Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167726 times)

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1725 on: January 20, 2010, 11:35:41 PM »
This is Nintendo we're talking about, a company that won't lift a finger to do anything with any of their games if it doesn't guarantee at least a 3-fold return on their investment (in other words, "they're pretty damn cheap").
If you were running a business, would you choose a project that would give you less return over a project that would give you greater return?

I know this isn't the thread to be discussing this in, but I have to call you out when your posting borders on trolling.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 21, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »
Nintendo hasn't really taken many major chances with their franchises in over 10 years. They know what works and what sells. That's not a bad strategy by any means, but most of us remember 1990's Nintendo which brought us several new franchises with fresh ideas. Proof that you can both sell and innovate. Nintendo seems reluctant to mess with a winning formula, but they are beginning to show their age.

Anyway, I didn't know if this belonged here or in the Zelda Wii thread: Leaked Zelda Wii rumor

Most of them are pretty safe guesses.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 21, 2010, 12:20:13 AM »
Anyway, I didn't know if this belonged here or in the Zelda Wii thread: Leaked Zelda Wii rumor

Most of them are pretty safe guesses.

I already put it in the Zelda Wii thread
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=28492.msg579135#msg579135

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 21, 2010, 12:27:54 AM »
Oh wow, look at that. That's the last time I try to contribute to your stupid rumors thread.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 21, 2010, 12:47:07 AM »
Well it needed to be put in here to eventually. I was just waiting for a different source or something.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 21, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »
Regarding Luigi's Mansion, I thought it was a really fun game and I enjoyed beating it.  But it was too damn short.  I rented it for four days and beat the game in only two.  It was so short I felt ripped off on a RENTAL.  I've also been hard on it because Nintendo chose to promote it as the Gamecube launch flagship title.  The Xbox has got Halo and Nintendo's trying to convince you to buy a new console to play a game that lasts two afternoons?  Well no wonder the Gamecube never got any momentum.  Luigi's Mansion, as fun as it was, was a HUGE brainfart on Nintendo's part.  It gave the Cube a very weak first impression and the console never recovered.  If it wasn't given such a high profile release date it would probably be more fondly remembered.

I think because of the short length a Luigi's Mansion sequel would be ideal as WiiWare.  The issue with game length is always the cost.  A short game just isn't worth $50.  But $10-15 and you don't even have to drive to the store to get it?  Yeah, now this seems worth it.  I think it would be well received on WiiWare.  Then they can also design the game for the remote and not try to shoehorn motion controls into a game never designed with it in mind.  Hell, Luigi's Mansion seemed to be designed to demostrate the use of twin analog sticks and analog trigger buttons.  The controls for it are perfectly tailored to the Gamecube controller.  It won't play as well with NPC.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 21, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »
I like when Ian posts, it's always something relevant and worthwhile. Unlike this post right here.

Luigi's Mansion 2 with more Boo House Mansions, maybe with more spooky non-mansion environments to explore? I think that would be great! And why does Luigi's Mansion look better than most Wii games today?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 21, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
That's why I suggested a LM2 w/ LM1 on the same disc.
a 2 for 1 double pack or original with expansion pack in.

I've never played LM, but the only thing I know about it is that it was a very short game.
Unless they were gonna NPC it for $19.99 then I think a double pack is the way to go.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 21, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »
I think because of the short length a Luigi's Mansion sequel would be ideal as WiiWare.  The issue with game length is always the cost.  A short game just isn't worth $50.  But $10-15 and you don't even have to drive to the store to get it?  Yeah, now this seems worth it.

I remember bouncing ideas for a Luigi's Mansion sequel back and forth with you once, and you seemed convinced enough that it could be great that you were actually sad that it would likely never happen.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 21, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
I have no idea how a NPC Luigi's Mansion would even work unless they move the camera to a behind-the-shoulder view.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1735 on: January 21, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »
"And why does Luigi's Mansion look better than most Wii games today?"

Because most Wii games are made by Ubisoft.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 21, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
The cynic in me says that the Luigi's Mansion trademark is going to be a re-release, but I'd love a sequel on Wii.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 21, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »
Does anyone know how big the original game is?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 21, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »
8cm
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 21, 2010, 10:59:12 PM »
What exactly do you mean by "big"?

As far as game size goes, it has four large "areas" separated into floors of the house. Game time will vary, but for me, I think my first time through was about 8 hours, and now it takes about 6. After you beat it, you can play again at a sort of "harder" setting, where you will receive twice as much damage when you're hit, but will also cause twice as much damage, allowing you to get a higher score.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: January 21, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »
I meant in Mega Bytes.

How large is the game file size?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 21, 2010, 11:10:44 PM »
No idea, but I doubt it comes close to the 1.5GB limit of GameCube discs.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 21, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »
I believe Luigi's Mansion is around 185MB altogether. No reason not to include it on the disc if they ever make a sequel.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 21, 2010, 11:39:49 PM »
The reason I asked is because I was wondering if it was possible to make the game fit on VC or WiiWare or something.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 22, 2010, 12:48:55 AM »
Isn't the limit for WiiWare and VC 40 MB? I doubt they could compress the game enough to fit onto the service.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 22, 2010, 12:50:11 AM »
Well, that's why I was asking how big the game was.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 22, 2010, 04:15:29 AM »
Doesn't VC allow for a slightly bigger limit than WW since it is providing games that have already been made?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 22, 2010, 06:09:57 AM »
LM just won't work on WiiWare, because Nintendo has restricted games on that to 40MB maximum. Of course, it is possible they could make an exception, but I highly doubt it.

The Wii's internal storage is only 512mb, so you can see why having 185mb games would be problematic. Not to mention that it would take quite awhile to download and probably cause bandwidth issues for Nintendo's servers.

So this is a game that can only be re-released on a DVD Disc and that means an NPC title. Hopefully though, they will retain classic controller support for those like Ian who dislike waggle.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:16:20 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 22, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
Hopefully though, they will retain classic controller support for those who just like to complain about waggle because they have nothing better to do..
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 02, 2010, 04:09:29 AM »
This is not a rumor but more of a speculation.

Platinum Games (MadWorld) has a new game coming out called Vanquish, and all that they have released on it so far is this trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-vanquish/61349?type=flv

The whole video is CG and they are being tight lipped about what system it is for.
The Protagonist wears a white battle suit which reminds me of Iron Man the way it's put on him but of P.N.03 in the way the suit actually looks, being all white.

This is a new game being headed up by Mikami (RE4 & P.N.03) and recently this pic was posted up on their site:

and just as quickly removed.

If you look closely there is only one kind of controller present on the desk. Looks like a Wiimote on the desk furthest right. (sorry, don't have a larger pic).

So the speculation of the day is that Vanquish could be coming to Wii.
Hopefully if this is anywhere accurate, the game turns out to be the 3rd person shooter that we were hoping would follow RE4Wii and have been craving ever since we have been denied and given rail shooters in it's place.