin off of sorts. We have plenty of Metroid explore-em-ups, including MP2 on the horizon. How about we find out why Samus has a reputation as a feared bounty hunter? Nintendo love weaving a backstory, and this is their chance.