Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167544 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5900 on: March 14, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »
Is anyone interested in Ninja Gaiden 3 for the Wii U?

Sure!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5901 on: March 14, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »
I actually agree all the other Mario RPG games were better than Super Mario RPG.  I played the game first on the Wii...so I didn't have any tainting of the game system being revolutionary at the time...which should get points at the time, but should not have any real determining factor which is more fun and enjoyable in the future.

When I look back at Super Mario RPG, I thought the controls in the overhead exploration were not perfect...and it caused problems for me.  I thought the characters were bland.  Yeah...I am looking at you toy man Geno.  Boring.

I thought the gameboy advance Mario RPGs are by far the best with a great sense of humor not often found in RPGs.  An action combat system that is nearly perfected.  Yes, Super Mario RPG did it first, but it is so much better in the GBA Mario series. 

But in the end, these are all opinions, so to each his own.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Silicon Knights definitely working on Wii U
« Reply #5902 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »
oh, and Silicon Knights is working on something for the Wii U... but we already kinda knew that didn't we ;)

What we don't know is if it is Eternal Darkness 2 or not
http://pileon.ca/?attachment_id=211
check out this resume for yourself

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: March 14, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »
Could be the sequel to Too Human, as it ended in a way that hinted at a sequel... actually, I remembered now that they said it was supposed to be a trilogy. Oh well, Eternal Darkness 2 it most likely is.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: March 14, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »
I would love a Too Human sequel. The first was a solid game with some problems, and if they had the opportunity to hone what they had and fix the flaws a sequel could be great/
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »
Could be the sequel to Too Human, as it ended in a way that hinted at a sequel... actually, I remembered now that they said it was supposed to be a trilogy. Oh well, Eternal Darkness 2 it most likely is.

But if you look back on the list, Dyack said they are working on their most requested title of this gen and I'm sure that could only be ED2

Silicon Knights making ED2?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: March 15, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »
It's been rumored for quite a while now that AMD & IBM have been developing the Wii U together somewhere in India for the last 2 years, but now there are some resumes out there that back this up. But I'm only gonna quote the one with the most direct evidence.

I decided to go ahead and post the other 2 just for the hell of it. ;D

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: March 15, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »
What does all of that mean?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: March 15, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
It means that the Wii U GPU has been under work since atleast June 2009 somewhere in India where AMD has a research and development pretty damn close to a IBM research and development place also in India.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: March 15, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »
I would love a Too Human sequel. The first was a solid game with some problems, and if they had the opportunity to hone what they had and fix the flaws a sequel could be great.

Indeed.

But if you look back on the list, Dyack said they are working on their most requested title of this gen and I'm sure that could only be ED2

Wouldn't that mean they would have to work with Nintendo again?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: March 15, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Has this rumor been posted yet?

http://www.gamezone.com/products/wii-u/news/rumor-wii-u-to-get-three-new-franchises

Three new franchises, 70 games in development (10 by Nintendo) Multiple price points

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: March 15, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »

Wouldn't that mean they would have to work with Nintendo again?

Nintendo does still own a portion of the company.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/wii-u/news/rumor-wii-u-to-get-three-new-franchises
Three new franchises, 70 games in development (10 by Nintendo) Multiple price points

yeah.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg723117#msg723117

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: March 15, 2012, 01:05:12 AM »

You just pulled a Caterkiller!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:15 AM »

So... much... wrong...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5914 on: March 15, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »

But nothing happened.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: March 15, 2012, 01:40:26 AM »
I like to call it a "Britta"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: March 15, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »
Denis Dyack teased "making a sequel" like 5 years ago before Too Human was even released. The only logical conclusion is Eternal Darkness because Legacy of Kain is so far away from what Silicon Knoghts originally created and why would Square Enix, the current owners of the IP, feel nostalgic enough to invite SK back to the series?

