Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167517 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1625 on: October 27, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
Well for three reasons:

One -- Why **** on a game we know nothing about?
They have made several James Bond games before, none of them were thought of to be as good as Goldeneye. Putting the Goldeneye label on it all of sudden isn't gonna change that fact.

Two -- This game, if even real, is called Goldeneye Wii, meaning it's exclusive. I'd say that's at least a bit interesting.
It's actually called Goldeneye 2010 and is currently being developed on Wii but is also rumored for PS360 too

And Three -- The Conduit, the game everyone and their skank ass moms hyped up, was made by the developer who made "50 Cent: the Game."
Which I heard wasn't that  bad of a game all things considered. The conduit wasn't a bad game either, it just wasn't great.
It was hyped to all hell and back because it seemed like the developers were putting every ounce of effort behind the game and were really proud of their work. They did a fairly decent job, I hope The Grinder improves on all aspects of their game development.

edit: Remember the last game that bore the Goldeneye name
http://xbox.ign.com/objects/662/662966.html
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:53:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 27, 2009, 10:53:12 PM »
Remember 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent'? This is why I won't hold my breath.

Now, a new game based on the movie 'Goldeneye' would be pretty cool. But I'm not going to expect much more out of it than what we have gotten from previous Bond efforts on consoles. If it turns out to be more than that, sweet. If not, it may still be worth a look.

Though, either way, a new Bond/Goldeneye game will be competing with Red Steel 2, Grinder and a few other FPS games (like a new Medal of Honor or CoD/Modern Warfare)  so it will have some stiff competition.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 28, 2009, 09:41:01 PM »
I'm calling BULLSHIT on this right now and the only reason I'm posting it is because, well, it's a rumor and someone else would've posted it sooner or later.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=37744
Exclusive: Wii 2 specs leaked, Blu-ray enabled and 1080p support?
We've just received some exclusive news and specs on the Wii 2 via Logic-Sunrise.com) (though a Nintendo of France marketing employee). The leaked specs denote the Wii 2 will get a Blu-ray drive (mainly to stop piracy), but will also support 1080P for games as well as movies. The new system is due out during the third quarter of next year and there will be the option to trade in old Wii's!

More details below (translated from French):

This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.

Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worlwide annoucement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz. Official pictures are not yet available, and more specs will be released in due course.

Why do we believe it at all ?

* Artik from Logic-Sunrise.com has regularly provided news to MaxConsole and has a lot of 'insider' contacts.

* Nintendo has suggested that it's time they embraced high definition technology for the Wii and Blu-ray has firmly established itself. So a Wii 2 with Blu-ray support does make sense.

Now lets debate why this isn't gonna happen.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 28, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:19 PM »
TBH, I should remove the link to the site that posted it so that I don't accidentally send extra hits over to their site.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1630 on: October 28, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »
Fool's Day is Any Day?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 29, 2009, 03:47:59 AM »
Nintendo would never lower themselves to getting a license for a piece of a competitors technology. Also, where and how often has Nintendo or anyone working for Nintendo admitted to not supporting true HD being a mistake?
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
Now lets debate why this isn't gonna happen.

Even if somehow everything else did eventually come true (blueray, 1080p, MOVIE PLAYBACK lol) one thing will never happen;

NINTENDO will NEVER let you trade in your Wii towards a Wii2. It just doesn't make sense.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 29, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »
Don't ever use maxconsole as a "source" - logic-sunrise, their source is somewhat dependable, but still, this is complete bullshit, and I don't even see it on logic-sunrise.com
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 29, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
HAHAHAHA! Maybe if the Wii were some type of Handheld, but not way is Nintendo about to pull a Sega.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: October 29, 2009, 01:25:46 PM »
Simultaneous worldwide releases won't happen because retail works differently in different places, around here new stuff gets shipped on Thursday and put up for sale on Friday, in the US it seems to be sold around Tuesday. You can get a same-week release but not same-day.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 30, 2009, 12:04:50 AM »
Don't ever use maxconsole as a "source" - logic-sunrise, their source is somewhat dependable, but still, this is complete bullshit, and I don't even see it on logic-sunrise.com

Wasn't Max-console the first to leak the Wii specs?
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=8802 <-- 7/30/2006
http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2006/08/7407.ars <-- 8/02/2006
I'm not saying that that makes this any more believable.... I'm just sayin'

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 01, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »
There is absolutely no way Nintendo will ever use Blu-Ray for anything.  It simply does not make business sense to directly fund your competitor that way, especially if you are in the process of researching your own superior proprietary medium (like holographic carts or high capacity SD cards.)

That's how I know that story is bull
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 01, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »
Yeah, Nintendo already has a serious investment that completely circumvents the need for Blue-Ray. Their hologram technology only needs a DVD player versus the competing company which uses Blue-Ray. Why go through the expensive middleman of Blue-Ray when DVD is cheaper and more widely used?
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 01, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
WiiHD rumors just won't die. This time it's attached to Netflix Streaming coming to the Wii.

Last week I received some images that showed Netflix streaming on a Wii console. I didn't run with the story at the time as I didn't know if the images were legit and it's taken me until today to confirm they are in fact real. I'm not disclosing who confirmed it for me but someone involved in the project has confirmed that Nintendo is currently in testing stages with Netflix to bring their streaming service to the Wii very soon.

What I'm hearing is that Nintendo originally planned to bring the Netflix service to the Wii before the end of this year, which still might take place, but that Nintendo is also considering holding off on the Netflix service until they release their next generation Wii HD unit in early 2010.

Now it's early 2010!?
I don't believe it, but business wise it would make alot of sense.
Sell a record amount of Wii which are gimped (no dvd playback out of the box, no HD resolution), then release a upgraded version of the same console in an attempt to get everyone to double dip for the extra features that coulda been there from the start.

Offline hylianhero5249

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Shogun Gamer
« Reply #1640 on: November 01, 2009, 11:51:22 PM »
WiiHD rumors just won't die. This time it's attached to Netflix Streaming coming to the Wii.

Last week I received some images that showed Netflix streaming on a Wii console. I didn't run with the story at the time as I didn't know if the images were legit and it's taken me until today to confirm they are in fact real. I'm not disclosing who confirmed it for me but someone involved in the project has confirmed that Nintendo is currently in testing stages with Netflix to bring their streaming service to the Wii very soon.

What I'm hearing is that Nintendo originally planned to bring the Netflix service to the Wii before the end of this year, which still might take place, but that Nintendo is also considering holding off on the Netflix service until they release their next generation Wii HD unit in early 2010.

Now it's early 2010!?
I don't believe it, but business wise it would make alot of sense.
Sell a record amount of Wii which are gimped (no dvd playback out of the box, no HD resolution), then release a upgraded version of the same console in an attempt to get everyone to double dip for the extra features that coulda been there from the start.
I call bull****!  >:(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 02, 2009, 12:01:33 AM »
I call bull****!  >:(

I'm calling BULLSHIT on this right now and the only reason I'm posting it is because, well, it's a rumor and someone else would've posted it sooner or later.

Oh I agree, but the guy supposedly has contacts at who mentioned WiiHD to him according to his follow-ups in the comments section. I don't think there is a WiiHD mid generation hardware booster, but I can see how it might make sense if done correctly. If it were to happen though, I know that there definitely wouldn't be a BRD player in it. I don't actually think it would have any new hardware other than what is needed to display at HD resolutions and maybe more internal flash.

and since I'm entertaining the idea of a WiiHD, what if that is the reason why Nintendo was holding off on releasing the Black Wii in America? WiiHD is the Black Wii!!?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 02, 2009, 02:34:26 AM »
and since I'm entertaining the idea of a WiiHD, what if that is the reason why Nintendo was holding off on releasing the Black Wii in America? WiiHD is the Black Wii!!?

A black Wii with HD + more internal flash would convince me to double-dip.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 02, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »
I don't see it happening, that's only four years after the Wii launch. I don't think the strategy of micro-evolutions works nearly as well for home systems as it does in the portable sector. Besides, most Wii games have pretty ugly graphics and simply adding HD would probably make them look even worse.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 02, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »
IF such a thing were to happen, I really don't think it would be considered a Wii2 like system that can have games made specifically for it that are not compatible with the current Wii, I just see it as more of a steroid shot to the arm for the Wii and upscales all existing and future software up to 720p. It might have a few other perks like more onboard flash, but nothing that would make your old Wii completely obsolete.

It would be like the GBC update or the GBA with backlighting update that leads into the next real hardware upgrade.
I still don't think there will be a Wii2 until end of 2011 at the earliest (5 year cycle), but a WiiHD to push hardware sales and tempt double dippers would make good business sense.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 02, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »
Doesn't it still hold true that developing HD games raises cost? That's why Nintendo didn't include it the first time around and if that's still the case then I don't see them releasing any sort of HD Wii regardless of how many games they would release for it. They're not focusing on visuals this time around.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 02, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
I don't think you understand what upscaling it. Games would still be produced the same as they were before, the hardware (upscaling chip) would up the resolution above what the current source provides.

So essentially the games (current & future) would still be made at 480p resolution.
The WiiHD would take that image and output it at 720p resolution for your HDTV.
The hardware does all the work, the source material stays the same.

Development cost stay the same, but some developers might want to fine tune their textures once they see how crisp and clear they would look at a higher and sharper resolution.

edit: See this thread for more examples of what I'm talking about
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=28798.msg530628#msg530628
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 05:36:14 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 02, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
That sounds like some extra work would still need to be done in order for the games to not look ugly when upscaled.

Eh, whatever. It isn't something I care about, so as long as it wasn't a requirement then I don't care if it were released.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 02, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »
It wouldn't require any extra work for the textures to look good when upscaled.
Developers would just need to make good looking textures to begin with and stop being lazy.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 02, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
It wouldn't require any extra work for the textures to look good when upscaled.
Developers would just need to make good looking textures to begin with and stop being lazy.

LMFAO

No seriously, LOL

HAHAHAHAHA

Nope, still funny *giggles*
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.