Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167643 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5125 on: November 30, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
Lots of people has tried risk.  Though you pretty much described Fire Emblem Styled RTSes.

I don't think I've Fire Emblem before, but I assumed it was just like Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics. The thing that would set this apart is the growing dividing armies and the up to 4 player game play. It would be a pretty cool game for Wii U.

Lol at GCN, no way they aren't ribbing people with that. See thats why you have to count on Nintendo's custom chips to not just be what people say they are. I tell people Nintendo has a sweetheart deal with AMD. The president of AMD was the head of the N64 team at silicon graphics. No matter which version of which chip AMD says the Wii U core is doesn't really matter, all the chips are related, and I said it could be creative accounting, but it could just be secretism too. The only way for you to know exactly what the chips are is to look at them with an electron microscope, or have some documentation. Its all kept NDA anyways.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:46:35 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: November 30, 2011, 07:05:51 PM »
Maybe the Wii U will be renamed to "Gamecube  Next" and this GCN will be the core graphics thing of that?
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5127 on: November 30, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »
Not sure they would want to re-use the name of their worst-selling console.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline yosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: December 01, 2011, 02:18:08 AM »
Not sure they would want to re-use the name of their worst-selling console.

I'm a bit disappointed the GameCube didn't sell too well. Imagine how things would have gone differently if it did sell well. The Wii probably would have been equivalent to 360 and PS3 as the GCube was pretty close to PS2 and XBOX if not better than PS2 in terms of hardware.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: December 01, 2011, 02:47:20 AM »
if there was no xbox than gcn would have probably done better.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5130 on: December 01, 2011, 04:05:33 AM »
The Virtual Boy was Nintendo's worst selling console. At least the GameCube wasn't discontinued and never mentioned again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: December 01, 2011, 08:38:10 AM »
If the GameCube performed better, there would be no Wii, at least not as we know it today. Nintendo probably would have released the remote as a peripheral for GameCube as originally planned despite the supposed latency issues. If not, we would probably have gotten it as a peripheral for Nintendo's 5th console. I don't know if I would have wanted things to play out like that. The way things turned out, Nintendo learned a few things by making mistakes and I still got all of the excellent 1st party titles that I buy Nintendo console's for. Wii U is looking like a winner and I don't think we would be getting the same console had GameCube been more successful. It would have made Nintendo justify some of their odd choices like the purple console and limited storage medium.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:39:57 AM by Adrock »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
I don't think the GameCube being succesful would have changed to much coming from the Wii but, I do think we might not have gotten the DS.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5133 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Nintendo did mention how the Wii was supposed to be a peripheral for the GameCube. I would think having a higher selling system would've changed their minds about the approach. The Wii would still probably exist, but perhaps would've been launched as an upgrade to the GCWii, something probably in between what the Wii is now and what Wii U will be.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: December 01, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
if there was no xbox than gcn would have probably done better.

If there was no Halo then GCN probably would have pulled ahead. That was the game which single handedly ruined the 6th generation of gaming.

The Virtual Boy was Nintendo's worst selling console. At least the GameCube wasn't discontinued and never mentioned again.

But the Virtual Boy wasn't a console, it was a handheld..... er, uh I mean it was a portable.... um, well... actually it wasn't portable or handheld, but it had its own display and didn't hook up to a TV so it wasn't a console.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:28:31 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: December 01, 2011, 12:41:50 PM »

But the Virtual Boy wasn't a console, it was a handheld..... er, uh I mean it was a portable.... um, well... actually it wasn't portable or handheld, but it had its own display and didn't hook up to a TV so it wasn't a console.
VB, Defying classification better than the Wii.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5136 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13:39 PM »
The original 3rd pillar.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: December 01, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if VB came back as a system that was akin to just putting on a pair of sunglasses with a wireless controller.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: December 01, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
I think the Gamecube's biggest problem was that it's first impression played into the hands of Nintendo's detractors.  "Nintendo is kiddy" so Nintendo makes the system look like a purple lunchbox.  "Nintendo are behind the times" so Nintendo announces that they won't make online games.  "Nintendo has no third party support" so the system's first E3 shows off Rogue Leader, and virtually no other third party titles.  "The N64 had too big of gaps between releases" so the Gamecube starts things off with a huge post-launch drought.  "Nintendo just does the same thing over and over again" and Nintendo does the "Who Are You?" marketing campaign that almost literally tells people "we're just the same thing over and over again."

Whatever negative opinions people had with the N64 Nintendo seemingly went out of their way to confirm them with the Gamecube.  And the Gamecube wasn't even that bad.  Some better PR work and undoing some really dumb decisions like not going online and it probably would have done way better.  What Nintendo needed to do was tell the world that the N64 was a fluke and that the problems it had were not going to be the norm.  They did nearly the opposite.  And the whole thing came across like Nintendo was utterly oblivious to what problems the N64 had in the first place.  They came across as having learned NOTHING.

