Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167670 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #8100 on: March 13, 2015, 12:25:38 AM »
EAD 2 works on Animal Crossing and the Wii _____ games. They are working on Splatoon and are most likely also working on the next Animal Crossing game by now. If Nintendo is serious about getting StarFox and Zelda out this year, Animal Crossing will come out next year.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: March 13, 2015, 01:10:43 AM »
Yes, but given how Wii U releases have been scheduled over the life of the console, animal crossing would be one if the, what, two Wii U games Nintendo releases themselves in the year? I mean full-scale releases. Captain Toad as Kirby honestly aren't huge games with satisfying content. I highly expect Starfox to be priced similarly, which I have stated before.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: March 13, 2015, 02:09:15 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Animal Crossing is going to be a big reveal at E3 this year. I hate to admit it because I don't care for that series at all and I'd rather they work on anything BUT Animal Crossing.

I like this post so much considering you are still rocking an Animal Crossing avatar from the Mafia game you participated in. That should confuse some people.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: March 13, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
I'm full of contradictions, in case you haven't noticed. Hate 3D Land, love 3D World. Hate ORAS, love X&Y. Hate grind fests, love Xenoblade and Hyrule Warriors...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: March 13, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm Khushrenada, sometimes I'm NotKhushrenada, sometimes I'm Anti-Khushrenada, sometimes I'm Pro-Khushrenada. I'm just so conflicted.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: March 13, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
Sometimes you're Khushrenada, sometimes you're ÉpÉuÇɹɥsnɥʞ, am I right?

Love the show and the name, by the way. I don't believe I've ever mentioned it.

In any case, I am going to go out on a limb and say we'll be getting a new Nintendo Direct next week, to smooth out the info regarding the next Mario Kart 8 DLC, Splatoon release, and something else that we may or may not expect.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: March 13, 2015, 03:16:22 PM »
Thanks. Gundam Wing is a show that less and less people seem to have seen as time goes by which is to be expected with all the Gundam iterations out there. I never knew you knew the reference. Very cool.

I agree that we should be seeing a direct pretty soon because the Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros requires a code of some sort according to Club Nintendo and we are running out of time for that to get released and I'd think Nintendo would want to hype it up a bit more and maybe explain more about Mewtwo and if there will be future DLC.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: March 13, 2015, 07:49:40 PM »
I also wouldn't be surprised if we hear about the new Nintendo loyalty progarmme soon, since game registration ends on Club Nintendo in a couple of weeks.

« Reply #8108 on: March 13, 2015, 10:07:45 PM »
EAD 2 works on Animal Crossing and the Wii _____ games. They are working on Splatoon and are most likely also working on the next Animal Crossing game by now. If Nintendo is serious about getting StarFox and Zelda out this year, Animal Crossing will come out next year.

Is it always that way? Does it always have to be that way? Is there not a chance Nintendo might try something different considering they have indicated a dedication to developing games for Wii U and recent business trends indicate they know Animal Crossing sells well on consoles and handhelds. Unlike Pokemon where they go out of their way to keep them separate for some reason.

Zelda games were always made in-house but then they started farming them out. Is there a chance they could farm out Animal Crossing to a studio just sitting around with nothing better to do?

Other than that, seriously what else could it be?

If it is a NEW franchise anything goes but they already have Splatoon they aren't likely to launch two brand new IP's the same year are they?

It won't be Kid Icarus or Earthbound. There is that Fire Emblem game that people stopped talking about but that game is not coming out the same year as X and Zelda no way. A Mario Sports game could be in the works just like they used them to pad the Game Cube library when they lost most major sports games back then. But why would they release another Mario game this year they already have two.

Punch Out was mentioned earlier that could be a possibility.

