Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167235 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7500 on: August 24, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »
Majority people live in Suburbs.  Which is really hit or miss on items like Videogames.  I'm not really fond of Tuesday either.  Thats why I mentioned Saturday.  Its an ideal balance.  Though at least Tuesday I can pick up things after work.

I did the math before on the cost for me to make a trip solely to pick-up a videogame at the absolute closest place to me that sells them.  I'm going to use the Government Mileage just for consistancy, $0.555/mile.  To make a trip with the sole purpose of picking up a Video Game it costs me Roundtrip $18.97, 44 miles.   That's easily a Digital release or a bargain on Steam.  That's a big part of why I'm looking forward to a Digital future if the price is right.  If I can buy the same game physically for say $10 cheaper, effectively a $9 mark up, all the extras you get with a physical copy may be worth it. 
Wow, you live that far away from a Walmart or Target?  You are not the majority with this.
I can't fully believe that:
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: August 24, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
Wow, the West Coast is not Wal-Mart friendly.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7502 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
Actually, it is very friendly. If you mean Nevada, about 70% of Nevada's population lives just in the Las Vegas area. The 2010 census shows that about 85% of the US population lives in about 3% of the country. Walmart has 9 locations in Montana, despite having only 998K people. Unless you live in a rural area, it's almost guaranteed you live within 15 miles of a Walmart. Add in Target, GameStop, and Best Buy and very few Americans don't live in a reasonable distance from a game store. Those that DO, probably live far from just about any nation chain (whether electronics related or not).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: August 24, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »
I'm 3 miles from a Publix, Food Lion, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Tractor Supply, Fred's, and Dollar General.

Though just using the 15 miles number that be 30 round trip and that still be $16.65.  You can buy Retro/grade every 18 miles traveled at goverment rates so, that's 9 miles from your home. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:34:58 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7504 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:54 PM »
Ceric's new title should be, "Does his math...and YOURS, too." :P

Intelligent guy, that Ceric is.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: August 24, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »
Ceric's new title should be, "Does his math...and YOURS, too." :P

Intelligent guy, that Ceric is.
He also seems to live far away from all other human establishments.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: August 24, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »
lol No it's not. In the state I live in we have the highest price of gas than anywhere else in the country.

So you live in Hawaii?
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: August 25, 2012, 02:31:06 AM »
interesting wal-mart colonization chart. Also keep in mind western states are bigger and more sparsely populated except in urban areas. Like I live in Arizona for instance...and thats basically where the cities are.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: August 25, 2012, 03:26:38 AM »
Connect the dots and you can see most of the major highways.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7509 on: August 25, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »
lol No it's not. In the state I live in we have the highest price of gas than anywhere else in the country.

So you live in Hawaii?

LOL, good point. California is expensive, but Hawaii's average price is about 15 cents per gallon higher (even DC is slightly more than California).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: August 25, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
What's your guy's gas prices?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #7511 on: August 25, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
LOL, good point. California is expensive, but Hawaii's average price is about 15 cents per gallon higher (even DC is slightly more than California).
DC is nowhere near California, especially after the Chevron refinery fire.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: August 25, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »
interesting wal-mart colonization chart. Also keep in mind western states are bigger and more sparsely populated except in urban areas. Like I live in Arizona for instance...and thats basically where the cities are.

What part of Arizona? I live in Mesa, near Tempe.

And I'm surprised how often threads get derailed here. The mods over at GoNintendo and Nintendo Life would be banning people left and right for doing this. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:47:25 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: August 25, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »

What part of Arizona? I live in Mesa, near Tempe.

And I'm surprised how often threads get derailed here. The mods over at GoNintendo and NintendoLife would be banning people left and right for doing this.
It's the lack of News Tendo.  If there was actually a good amount of Rumors or Nintendo News Insano or UncleBob would probably come in and say "Hey, stick to the topic at hand."  They tend to be looser within the rules when it is a really slow news period.

Luckily, gas is "cheap" in Tennesee.  If it was West Coast prices with how little the pay is compared to the West Coast and how under developed the Public Transportation system is it be devastating to the Tennessee Economy. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
RUMOR: I heard that Gas prices are actually gonna go up again before this summer is over...
but that they will drop again right before the elections.

discuss. and stay on topic this time

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7515 on: August 25, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
And I'm surprised how often threads get derailed here. The mods over at GoNintendo and Nintendo Life would be banning people left and right for doing this. 

I don't see the point in banning people for that. Why not let the discussion go where it will? If people get upset about the derailment they can take steps to get it back on track. Especially in a thread like this, which is a fairly loose topic, it's best to let it go. Maybe somewhere like TalkBack, where you're responding to a specific topic, things should stay on topic a bit more, but I still wouldn't go as far as banning people for going against that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7516 on: August 25, 2012, 09:33:14 PM »
Forum topics are like reading wikipedia articles. Eventually you just end up at Hitler.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: August 26, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »
Forum topics are like reading wikipedia articles. Eventually you just end up at Hitler.

The overwhelming majority of wikipedia articles I've read have nothing to do with Hitler. So I think that is a myth.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: August 26, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
I believe he was talking about clicking through links from article to article. There's a fun game that I think I originally learned about on these forums, where you click random article and have to navigate from that one to the one for Hitler in 5 clicks or fewer. More often than not, it's possible, unless you end up starting with a stub.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: August 26, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
I live in both Coolidge and Tucson Arizona, Right now Coolidge/Casa Grande is $3.3-$3.4. When I was in Tucson a month ago it was $3.19 at the Safeway on Broadway and Campbell. Apparently that is the cheapest gas price in the country.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:43:36 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: August 26, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »
Florida last month was $2.95. Right now in WA it's $4.21.

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: August 26, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
I believe he was talking about clicking through links from article to article. There's a fun game that I think I originally learned about on these forums, where you click random article and have to navigate from that one to the one for Hitler in 5 clicks or fewer. More often than not, it's possible, unless you end up starting with a stub.

Haha, awesome.  I hadn't heard of that before.  I just got to Hitler in exactly five clicks starting at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku_(spirit) (from there it was anime,Rankin/Bass,Red Baron,Germany,Hitler).
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7522 on: August 26, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Right now in WA it's $4.21.

Maybe some places, but the average in Washington state is $4.01

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: August 26, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
Luckily, gas is "cheap" in Tennesee.  If it was West Coast prices with how little the pay is compared to the West Coast and how under developed the Public Transportation system is it be devastating to the Tennessee Economy.

Our public transit largely blows too. The only city around here where you can go without a car is San Francisco. So that $4+ a gallon kinda hurts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: August 26, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »

Why does it have to be Hitler? The game would work just as well with any famous enough person, place, object, or thing. Its weird how out of the billions of things the game COULD be about, people choose Hitler.
is your sanity...