The Wii was Nintendo saying "we give up."  "We either don't know what we've been doing wrong or are just too stubborn to change so we're going to focus on a new audience that is ignorant of how idiotic we can be."  And the old videogame audience (minus hardcore Nintendo fans that Nintendo thinks will stick around no matter what) read that loud and clear and wanted nothing to do with Nintendo.  Now with the Wii U what Nintendo needs to do to get the core audience back (assuming they actually give a ****) is tell the world that the Wii U isn't the Wii again.  It isn't going to be predominantly casual focused.  It will have good third party support, it will have cutting edge hardware, it will have current gen graphics.  But will they do that or will it just confirm everything the detractors are saying like the Cube did?  Well they're calling it the Wii U and it sure looks like a Wii so I guess they never learn.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: December 01, 2011, 02:26:56 PM »
I think the Gamecube's biggest problem was that it's first impression played into the hands of Nintendo's detractors.  "Nintendo is kiddy" so Nintendo makes the system look like a purple lunchbox.  "Nintendo are behind the times" so Nintendo announces that they won't make online games.  "Nintendo has no third party support" so the system's first E3 shows off Rogue Leader, and virtually no other third party titles.  "The N64 had too big of gaps between releases" so the Gamecube starts things off with a huge post-launch drought.  "Nintendo just does the same thing over and over again" and Nintendo does the "Who Are You?" marketing campaign that almost literally tells people "we're just the same thing over and over again."

Whatever negative opinions people had with the N64 Nintendo seemingly went out of their way to confirm them with the Gamecube.  And the Gamecube wasn't even that bad.  Some better PR work and undoing some really dumb decisions like not going online and it probably would have done way better.  What Nintendo needed to do was tell the world that the N64 was a fluke and that the problems it had were not going to be the norm.  They did nearly the opposite.  And the whole thing came across like Nintendo was utterly oblivious to what problems the N64 had in the first place.  They came across as having learned NOTHING.

The Wii was Nintendo saying "we give up."  "We either don't know what we've been doing wrong or are just too stubborn to change so we're going to focus on a new audience that is ignorant of how idiotic we can be."  And the old videogame audience (minus hardcore Nintendo fans that Nintendo thinks will stick around no matter what) read that loud and clear and wanted nothing to do with Nintendo.  Now with the Wii U what Nintendo needs to do to get the core audience back (assuming they actually give a ****) is tell the world that the Wii U isn't the Wii again.  It isn't going to be predominantly casual focused.  It will have good third party support, it will have cutting edge hardware, it will have current gen graphics.  But will they do that or will it just confirm everything the detractors are saying like the Cube did?  Well they're calling it the Wii U and it sure looks like a Wii so I guess they never learn.

pfffffffffffhahahahhaha

The Wii was Nintendo giving up? More like Nintendo was tired of getting with the same chick everyone else was hitting on and decided to go find themselves some new pussy.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #5140 on: December 01, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
To follow in your analogy, the chicks Nintendo hooked up with are like married chicks who only put out once and then realize they like making scrapbooks more than sex. Meanwhile, Xbox & PS3 may have the same chicks, but at least they like sex, even at 4 in the morning.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: December 01, 2011, 03:15:27 PM »
Yet PS3 & 360 keep sharing the same chicks, while Nintendo is popping cherries left and right.
Then all those popped cherries are recommending their friends who also get their cherries popped.

And while PS360 have a steady flow of the "same ol hoes"
Nintendo is getting invited to all the parties where there is a never ending supply of new cherries to pop.

--------or--------------

Nintendo is a rockstar who only goes on tour every once in a while and brings in all sort of new fresh groupies along the way.

Meanwhile PS360 are the local band in the local hotspot with their crowd of usuals that constantly request the same old songs or covers from other bands.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: December 01, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
pfffffffffffhahahahhaha

The Wii was Nintendo giving up? More like Nintendo was tired of getting with the same chick everyone else was hitting on and decided to go find themselves some new pussy.

Some new soccer mom and elderly casual pussy.

Yet PS3 & 360 keep sharing the same chicks, while Nintendo is popping cherries left and right.
Then all those popped cherries are recommending their friends who also get their cherries popped.

But it was elderly soccer mom cherries.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:30:58 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: December 01, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
How many 20-something year old girls do you know that own a PS3 or 360? I can only think of one and she is a huge (but cute) nerd. Her favorite thing to talk about other than how she loves zombies is how the human brain works. BTW, she owns a Wii too and she just picked  up LOZSS.

On the flipside, I know 7 girls off the top of my head that own Wiis. They may not own Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime, but they love WiiSports, WiiSports Resort, MK, and NSMB.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: December 01, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »
Wait, what? Soccer mom cherries are already popped. Do you know how sex works?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: December 01, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
Wait, what? Soccer mom cherries are already popped. Do you know how sex works?

I thought we were talking about gaming "cherries", not literal hymens.

But I have seen some pictures of wiimotes being inserted into women. But I don't think that's the sort of use Nintendo would approve of for their products. I guess a Wii mote could literally pop a cherry...
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: December 01, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »
And that's exactly where my metaphor stops being funny.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: December 01, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Using the chick analogy, Nintendo gave up trying to attract the chicks they had been turning off for the last ten years.  That's how they "gave up".  They completely fumbled one audience, so they went for another who was easier to please.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: December 01, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
Not only were they easy to please, but they were eager to be pleased.

Good call Nintendo. Good Call.

---------------------

Instead of chasing the same group of hot but drunk chick at the bar like has always been done, Nintendo stepped out of the comfort zone of dim lighting, loud music and cheap drinks and sought a more sophisticated and often ignored group of women. The ones at the library, the office building, the grocery store, the parking lot at the elementary school, the gym, garden center at Home Depot, etc etc.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:15:39 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: December 01, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »
The ones at the library, the office building, the grocery store, the parking lot at the elementary school, the gym, garden center at Home Depot, etc etc.
My those are quite specific there BnM.  New Haunts?