Author Topic: Harvest Moon AWL: Ask a question, get an answer!  (Read 14690 times)

Offline Pikkcuber

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Harvest Moon AWL: Ask a question, get an answer!
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2004, 10:36:02 AM »
 I got out my nintendo power and heres what it says
RAISING DUCKS
If you build the pond for 2,500 G and you have six of fewer chickens in your farm, a pair of ducks will appear.  The duck pair will produce fertilized eggs if you have room in the chiken coop (fewer than 8 fowl) and you can sell ducks for 500G.  If you sell your only remaining male and femaler pair,there is no way to get more ducks.

YOUR OTHER KID
Starting in the second year, you can buy a goat from van.  The goat will produce milk once per day for a full season, then it will cease.  Sell the goat milk for 115 G. or make cheese or butter (155 and 150 respectivly). You cant sell the goat.

So it seems that the goat only can produce for one year, you could stop feeding it cause hes of no use after the first year......or would the PETA people come after you?
PikkCuber

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2004, 05:55:45 AM »
Can you dump a bag of fertilizer 30 times in one day, or do you have to do it for thirty days?

How does Tartan work?

Offline RareWare

• View Profile
RE: Harvest Moon AWL: Ask a question, get an answer!
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2004, 06:24:31 AM »
So, its a lot like Animal Crossing in the gameplay?  Is there any kind of goals to fulfill?  I didn't see anyone ask this question earlier and I was curious. TIA

Offline slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2004, 08:01:59 AM »
The gameplay is similar to Animal Crossing.  However, there are goals to fulfill such as increasing the size of your farm assets and raising a kid.  Unlike Animal Crossing, you don't really need to interact with other Harvest Moon players to get the most out of it.

I have a question, since cows only produce milk for 40 days after birth, is there any way to get them to produce continuously without making them give birth again?

Offline dark_eliment

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2004, 07:33:13 PM »
even though i avent got the game yet when i do ill probably be asking the same question can any one answer it?
if you had one thing that you ever wanted what would it be.. just think about it, what would ya say?

Offline babaloulou

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2004, 07:54:20 PM »

Originally posted by: slackerI have a question, since cows only produce milk for 40 days after birth, is there any way to get them to produce continuously without making them give birth again?

No. They give birth, milk for around 40 days, then go dry. Its usually best to impregnate almost immediately since birth takes about a year (30 days of no-milk before born, then a few days of calf-only milk). They will keep giving milk while pregnant, assuming they're still in that original 40 day span.

Unless you're careful with impregnating at the right time, cows usually won't be your most profitable venture (unless you get S Grade Star milk, which goes for 500G+). Trees, in some form or another, are usually best. They live forever, don't require watering after being full grown, produce fruit every year (1 season only), and I believe put out 24 fruits for their respective seasons.  
I'm sorry momma/I didn't mean to make you mad/But tonight, I'm crying in the closet.

Offline slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2004, 07:55:27 PM »
i believe the more active thread for Harvest Moon is in the game play help area of the forum.  Any questions related to the game should be brought there.

Offline babaloulou

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2004, 08:07:59 PM »
More active means less, older posts? Or is there another one in there that I'm just not seeing?
I'm sorry momma/I didn't mean to make you mad/But tonight, I'm crying in the closet.

Offline Salem

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2004, 04:00:25 AM »
 Hiya guys, here's another question...In the game u have the possibility to woo one of three different girls, depending of who you marry, you'll have a different child, and I suposse...a different ENDING. And depending on how you take care of that child, he'll grow and be a different kind of person...So, there will be different endings in AWL, right?...
I'm a musician, a writer who only wants to express the determinations of a Soul..."Los sentimientos regocijantes abandonan espaciosamente mi entidad_ Oscuridad restante. En sueños habremos de vivir"

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2004, 01:33:56 PM »
I geuss so Salem...

My question is:
How long does it take for a cow to start milking after you bought it? I bought my second in the 1st summer, and a year later it still has the question mark over its head when I try to milk it.

Also, did the gamecube ga\me price go down or something? My local vid game store is selling them for 39.99 instead of the usual 49.99.
Thanks

Use Soap
Tyler Durden Says: Use Soap
One time at band camp, I shoved a kazoo up my nose and now I can do this (TWEEEEEET) Wicked Awesome

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2004, 03:47:07 PM »
Hey use soap starting last november about some third party developers (capcom,natsume,whoever makes the ninja turteles game i think) have put some of there games at a MSRP of 39.99 thank god. Nintendo should do the same thing.  And its been really influenceing me.  The 40 dollar price tag got me to buy viewtiful joe when i  might not have.  And i might have bought pokemon coloseum instead of harvest moon if they were both 50.  Nintendo should think of putting some new games at 40$.
PikkCuber

Offline slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2004, 07:31:28 AM »
Use Soap, cows only give milk after giving birth.  Chances are, the cow that you bought did not give birth yet, so you need to breed it.  Either that or its sick.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2004, 05:32:03 PM »
Hey i finally found the game.  It only took 6 hours of driving round trip to find a copy.  Well i was wondering if anyone knew where to buy food for my dog.  Since i cant find any does this mean he  doesn't need any?
PikkCuber

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2004, 06:03:42 PM »
Nah, the dog still needs food. I'm not sure if you can buy special dog food or what, but I've been feeding him 'FAILED COOKING' (Heh, I can't even cook in the digital world) and these little plant things I pick out of the dirt around the place. Poor pointy ear dog. ;__;

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2004, 08:15:24 AM »
Dang, there goes some more money...
What about birthed cows, do they have to wait until after pregnancy?
And, how long do the trees take to harvest?
Tyler Durden Says: Use Soap
One time at band camp, I shoved a kazoo up my nose and now I can do this (TWEEEEEET) Wicked Awesome

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2004, 01:51:48 AM »
Cows: You have to impregnate them and wait about thirty days for them to give birth and then wait a few more days for them to start giving drinkable milk, which they continue giving for about a year.  I'm not sure how long the calves take to grow up, but even if you buy a heifer, it will be some time before you can breed it.  In any case, it's important to always have one pregnant cow to cut down in any downtime in milk production.

Trees take several seasons to reach maturity, then start bearing fruit in specific seasons.  You can shake the tree every day to get fruit, but it seems the seeds are worth a lot more than the fruit themselves.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2004, 03:05:58 AM »
I say we move this party to Gameplay Help.  Especially since people are asking the same questions.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers