Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167408 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1875 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
Didn't the original GB actually use the same chip as the NES while the GBC was more powerful?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 11, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »
Technically, it kind of did, except everything was in blackish green/black and white (though the sound was a near perfect match, sometimes but not always sounding better). The only way you could play those games in color before the GBC was via the Super Game Boy attachment. Some games Nintendo released during that era contained a special chip that allowed the SGB to give certain games special backgrounds and color pallets. nintendo geek plz
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 11, 2010, 03:40:42 PM »
The least credible part of the mock-up is what the device is.  It relies entirely on looking cool and its design makes no sense from a practical functionality point of view.  No one would ever want the controls getting in the way like that.  Only idiots who don't think things through for more than five seconds would ask for that.  So a company like Nintendo, or even Sony would never design it like that.  It only works as a mock-up.

As good a point as this is, since Nintendo is usually more about substance over style, I think the best comment to dissprove this system is:

It's tiny next to freaking LAPTOP KEYS.

My spacebar is bigger.

Seriously, who would want to play a handheld the size of ASDFG?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1878 on: February 11, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »
I don't think this announcement will be a new handheld... unless that news that the new Pokemon gen is hitting DS is false....

My gut tells me this is going to be some sort of technical attachment for either the DS or Wii.  Something that enhances the horsepower in some way.

The pessimist in me just thinks this is going to be an announcement for a new wii remote that has motion+ built in.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 11, 2010, 03:51:50 PM »
I think Pessimist Pale is probably right. Also a classic controller pro that didn't require being plugged into the Wii remote could be something too.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1880 on: February 11, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »
Maybe a Classic Controller that you plug the Wii Remote into.

Maybe a Classic Controller that you insert the Wii Remote into.  Wait, that's a guitar.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 11, 2010, 11:39:58 PM »
To sum it up, Sega is the equivalent to a run-down old building.  The building is so run-down, that it'd just be cheaper to make a new building then spend money on remodeling the old one.  Not to mention the foundation of the old building is so damaged, that even if you do remodel the old building, there's a good chance it could still collapse on you even after all the work.  This is why just making a new building is a cheaper and safer choice.

Well, Sega could be turned around through the same sort of process that turned Atari around. Some years ago Infrogrames purchased Atari's name and whatnot and then changed their name from Infrogrames to Atari. The new company isn't like the old Atari in any way, shape, or form, except that it has the same name.

Now, what Nintendo could do is purchase Sega's name and franchises, then shut it down and start a new studio from scratch and give it the Sega name and put them to work on the old Sega franchises. Again, this new studio wouldn't really be the same Sega, but it would have the same name and same familiar IPs so what's the difference?
is your sanity...

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 12, 2010, 06:10:31 AM »
Well according to NGamer, who was the person who said Sonic was going to be playable in Mario Galaxy 2 last week, is now saying this media summit is going to be bigger then the last two E3's combined.

So if Sonic is in Galaxy 2, we might find out pretty soon then.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1883 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »
I have a feeling ngamer is going to be a laughing stock after the 24th.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 12, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »
Yeah, a new system isn't going to happen. I hope the announcements include western release dates for several games Nintendo has only announced for Japan so far (most importantly Zangeki of course).

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 12, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
I think its way too soon for a new Nintendo console to be unveiled. Its only 3 years into the Wiis life, and it is still the top seller, so it would be stupid for them to even mention a successor at this point. I can guarantee they are working on one, though, but even though they're working on it they aren't going to say a word about it until the year in which it launches, and 2010 isn't going to be that year.

I think what is much more realistic for what we will see at E3 is a Wii revision. Revisions have done wonders for the DS in terms of improving capabilities or boosting sales. Technically a revision is a "new hardware", so that would fit the rumor perfectly. On the other hand, it might be a new sort of peripheral, like a webcame type thing or maybe (and I really hope this is it) a DS player attachment to the Wii. Everyone knows about the cool GBA player that the GC had, so why can't there be a DS player for the Wii?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 12, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »

So Pale, whats up with a temporary NWR Press Pass so that you guys have a guy at the event in San Francisco on the 24th? 2 Passes would work better. Me and Pro*Daisy will cover the event together.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1887 on: February 12, 2010, 01:29:50 PM »

So Pale, whats up with a temporary NWR Press Pass so that you guys have a guy at the event in San Francisco on the 24th? 2 Passes would work better. Me and Pro*Daisy will cover the event together.
We already have San Fran people. =P

I'm incredibly sad because I will be in San Fran from the 13th to the 20th.  This was planned months ago. Why'd they have to go and schedule it for 4 days after I leave?
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1888 on: February 12, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »
Also, I would temper your excitement for that day just a little bit.  Though it's probably unlikely, there is a chance that whatever gets announced then will be embargoed until closer to GDC.
---------------------

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 12, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
That's cool, not like I couldn't drop vague hints and feel all important till next month :cool;
You sure you don't need extra people at the event? the 24th is clear for me.... well I'll leave the offer on the table. You know how to contact me ;)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1890 on: February 12, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
ahahahaha I have work on the 24th.  It's too late to approve vacation time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 12, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
You do realize that you're not supposed to save your sick days for days that you are actually sick right?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1892 on: February 12, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »
I'm saving up the sick days for payoff upon retirement >=|

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 12, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »
I have a feeling ngamer is going to be laughing at us on the 24th.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 12, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »
Latest rumor is that Criterion (Burnout) is developing the next SSX game. The rumor comes from Official PSM, but since the last SSX came out on Wii and sold decently (I think), there is no reason at this point to think that the Wii won't get a version at some point too.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-that-should-be-true-criterion-working-on-new-ssx-163455.phtml
It's a fact that Electronic Arts needs to get off its ass and employ someone (anyone!) to make a true next-generation SSX title. What if that "someone" was Guildford, England-based Burnout developer Criterion Games?

That's the rumor, coming straight from the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine. The title is said to be in development alongside the already confirmed "action" Need for Speed title that's set to ship this holiday.

Word of a Criterion-developed SSX started floating around awhile back when the company's official Twitter account dropped a mysterious message referencing SSX announcer DJ Atomika, as well as the "Peak 3."

Whether or not this is true remains to be seen, but with E3 set to be a huge show this year, we may hear more in the coming months. If someone important is reading this -- please make this be true... even if it's not.

Criterion Working On New SSX?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 14, 2010, 02:06:40 PM »
Wii 2: have fun with this

So apparently, Nintendo Power ran a picture of a regular Wii remote with a photoshopped 2 in superscript next to the Wii logo because they accidentally used a photo taken from the internet like Capcom did with the Okami box art.

I believe it.

Still, the most believable hardware announcement would be a Wii remote with Motion Plus built in. Could be confusing to consumers, but the Wii has 173 first party Wii controllers/peripherals so I'm sure Nintendo could get away with it.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 14, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
Nintendo should create a new controller that has not only Motion plus built into it, but also the classic controller as well. I'm thinking something essentially that you could just turn on its side and it becomes a classic controller. During normal play you probably wouldn't use the extra buttons/sticks because they would be in awkward locations when played upright.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 14, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »
Yeah, a new system isn't going to happen. I hope the announcements include western release dates for several games Nintendo has only announced for Japan so far (most importantly Trace Memory 2 of course).
Fixed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 14, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »
Sounds believable enough. I wouldn't think that the controller for Nintendo's next system would look exactly the same as the current Wii Remote. And if they did introduce a Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus functionality built-in, then they would put a + next to "Wii" if they really wanted to change something.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 14, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »
Sounds believable enough. I wouldn't think that the controller for Nintendo's next system would look exactly the same as the current Wii Remote. And if they did introduce a Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus functionality built-in, then they would put a + next to "Wii" if they really wanted to change something.

Well, you have Wii Motion Plus and Wii Fit Plus so the next system being called Wii Plus makes some sense.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast