Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167605 times)

Evan_B and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7475 on: August 20, 2012, 11:27:34 PM »
but but the controller is still tethered! Nintendo not understanding wireless technology confirmed.

Or maybe it's because they don't want people attending events to steal the Wii U GamePad, since the GamePad is wireless and we've known that for quite some time.

I think he forgot to use this

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7476 on: August 23, 2012, 03:31:13 AM »
A little more on the accomplishments. I final was able to see a closer view of ZombieU's Gamescon build. It seems there is a pop up message on the right of the screen. It seems to have to do with MiiVerse since it pops up what others are doing in the game at them time. And sometimes there is a trophy like icon in the pop. (The feed usually is this person gets infected or kills their last avatar.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CZvGfAfV0JM

Just a warning this person has a really slow start.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
An October Release Date?
« Reply #7477 on: August 23, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
Cool video BlkPaladin, I actually jumped at one portion. I hope those are the accomplishments.

From this coming saturdays Pach Attack.
http://twitter.com/#!/rohanlikespants/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FLj8YbChO

Uh buh bo...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:24:50 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: August 23, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
Nintendo doesn't launch hardware on Thursdays.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: August 23, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »
Have Nintendo released anything ever on Thursday? They seem to go with Sunday for big releases and Monday for small releases, then Tuesday for everything else.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: August 23, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »

Nothing stays the same forever.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7481 on: August 23, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

Nothing stays the same forever.

There is zero reason to launch on a Thursday. And Pachter saying it means we KNOW it won't happen.

Mop it up, the Xbox launched on a Thursday (November 15, 2001). That was 3 days before GameCube launched. The Xbox 360 also launched on a Thursday (November 21, 2005). Nintendo doesn't though. Always Sunday or Tuesday (well, sometimes technically on a Saturday as come games would be released at the Nintendo World store on Saturday, then everywhere else the next day).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: August 23, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
It doesn't matter what the day is, people will buy things any day of the week.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: August 23, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
That's true, but Nintendo is a company that's very set in its ways, and they wouldn't move away from Sundays for hardware launches without a good reason. Pachter has proven time and again to know absolutely nothing about what Nintendo is going to do, so don't read anything into that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »
Actually launching on a Thursday would be more reasonable IMO for a system launch than a Sunday, you'll get the entire weekend to play your new system vs just one day. 

Also, Thrusday/Fridays are usually pay days for the working stiff so that kinda helps as well. :)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7485 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »
Sundays are a day that almost everyone has off, and wont require you to miss school/work to get at midnight, making it ideal.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: August 24, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
Nintendo launches software and hardware on Thursdays in Australia. . .  .

Doubt Patcher is predicting the Australian Launch though.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Nintendo launches software and hardware on Thursdays in Australia. . .  .

Doubt Patcher is predicting the Australian Launch though.

He might spin it that way later on so he doesn't look like an idiot, just like how since 2009 or so he was going on and on about how Nintendo was going to make an HD revision of the Wii, but it never happened, and now he's saying that the Wii U was this revision he had predicted... even though everyone knows that's not what he meant.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »
I'm partially surprised Pachter has had something done on the forums with the filters.

It be nice if Nintendo would get off their high horse on Sunday's though.  That is a terrible release day.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
Oooh, a pre-Halloween releaase? Maybe a special Zombi-U bundle? Could be sweet.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7490 on: August 24, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
It be nice if Nintendo would get off their high horse on Sunday's though.  That is a terrible release day.

As I explained though, it's actually not. It allows people to get it without having to miss work or school, and people can line up the night before without missing anything. Pretty much the only issue is if you plan to order it online since you will wait til Monday. I don't see any downside to a Sunday launch.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: August 24, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »

As I explained though, it's actually not. It allows people to get it without having to miss work or school, and people can line up the night before without missing anything. Pretty much the only issue is if you plan to order it online since you will wait til Monday. I don't see any downside to a Sunday launch.
No, Its still terrible.  Simply being most people don't live by a store that sells videogames so you have to make a trip into town to pick it up.  The stores open later and close earlier.  The games have to be shipped there by Saturday anyway. Saturday be a much better day.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7492 on: August 24, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
Most people actually do live close to a game store, it's really just people in rural areas who don't (and that is a small percentage). How is Sunday worse than something like Tuesday, when most games and movies are released?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: August 24, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »
I live 25 minutes from the nearest video game retailer. Hell, I live 25 minutes away from anything.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7494 on: August 24, 2012, 02:00:27 PM »
25 mins is not bad, it's pretty reasonable actually.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: August 24, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
lol No it's not. In the state I live in we have the highest price of gas than anywhere else in the country.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: August 24, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »
Wow, you live in Washington! Do you shop at Yard Birds up the road?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »
...yes. And Sun Birds. But that too is still 25 minutes away. XD

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: August 24, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
Majority people live in Suburbs.  Which is really hit or miss on items like Videogames.  I'm not really fond of Tuesday either.  Thats why I mentioned Saturday.  Its an ideal balance.  Though at least Tuesday I can pick up things after work.

I did the math before on the cost for me to make a trip solely to pick-up a videogame at the absolute closest place to me that sells them.  I'm going to use the Government Mileage just for consistancy, $0.555/mile.  To make a trip with the sole purpose of picking up a Video Game it costs me Roundtrip $18.97, 44 miles.   That's easily a Digital release or a bargain on Steam.  That's a big part of why I'm looking forward to a Digital future if the price is right.  If I can buy the same game physically for say $10 cheaper, effectively a $9 mark up, all the extras you get with a physical copy may be worth it. 

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: August 24, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »
Majority people live in Suburbs.  Which is really hit or miss on items like Videogames.  I'm not really fond of Tuesday either.  Thats why I mentioned Saturday.  Its an ideal balance.  Though at least Tuesday I can pick up things after work.

I did the math before on the cost for me to make a trip solely to pick-up a videogame at the absolute closest place to me that sells them.  I'm going to use the Government Mileage just for consistancy, $0.555/mile.  To make a trip with the sole purpose of picking up a Video Game it costs me Roundtrip $18.97, 44 miles.   That's easily a Digital release or a bargain on Steam.  That's a big part of why I'm looking forward to a Digital future if the price is right.  If I can buy the same game physically for say $10 cheaper, effectively a $9 mark up, all the extras you get with a physical copy may be worth it. 
Wow, you live that far away from a Walmart or Target?  You are not the majority with this.