Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3168160 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7950 on: June 01, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
So fake it's not even funny.  The fact it doesn't have Yoshi's Yarn or X on the list pretty much proves it's false since both games will be shown at the E3 Direct.  Those were the only 2 new Wii U titles revealed in the January Nintendo Direct that had actual gameplay footage, and your telling me they aren't going to show them at E3 Direct now, despite the fact both games have been in development for years and will be out in the next year?

Yeah, calling bullshit on that.  Who ever made that list should have at least watched the January Nintendo Direct first.  That way they could have made a list that might be believable.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7951 on: June 01, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
Why do you assume Yarn Yoshi will be in the Nintendo Direct? Nintendo has not said it would. And you assume that and X have been in development for years? Based on the footage, both could have easily been very early builds (like a couple of months max). Plus, both only have "TBA" release dates, no indication they will be out in the next year.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: June 01, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »
I thought it was confirmed that the E3 direct was going to be only for Wii U games?
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7953 on: June 01, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »
It's Wii U focused, but they will probably still have 3DS news (like when they mentioned Wii U stuff in that 3DS Direct earlier this year.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:36 PM »
There'll be at least a 5 minute sizzle reel showing all the 3DS games they have coming before the end of the year, and a separate mini-showcase to go into more depth on them like they did last year.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »
Why do you assume Yarn Yoshi will be in the Nintendo Direct? Nintendo has not said it would. And you assume that and X have been in development for years? Based on the footage, both could have easily been very early builds (like a couple of months max). Plus, both only have "TBA" release dates, no indication they will be out in the next year.

Kirby's Epic Yarn was a million seller and this game is a spiritual successor using Yoshi who's another popular Nintendo character.  This game has much more selling power then Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101, and yet according to that list it's not even going to be shown while those games are?  Plus Good Feel's last game Epic Yarn was released Fall 2010, so Yoshi will have been in development for several years, meaning the chances are pretty much 100% it'll be shown at E3 Nintendo Direct.

Oh and for X, there's no debate for how long it's been in development.  Xenoblade was released on June 10th, 2010 in Japan.  After the Wii U was announced at E3 2011, Monolith Soft released a statement saying they were developing a game for it and were hiring people to work on it.  The team at Monolith Soft behind X is the same team that made Xenoblade and hasn't made anything since then.  So yes, X has been in development for several years at this point as well.

Seriously, you do realize the next year at E3 means from June 2013 to June 2014? Considering how long both games have been in development, yes I'm going to say Nintendo plans on both being released before June 2014 which is why they'll both be shown in the E3 Direct.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7956 on: June 01, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »
You are assuming Good Feel started development on Yoshi right after they finished Kirby. We don't know that. Plus, Nintendo has been known to announce a game and then not show it again for a LONG time.

As for X, that is anecdotal evidence at most. Plus, Nintendo has "announced" they were working on a game before they even started (remember Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Iwata said they were working on it before he even approached Sakurai about developing it).

We don't know how long either has been in development. I do think Yoshi has a good chance of at least being shown at some point during E3. As for being released before E3 2014? Much less likely, especially for X.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: June 01, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
Yoshi should definitely be in E3 Direct.

What they showed us during last Wii U Direct, was obviously made very quickly. Like, here's a photo of Tezuka! He's a big deal (and he IS a huge deal), it's just most of you don't know him! And here's some slapped together screenshots with conlicting artstyles! And some barely finished demo footage!

Oh, and if they blew people's mind with that half baked emergency Direct, i think they could roll out much bigger guns for an event they are supposedly were preparing for a year.

I come on, people!..  Really, really, really?.. They are gonna announce details on the sequel to two of the most amazing games ever! Both are considered the pinnacles of game design!

How come noone's psyched for that

Retro who? Platinum what?

Super Mario Universe is coming, bitches.

i love Platinum too, but come on, they're smalltime compared to EAD
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:38:44 PM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: June 01, 2013, 05:35:41 PM »
I just hope we get some Dragon Quest announcements for the west. Sony really carved out a niche by having somewhat obscure jrpgs on their systems. Nintendo is at a point where they could capture that market early on.
Plus a B2P Dragon Quest would do quite well I would imagine.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: June 01, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »
If Nintendo's smart they're going to show every game they have far enough into development to be able to cobble together a trailer of. They need a big show, and they should be throwing everything they've got at it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: June 01, 2013, 09:44:14 PM »
I just hope we get some Dragon Quest announcements for the west. Sony really carved out a niche by having somewhat obscure jrpgs on their systems. Nintendo is at a point where they could capture that market early on.
Plus a B2P Dragon Quest would do quite well I would imagine.