It makes sense for Silicon Knights to start making games for Nintendo consoles again. I remember reading that they disagreed with the direction Nintendo was going with the Wii. With Wii U hardware supposedly impressing everyone, Silicon Knights probably don't feel like they have to compromise their vision.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: March 15, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
Rumour: Mini Ninjas sequel coming to Nintendo platforms?

Source - http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220810p1.html

Square Enix purportedly filed trademarks and web domain names for Mini Ninjas: Hiro's Adventure. The first game was on both Wii and DS, so it would hardly be a stretch to see the next one on 3DS and Wii U.

I know Mini Ninjas was kind of under-the-radar, but I thought it was a pretty good action-adventure game, even if it was primarily aimed at kids.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: March 15, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
Rumour: Mini Ninjas sequel coming to Nintendo platforms?

I know Mini Ninjas was kind of under-the-radar, but I thought it was a pretty good action-adventure game, even if it was primarily aimed at kids.

Agreed.  It was clearly targeting a younger audience, but avoided feeling like a "dumbed down" game.

Mini Ninjas was a quality title and entertaining enough that adults who are supervising or playing along (or sneaking their own game time) could enjoy the game too.  I'd be happy to see a sequel.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: March 18, 2012, 12:48:08 AM »
Some Speculation from someone who's speculation may be a little more than that.
his sleuthing is what led to this latest entry on the rumor list.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg723379#msg723379
Quote from: wsippel
Since I suspected SoCtronics to be involved in the Wii U design, I dug a little deeper. Turns out at least one of my early conclusions was spot on: SoCtronics did, in fact, work with AMD Hyderabad on a GPU. And at least one more company was seemingly involved: Incube Solutions. Turns out Incube Solutions designs high performance audio DSPs (Incube APS), as well as custom realtime operating systems, drivers and frameworks for high performance multimedia applications.

The part they worked on is a 40nm GPU with GDDR5 interface, ~625 million transistors, which would put it roughly in line with Redwood (5570). Raw performance wise, that part would actually be about twice as fast as Xenos.
Quote from: wsippel
I'm not reaching far, I'm connecting dots:

• The Wii U GPU was in the works at AMD Hyderabad from June 2009 to June 2011
  • SoCtronics worked with AMD Hyderabad from 2009 to June 2011
  • SoCtronics worked with AMD on the GPU I described
  • The GPU in question is not available at retail and doesn't match any off-the-shelf AMD GPU

I figured at worst, this will spark a little conversation around here.
But I remember speculating way back when that the Wii U GPU might be based off an HD5000 series chip where the Eyefinity was already native. If there really are dots to be connected, then maybe I was on the right track after all.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg678745;topicseen#msg678745

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: March 18, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »
I'm not a smoker but I can't resist a BlackNMild every now and then lol.  Looks like your spot on bro.  I literally can't wait till WiiU launches.  I think this could be the first time where I might just be content with one console.  If WiiU can secure a mojority of the multiplatform titles, then I'm set.  Goodbye PS4 and xbox720.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: March 18, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »
and something I want to add to that that wasn't quoted over, the Resumes go till roughly June 2011, which could possibly be the chips that were banged out for the demos at E3, BUT we know that there was a boost in performance at the end of the year, which means that they obviously kept working on the chip and that speculated 5570 could be boosted up to the performance of a 5670 or a 5770.

But I don't know much about the differences other than what is listed here on this wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen_(GPU_family)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: March 18, 2012, 02:02:10 AM »
Oooh, so GDDR 5 then it sounds like? I wasn't sure if GDDR3 was still an option, but this makes it sounds like they're upgrading. But... I remember reading elsewhere that GDDR5 isn't yet coming in small enough, high-density enough chips, so if they want to put a lot of RAM on there they're going to have a difficult job, and the console's going to need more internal room and be larger sized.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: March 18, 2012, 02:45:33 AM »
the console's going to need more internal room and be larger sized.

The console could always be slimmed down later on in a future revision, once the chips can be made smaller.
is your sanity...

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: March 18, 2012, 04:18:08 AM »
heh, BnM hit Jackpot! sound's good, can't wait to see what Nintendo could do with such powah!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res