Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167990 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7525 on: August 26, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
I seriously doubt it would work just as well with anyone else. Hitler's a good central point to the history of the 20th century, which is likely to be the most represented time period on the site, with far-reaching ties and a big enough name to be mentioned in lots of different articles. I don't think there's anyone else it would work nearly as well with.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: August 26, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »
But isn't Hitler too easy then? Why not make it more of a challenge, and have let's say Albert Einstein or Gandhi or something. They were significant 20th century people too, but unlike Hitler they weren't evil.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7527 on: August 26, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
It might work well with Napoleon, but Hitler just has that reach. WWII was an incredibly important event for the 20th Century, and Germany is still kind of a big deal in the global economy.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: August 26, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »
It might work well with Napoleon, but Hitler just has that reach. WWII was an incredibly important event for the 20th Century, and Germany is still kind of a big deal in the global economy.

That doesn't have much to do with Hitler really. Germany was a big Global player in WWI too. They were left in shambles after WWII, the rebuilding took forever. Things didn't really pick up for Germany until they tore down the wall. Actually, the reson Germany didn't have prominence before the 1870's was because there was no Germany, just a bunch of little German speaking kingdoms.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: August 26, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »
I will attempt to try and get this thread back on topic:

Will the Wii U Game Pad be compatible with Wii games? If so, I suppose any Wii game that uses the CC Pro or the Wiimote in NES mode will be able to be played on the Game Pad. Games such as Galaxy and Skyward Sword will not be able to be played, but then again there is that IR sensor on the Game Pad, but the tiny screen is kind of a hinderance to game play.

Is Zombie U the Wii Sports of the Wii U?

Will Retro City Rampage be released for the Wii U? Will that game ever be released for that matter?

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7530 on: August 26, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »
Is Zombie U the Wii Sports of the Wii U?

Why are you asking this of Zombi U instead of Nintendo Land?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: August 26, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »
Zombi U might be the Red Steel of Wii U
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7532 on: August 26, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
How would ZombiU will like Wii Sports? It won't have the same mass market appeal, it won't be packed in, and it wont be most people's first exposure to playing with the game. If anything, I think that role will be Nintendo Land (hell, even Nintendo said that).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7533 on: August 26, 2012, 10:50:53 PM »

That doesn't have much to do with Hitler really. Germany was a big Global player in WWI too. They were left in shambles after WWII, the rebuilding took forever. Things didn't really pick up for Germany until they tore down the wall. Actually, the reson Germany didn't have prominence before the 1870's was because there was no Germany, just a bunch of little German speaking kingdoms.

True, but a lot of things go through WWII or things related to it, at least in my experience. Plus, you can't fight Germany as a modern day power. It can't be hard to link the Euro Zone crisis, the EU, etc. My point was that you don't have to get to Hitler per se, just things that can get to him.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7534 on: August 26, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »
I think ZombieU will be the Red Steel of the Wii launch titles.  An original game that is of average to above average quality, that is bought up by the masses for a unique Wii U launch experience.  It will make alot of money for Ubisoft and a sequel will be eventually made.  However, unlike Red Steel, I don't see the sequel of ZombieU being nearly as cool as the sequel to Red Steel was.

Nintendo Land will try to be the new Wii Sports, but I don't think it will work.  Wii Sports was amazing because it was the first game you moved to play a game and sports are the perfect games to represent the power of movement.  Nintendo Land doesn't have that immediate connection so it won't have the same impact.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: August 26, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
Zombi U was easily the best game on the system at E3. That game's really good, and should not be compared to Red Steel as much as it is.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: August 27, 2012, 12:38:18 AM »

So again, its just because Hitler makes the game easy. Make it a challenge and use someone else. If its too hard to do it in 5 clicks, then make it 7 or 10 or whatever. You can do the game with any person or thing. It doesn't have to be Hitler. To me it sounds like the game is basically you just try to find Germany as quickly as possible, because its through that article that everyone gets to Hitler. That makes it too easy (in my opinion).
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: August 27, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »
Going through Germany's one way, but there are others. Basically any military related article can get to World War II in a couple clicks, and that's another way to get there. I don't understand why you're so opposed to using Hitler for this. Why make it longer than it needs to be?

J.P. Corbran

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #7538 on: August 27, 2012, 01:55:01 AM »
The version I've seen has you getting to the "philosophy" page.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: August 27, 2012, 02:27:51 AM »
Since anyone can edit Wikipedia, its very easy to cheat and edit in a link or two to get you there faster. Just like how Captain Kirk was able to win the Kobayashi Maru scenario by reprogramming the simulation.
is your sanity...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: August 27, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
Focus guys. -_-
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: August 27, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
@chozo...oh chozo (sigh)

Anyway, I am liking what I have seen and heard of ZombiU. I am skeptical, however, that it will be a deep experience. Seems arcade-y. Like the whole point is to survive as long as you can. Get killed, rinse and repeat.

I would like a story and an adventure to play but I am not hopeful about them being included.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: August 27, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
I would like a story and an adventure to play but I am not hopeful about them being included.
You need to get Assassin's Creed III if you want that.  It will by far have the most story and adventure of any launch game.  I'm still hoping that Ubisoft will release a collection of the other four games in the series on the Wii U as well.  I may just get it and replay these games.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: August 27, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »
You need to get Assassin's Creed III if you want that.  It will by far have the most story and adventure of any launch game.  I'm still hoping that Ubisoft will release a collection of the other four games in the series on the Wii U as well.  I may just get it and replay these games.
Yes to all of this. I keep forgetting about AC3.
That bundle would be great, too. Heck, I'd settle for an AC1&2 bundle.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: August 27, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
Mass Effect 3 as well.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7545 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »
@chozo...oh chozo (sigh)

Anyway, I am liking what I have seen and heard of ZombiU. I am skeptical, however, that it will be a deep experience. Seems arcade-y. Like the whole point is to survive as long as you can. Get killed, rinse and repeat.

There is a story mode. I played one of the missions from it at E3.

J.P. Corbran

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
What happened to this thread?
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: September 03, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
What happened to this thread?

I'm guessing there will be rumors coming soon ahead of the Wii U press event next week, but we'll see.  The rumor mill's just dead at the moment I guess.
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: September 03, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
I just checked Zeldainformer.com to see if there was any rumors I could find there to defibrilate this thread back to life, but couldn't find anything noteworthy. Usually BnM and Caterkiller post stuff, but I guess they got tired of it. I just wonder how they managed to dig up their scoop, when mere mortals like us can't seem to find anything.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7549 on: September 03, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »
Most I could find is that Ubisoft's European website is listing the Wii U version of Just Dance 4 as an October release.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20