If its not Animal Crossing, which is fine by me I don't like that series anyways, then what else? The only thing I can think of that would be good for them, Nintendo and US would be teaming up with Hudson and doing a new Bomberman for Wii U those generally tend to do well and that would fit right in with Splatoon coming this year.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: March 13, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »
Hudson doesn't exist anymore. Nintendo should have bought that up when they had the chance. Maybe they still do.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8110 on: March 13, 2015, 10:39:23 PM »
I am sad Nintendo didn't have the foresight to try to buy IPs from failing companies.  Nintendo should have truly been seeking to be the nostalgia gaming company.  Imagine if Nintendo had bought outright the IPs for Bomberman, Mega Man, heck, they could have tried to get Sonic.  If Nintendo did that when the Gamecube launched and then released good games in the franchises for the last 2-3 generations (into the Wii U) they could be in a different situation. 

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: March 13, 2015, 11:05:48 PM »
Nintendo can barely manage their own franchises. I can't imagine them taking on more without also acquiring new studios, which is also costly.

« Reply #8112 on: March 14, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »
I didn't know Hudson was gone. Does that mean nobody is making Bomberman games anymore?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: March 14, 2015, 11:39:49 PM »
Konami have the rights now, I think?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: March 15, 2015, 12:44:36 AM »
Nintendo can barely manage their own franchises.
True, but at least they're doing MUCH better job than any other long-running videogame company.

Did someone say Konami? They have become Metal Gear company, neglecting other series like Silent Hill, Castlevania, Contra. Then they bought Hudson, only to ignore their series as well (though there was some kind of Bomberman online web thingy).

Capcom? Heck, Capcom ruined more their own series than Nintendo ever had.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8115 on: March 15, 2015, 01:32:47 AM »
It's not like buying 3rd parties wouldn't come without manpower.  I'm not sure what kind of oversight Nintendo would need to put on studios, but certainly there'd be enough people to keep the franchises maintained as long as someone was keeping the lights on.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: March 15, 2015, 01:41:10 AM »
Nintendo has basically said they don't like to buy studios when what they really want is the talent. They don't want to get into the situation Microsoft did with Rare where they got the brand and the IPs but all the talent jumped ship. They've also shown that they don't really care much about acquiring IPs.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: March 15, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »
Isn't the new studio Nintendo built only meant for young developers to come up with new and awesome ideas?  I'd rather that than some Bubsy-esq has-been retreads.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »
talking about Konami, Hudson, and Capcom makes me sad. Throw in Sega for good measure.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: March 15, 2015, 08:32:59 PM »
I hope Capcom finds a deep, dark hole and dies in financial ruin. Sadly they can milk Resident evil remakes and Monster Hunter so that isn't happening anytime soon.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

« Reply #8120 on: March 15, 2015, 09:35:43 PM »
Does the world really need any more Mega Man games or whatever the hell else they made though? Mario is fine but you generally don't get one right after another like they did with Mega Man for a while it was a yearly franchise no wonder they killed it. And the way they handled Street Fighter wasn't any better. Sure they learned their lesson with Street Fighter but sadly they regressed with Mega Man.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: March 15, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »
Apparently we do, because Mega Man fans have been complaining about no new Mega Man titles since they stopped making them and foam at the mouth when offered a retread of the same ideas.

Unfortunately, none of the recent ripoffs have been great. I doubt Mighty Number 9 will be, either.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:01 PM »
Unfortunately, none of the recent ripoffs have been great. I doubt Mighty Number 9 will be, either.

Having played the Kickstarter Beta, I can tell you that unless that game has really come together in the last 4 months since I played it, it sure isn't worthy of the hype it's gotten and will probably disappoint a lot of people. That game was ****ing rough in the Beta, which was to be expected of an in-development title but it really felt like the devs hadn't figured out what made their game fun yet. Hopefully they have by now, because I pledged a lot of money on that Kickstarter.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #8123 on: March 16, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »
Mighty Number 9, just looks bad.  The art direction, the animation, the speed...everything about the game is lacking in charm.

It makes me really sad.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: March 16, 2015, 12:52:40 AM »
I am still very fucking pissed with what they did with MML3. Call it major butthurt, it probably is, but I don't care. Fucking assholes.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09