For me this would be the megaton announcement of the show, well, except for whatever Retro is working on.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: June 02, 2013, 11:22:51 PM »
If Nintendo's smart they're going to show every game they have far enough into development to be able to cobble together a trailer of. They need a big show, and they should be throwing everything they've got at it.

the problem with that is people will STILL bitch that the games aren't coming fast enough.. glad I'm not the type to bitch about such trivial things, so whatever they show will be nice :)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7962 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
I think it's a guarantee that the games aren't going to come fast enough.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: June 03, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »

the real guarantee is that the next Smash can be announced to be released this Xmas and the internet will still bitch that it should of been there at launch (along with all new zelda, 3d-mario, mario kart and every other franchise we know is coming but are too impatient to wait for)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: June 03, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »
Teams don't 'start development' right away on new games once the old ones are done. There are things like planning that happen before development is started. Depending on the size of a studio they could have already started planning before the last game releases or they don't start planning until after the game releases.

I know people tend to mean both when they say 'development' but there can be a distinct difference. It also explain why some planned games take forever to come out or mysteriously disappear.

So those titles are not guaranteed to even release this generation let alone this year. Nintendo has canned projects much farther along than these titles. No reason they couldn't decide to can them now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7965 on: June 03, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »

the real guarantee is that the next Smash can be announced to be released this Xmas and the internet will still bitch that it should of been there at launch (along with all new zelda, 3d-mario, mario kart and every other franchise we know is coming but are too impatient to wait for)

Personally, I don't like Mario Kart being so early in a console's life. Haven't played the 3DS one in ages, and I that might've been different. At least it'd be downloaded to my SD card.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7966 on: June 03, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
Traditionally though, the Mario Kart games always come out early in a systems lifespan. The longest was Double Dash at 2 years after GameCube's launch, the shortest being Super Circuit at just 2 months after GBA's launch.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: June 03, 2013, 11:04:35 PM »

Personally, I don't like Mario Kart being so early in a console's life. Haven't played the 3DS one in ages, and I that might've been different. At least it'd be downloaded to my SD card.

Neither do I. Nintendo's top franchises are event-games to me; having them too early feels like the console is blowing its load and there is nothing left to look forward to. Personally, I don't care when Smash 4U comes out; I finally have some friends who AREN'T Melee hardcore fanatics so after all these years I'm finally enjoying some good multi-player matches in Brawl.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: June 04, 2013, 04:23:05 AM »
One of the things that is great about Nintendo is it doesn't need 3rd parties that much. Its nice when we do of course, but the ultimate snub is inevitable. It is hard to compete with Nintendo on their own console. The balance of games though is what Nintendo needs to work on. I feel this is a goal that will finally be reached this generation.

When we look back, yes there was an initial drought, but Nintendo will come out of it stronger than ever.

That Retro game has a lot of potential, but I never like to get my hopes too high up. I think Nintendo needs to make 1 new franchise thats a heavy hitter.

I would also like to have them revive some franchises they've neglected.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #7969 on: June 04, 2013, 06:37:30 AM »
Guys guys I heard that Macklemore is doing the soundtrack to Retro's new game and it'll be about working to undermine urban street gangs!
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: June 04, 2013, 06:49:27 AM »
You heard wrong. It's actually Eminem and the game's called Acid Ghost.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: June 04, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »
One of the things that is great about Nintendo is it doesn't need 3rd parties that much. Its nice when we do of course, but the ultimate snub is inevitable. It is hard to compete with Nintendo on their own console. The balance of games though is what Nintendo needs to work on. I feel this is a goal that will finally be reached this generation.

I would say that NOW Nintendo needs third parties far more than they did in the N64 or Gamecube eras.  It isn't like just the Wii U has had a drought, Nintendo consoles PERIOD have been bare for the last three years.  The last two years of the Wii were incredibly sparse as well.  Games just take too long to make these days and Nintendo is unable to make them at a fast enough rate to provide anything resembling a healthy release lineup.  These sort of droughts cannot be routine.  So unless they greatly increase their staff to make twice the amount of games, they need third party support to fill the gaps.

I would say at bare minimum a console should have at least one "major" game each month (ie: not shovelware or a port; a game that at least tries to be worthwhile) and Nintendo has proven that they cannot do that by themselves.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: June 04, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
a major game each month is too high of an expectation. Do you expect to pay $600 in games a year or $3000 in games for a console lifespan? I'd say 2-3 major releases every year half seems reasonable to support. A great game is a game you can play for several months though IMO. I dont want to play a game for 6 hours and it be done. I want to play a game thats 10-30 hours and still be fun to play over and over again.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:32:01 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: June 04, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »

Neither do I. Nintendo's top franchises are event-games to me; having them too early feels like the console is blowing its load and there is nothing left to look forward to. Personally, I don't care when Smash 4U comes out; I finally have some friends who AREN'T Melee hardcore fanatics so after all these years I'm finally enjoying some good multi-player matches in Brawl.

I don't know. By having them out early, it gives me hope that maybe Nintendo would then focus on making some new stuff or get experimental. By placating the fans of all these franchises by giving them a new game for that system as soon as possible, hopefully it would mean that they were now unencumbered to make more of those sequels for the console and could branch out into something new and exciting.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: June 04, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
You have a point, but if it happened that way I would be more worried that they'd instead focus on sequels.. That get delayed.. And delayed.. And launch with their next console :p